Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 20 Dec 19, 12:31 PM  
Link to this Post
Disneyfreaks
Imagineer

Mobile MVMCP...please tell me...

... I’m very excited about this Event but please can anyone tell me what food/drink/treats are included...

Hoping it’s a good night, are all rides open, fireworks etc ? We’ve done the Halloween party & loved that !
Disneyfreaks is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Dec 19, 03:19 PM  
Link to this Post
jvm32
Trainee Dibber

I was going to type out lots of info but this link describes it better than I could, it has pictures of the party guide as well which details the snacks/drinks and rides

mousehacking/blog/mi...as-party-guide
jvm32 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Dec 19, 12:33 PM  
Link to this Post
Disneyfreaks
Imagineer

Mmmm, well I was really excited for this special event but was very disappointed..

Thought the numbers were meant to be limited but OMG, the queues (even for the loo) it felt just aa ridiculously busy as any other normal day iin MK..the only difference was they gave you free cookies & hot chocolate !

Have to say the fireworks & show were both fantastic but other than that, waste of (a lot) of dollars in my opinion.

We’ve done MNSSHP before which we thought was much better & enjoyed, still - that’s both events done now,& we know never to do the Christmas party again !

Felt very deflated when we got back to the resort last night (sorry, very early hours ! ) 😂

Edited at 12:52 PM.
Disneyfreaks is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Dec 19, 01:04 PM  
Link to this Post
Gill H
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 86
Guidebook Reviews: 24
Mobile

We have always found it crazy busy even though numbers are restricted. But after the fireworks lots of people leave. We watch the second parade and the final castle show when it is quiet.

We got 4 special shows and a parade as well as limited edition merch, hot choc and cookies. For us it was worth the money.
Other parks: Tokyo
Gill H is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Dec 19, 01:23 PM  
Link to this Post
Mexy02
VIP Dibber

Mexy02's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Disneyfreaks View Post
Mmmm, well I was really excited for this special event but was very disappointed..

Thought the numbers were meant to be limited but OMG, the queues (even for the loo) it felt just aa ridiculously busy as any other normal day iin MK..the only difference was they gave you free cookies & hot chocolate !

Have to say the fireworks & show were both fantastic but other than that, waste of (a lot) of dollars in my opinion.

We’ve done MNSSHP before which we thought was much better & enjoyed, still - that’s both events done now,& we know never to do the Christmas party again !

Felt very deflated when we got back to the resort last night (sorry, very early hours ! ) 😂
We’ve done all the parties many times before but this year was just ridiculous . As you say they are oversold and Disney know this . It is not an enjoyable night anymore at all . They seriously need to listen to feedback .
Yacht club / Bahama bay oct/Nov 2019 , poly
Nov 2022 boulder ridge, Polynesian , AOA and Bahama bay
Sept 24 POFQ
Mexy02 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Dec 19, 02:14 PM  
Link to this Post

I have only been to MNSSHP and I am not sure I would attend another party night because of the crowding, far busier than on any regular day I have ever been.

If I were going again though, I would have a proper meal beforehand. I didn't eat before the MNSSHP and I couldn't find anything in the park as I assumed I would, most places were shut and the ones that were open had the most enormous queues. I didn't even get one single item of trick or treat candy as the queues for that were unbelievable.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Dec 19, 02:28 PM  
Link to this Post
Posiesmum
VIP Dibber

Posiesmum's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 3

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 2
Guidebook Photos: 3
We went on 12/12/19 and were disappointed. The weather was poor, it rained all night off and on. The parade was cancelled and replaced with a ‘rainy day cavalcade’ which was just the characters in vehicles and very short. As it was so damp, all the cookies were damp too and the seasonal drinks unimpressive. We arrived at 6.30 and left at 8!
I emailed guest services outlining my disappointment. It should really have been cancelled. They did reply and offered us 1 day any park tickets which are open until 2023 so I was satisfied with that. However, we wouldn’t bother with the party again.

Edited at 02:29 PM.
Posiesmum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Dec 19, 02:55 PM  
Link to this Post
jvm32
Trainee Dibber

We went on 3/12 and had a great night, parade was fantastic and loved the fireworks.

Wasn't interested in rides, met characters we hadn't met before and just enjoyed the night. Was really surprised by how quiet it was on main street when the fireworks were on, given the night was supposed to be sold out as well.

I don't plan on going back at Christmas, but if I did I'd definitely go back to the party.
jvm32 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Jan 20, 09:57 AM  
Link to this Post
anna68
VIP Dibber

anna68's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Was it snowing on Main Street? That’s what I’d like to see!
I am going mid November this year and I think mvmcp is something I just have to do 😬 despite the cost. The parade looks amazing.
anna68 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jan 20, 07:53 PM  
Link to this Post
Gill H
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 86
Guidebook Reviews: 24
Yes it does (mind you, I am spoilt, as at DLP that happens multiple times a day during the Christmas season, and sometimes it is even real snow rather than 'snope'!)
Other parks: Tokyo
Gill H is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List