Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 22 Jan 20, 02:54 AM  
Link to this Post
PortoBoy
Trying for More Ears

Booking FP+ for 13 nights – how long will it take?

Hi All,

I realise this can only be a ballpark figure, but how long do you think it might take to book my FP+ for a 13 night stay? I've a busy day at work when my 60 day window opens, and I'm trying to get a sense of what might be possible. Am I looking at 30 mins? A full hour?

Any feedback would be very welcome!
PortoBoy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jan 20, 06:54 AM  
Link to this Post
papamouse
VIP Dibber

if like me you are an uber planner...

you already know which park you will be in each day of your trip...

That narrows down which FPs you will be choosing considerably...

Next - if for example you are going to MK on a Monday - you have booked an early Breakfast at BOG - then you are in Fantasyland as the park is opening - so can get on some of the rides before it gets "too" busy.

Then think about your party and what are the MUST DO rides...

Then for that particular day - MK, FantasyLand, Mine Train, Peter Pan, Nip down to Haunted Mansion, then either before or after Princesses, Carousel, Philharmagic, Ariel, Gaston, Belle, etc...

So with that level of planning - 1) knowing which park you will be in, 2) knowing MUST DO rides... its a click (date) click (park) click, click, click (rides) - then next day and repeat.

Take advantage of the jet lag knowing you will be wide awake at 5am the first few days.

Add a little flex for match up with your food places or any meals booked, and remember plans will change as some days you may just decide to hang out at the pool.

There's a little out of date guide in my footer below to show the process.

Hope this helps

P

2024 Early Booker Discounts Calculator Spreadsheet here:
https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho...php?p=15848077

Edited at 06:59 AM.
papamouse is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jan 20, 09:58 AM  
Link to this Post
chmurf
Imagineer

it will also depend on how comfortable you are using internet tools and computers in general

30 minutes to an hour seems like a good estimate

you may also not find the times you wanted for the rides you wanted, so know you can fine tune your reservations, and tweak and change right after the initial booking, so that can add to the time it will take you on that busy day

also don't plan for hard to get rides in the first few days of your stay, like FoP for example, there is very little chance you'll get one for the first 3 or 4 days of your stay, so plan this on a later AK visit
if you're putting that one on your list for first morning for example, you'll waste a lot of time trying to rework your schedule when you realise it's not going to happen
chmurf is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jan 20, 11:18 AM  
Link to this Post
Nimbus
Imagineer

Nimbus's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 8
Restaurant Reviews: 21

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 36
Guidebook Reviews: 2
I would say that it'll take at least an hour.

If you imagine it taking 5 minutes to select a day, select the people in your party, select a park, select the 3 rides and times for that day, and then accepting those selections then that would take just over an hour to do 13 days in total. I think the last time I did it (which was some time ago) it took me 1.5 hours or so.

However, if you already know for definite what parks you are visiting on which days and which rides you will book and when, then it might take a little less time.

~ Trip Report Indexes ~
Nimbus is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jan 20, 12:07 PM  
Link to this Post
vampiress88
Imagineer

Mobile

I’d say hour and half too

I’d love to do it in one go but I have to do mine day by day being offsite which will not happen well this year due to being in the middle of the ocean.
vampiress88 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jan 20, 12:29 PM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Mobile

I’d estimate an hour. I think that’s how long it took me for 15 nights last year.

Trip Report Index
sha9 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jan 20, 12:39 PM  
Link to this Post

I would think 45 minutes to an hour.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jan 20, 11:55 PM  
Link to this Post
PortoBoy
Trying for More Ears

Thanks everyone, really appreciate the feedback.
PortoBoy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List