Notices
Accommodation Hotels, Resorts, Villas Questions and Info

Old 7 Jan 20, 10:08 AM  
Link to this Post
EssexSue
VIP Dibber

Mobile Premier Inn Gatwick North

Stayed here last night, dropped off car at Sofitel next door so that was easy enough. We had upgraded to the Meal Deal and I would really recommend it. Dave had lamb Kofta with Greek salad followed by steak and chips and I had home made leek and potato soup followed by hand battered haddock with chips and peas. The deal also included beer wine and soft drinks. I had a rather nice Pinot and he had a Doon Bar. (Obviously we paid extra for another couple of rounds &#128513.
The breakfast was excellent much better than the Hampton by Hilton one in November. This was also included in the deal. For £52.98 for both of us I reckon we got a bargain there.
EssexSue is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Jan 20, 10:11 AM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Sue

We regularly recommend the PI at North terminal and their Meal Deal on here.

Have a great time

Mick
Old 7 Jan 20, 10:43 AM  
Link to this Post
EssexSue
VIP Dibber

To be honest Mick I was being a brat and wanted to stay at Sofitel so didn't expect to be impressed.
EssexSue is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Jan 20, 10:49 AM  
Link to this Post
Pagan8c
Getting Excited

Is this the Airport Way one ? I am using that one in July and have booked the meal deal so hope it is as good.
Pagan8c is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Jan 20, 10:56 AM  
Link to this Post
CarsonMac
Very Serious Dibber

do the meal deals need to be booked in advance? we are staying there after a evening flight so wasnt sure if we would have time so didnt want to book it if we can use it!
Quality Inn Plaza , I drive (2009) / Los Angeles, CA (2010) /New york + Villa at Chatham park (2014/15) / Quality Inn on 192 (2015) / Laguna beach (2016) / Flamingo inn ,Daytona beach (2016/17) Houston , Atlanta + Coco key water resort, I drive (2017), Boston (2018), New York City (2018) Washington DC + Clarion Suites Maingate, (2018)Red Lion/ New orleans (Sept 2019) Cabbibean Resort/ Red lion (Jan 2020), Baymont Inn and Suites (Aug 2020)
CarsonMac is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Jan 20, 11:01 AM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by CarsonMac View Post
do the meal deals need to be booked in advance? we are staying there after a evening flight so wasnt sure if we would have time so didnt want to book it if we can use it!
No I don't think so, I suspect it is the north terminal one.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Jan 20, 11:04 AM  
Link to this Post
EssexSue
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Yes just opposite North Terminal.
Old 7 Jan 20, 11:14 AM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by EssexSue View Post
To be honest Mick I was being a brat and wanted to stay at Sofitel so didn't expect to be impressed.
Sue

If we have enough Tesco Deals we stay "free" at the Hilton but if paying real money always happy with the Pi. We've stayed at the Hilton 7 or 8 times with Tesco but, to be honest, the dinner buffet has gone downhill over the years. It's just easier to stay there and eat than going off to look landside at either terminal or even drive off to somewhere else. Once we've dropped the car off at the appropriate multi-storey it's there till we get home. Much prefer the PI Meal Deal.

We have a simple philosophy about airport hotels. We're there for maybe 12 hours - 8 hours asleep, 2 eating, 2 killing time. Just want a comfy bed, quiet room and reasonable food. Don't want a spa or a concierge to book us a West End show.

Stayed at that PI four times - £28 (never seen that since), £38 (maybe if lucky) and twice at £55.

Mick
Old 8 Jan 20, 09:06 PM  
Link to this Post
Scotty
Imagineer

We are staying here next month, looks good.
Old 12 Jan 20, 09:31 AM  
Link to this Post
lizzie145
Imagineer

I've stayed here before with the meal deal. It's nothing special at dinner but perfectly adequate and lots of choice. It does get very busy so can be good to book if lots of you.
I like the breakfast, good price for all you can eat and fills you up and sees you through to lunch on the plane.

Rooms are clean and adequate, I like a soft bed so always struggle on holiday but I cope.

£61 for the room and I will add one the meal deal when I get there.