Notices
Disneyland Paris Trip Planning Disneyland Paris Holiday Planning Questions and Tips.

Old 6 Feb 20, 12:04 PM  
Link to this Post
arielrocks
VIP Dibber

Mobile Eurostar on sale dates

I’m sure a lot of you know but for those who don’t the following dates were quoted to me on the phone this morning with Eurostar.

Direct services 320 days in advance ON THE PHONE

Direct services 280 days in advance ONLINE

Indirect 90 days phone and online.

I wish I had known this, the cheap dates for my dates are long gone 🙄
arielrocks is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Feb 20, 02:03 PM  
Link to this Post
Rachv38
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

I phoned them this morning asking when my dates were on sale as we are going on 16th Dec and return on the 20th Dec. The man I spoke to said it was up to 11th Dec over phone. He's told me to try in 10 days. What are your dates?
Rachv38 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Feb 20, 02:11 PM  
Link to this Post
dee slack
Imagineer

grrr, looks like my date already been then as been checking online and still another couple of weeks away.
Not sure if I've imagined it, but is there a £10 fee for phone booking? Is that per seat or per booking? Do you pay on Euro or GBP if you phone?
We've previously booked as a package with Magic Breaks so not had to look at Eurostar ourselves before this year and it's a wee bit confusing after seeing this!
Disney Magic 1998*Rocky Mountaineer 2002*Italy 03 *Kenya safari 03*US S'west 04 *Dubai 04*China & Hong Kong 05*Royal Clipper 05*Sth Africa,Swaziland, Zambia,Botswana 06*India 06*Iceland 07*WDW VR 07*Tanzania 11*Japan 12*DCL EBTA 13*HK DL, Angkor Wat Cambodia,Vietnam,Thailand,Singapore 2014* DCL EBPC 14*Galapagos, Machu Picchu 15*DCL Hawaii 15*Australia,Bali 16*Asian parks 17*Alaska & polar bears 18*ABC's & Cuba cruise
dee slack is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Feb 20, 02:36 PM  
Link to this Post
dee slack
Imagineer

just checked and it's £10 booking fee per booking.

so phoned for 23rd Nov to 27th and direct return (standard) for 2 adults is £252 which seems quite expensive.
Asked about just coming back direct and it's £157 standard - still expensive.

Anyone know roughly how much an indirect (via Lille) would be for 2 adults, just one way? Would actually prefer going indirect as a) gets to Disney 2 hours earlier and b) gives us time to nip to the big Carrefour in Lille to stock up on wine and beers but not if it's going to cost a lot more.
Disney Magic 1998*Rocky Mountaineer 2002*Italy 03 *Kenya safari 03*US S'west 04 *Dubai 04*China & Hong Kong 05*Royal Clipper 05*Sth Africa,Swaziland, Zambia,Botswana 06*India 06*Iceland 07*WDW VR 07*Tanzania 11*Japan 12*DCL EBTA 13*HK DL, Angkor Wat Cambodia,Vietnam,Thailand,Singapore 2014* DCL EBPC 14*Galapagos, Machu Picchu 15*DCL Hawaii 15*Australia,Bali 16*Asian parks 17*Alaska & polar bears 18*ABC's & Cuba cruise
dee slack is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Feb 20, 05:51 PM  
Link to this Post
HappyPanda
Apprentice Imagineer

Thank you for posting this. I called Eurostar last week as I wanted to book for 25th Nov - 30th Nov and was told I'd have to ring back after 9am on 24th February.. seems like that wasn't correct then!

I'll ring them tomorrow and see what they have left but I'm guessing the cheap seats are long gone.
HappyPanda is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Feb 20, 05:55 PM  
Link to this Post
arielrocks
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by Rachv38 View Post
I phoned them this morning asking when my dates were on sale as we are going on 16th Dec and return on the 20th Dec. The man I spoke to said it was up to 11th Dec over phone. He's told me to try in 10 days. What are your dates?

9/11 for 5 days.
arielrocks is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Feb 20, 05:57 PM  
Link to this Post
arielrocks
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by dee slack View Post
just checked and it's £10 booking fee per booking.

so phoned for 23rd Nov to 27th and direct return (standard) for 2 adults is £252 which seems quite expensive.
Asked about just coming back direct and it's £157 standard - still expensive.

Anyone know roughly how much an indirect (via Lille) would be for 2 adults, just one way? Would actually prefer going indirect as a) gets to Disney 2 hours earlier and b) gives us time to nip to the big Carrefour in Lille to stock up on wine and beers but not if it's going to cost a lot more.
Just do a dummy booking online for a date within 90 days then the Lille options will come up. Check the train times though as some have a 2 hour stopover
Old 6 Feb 20, 05:57 PM  
Link to this Post
arielrocks
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by HappyPanda View Post
Thank you for posting this. I called Eurostar last week as I wanted to book for 25th Nov - 30th Nov and was told I'd have to ring back after 9am on 24th February.. seems like that wasn't correct then!

I'll ring them tomorrow and see what they have left but I'm guessing the cheap seats are long gone.
Same problem I had. I’m so annoyed. Why not just open all the dates at the same time!
Old 6 Feb 20, 07:51 PM  
Link to this Post
kenville
slightly serious Dibber

Originally Posted by dee slack View Post
so phoned for 23rd Nov to 27th and direct return (standard) for 2 adults is £252 which seems quite expensive..
That’s not even school holidays! I’d be very surprised if they are that price when they come online. Prices at six months out have always been very cheap eg 2 adults and 2 kids can be had for £260 return. But they don’t tend to put cheap tickets on sale for the school holidays eg October half term went on straight away at over £800 and I’d be very surprised if that many people got in there that quick for something nine months away.
kenville is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Feb 20, 08:00 PM  
Link to this Post
arielrocks
VIP Dibber

Mobile

We’ve been quoted £379 return for 2 ads and 2 children. We were going to get the 3 and 2 year old a seat but not sure now.