Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 26 Feb 20, 08:50 AM  
Link to this Post
Ellelledee
Imagineer

Mobile Hyperthermia last dilemma WWUD

I have a friend who recently had a fall out with one of her other friends but they have just sort of made up. So each year at Xmas the other friend buys my friend a voucher - I think maybe a WOWCHER or GROUPON type thing where they do say gin tasting or a spa session together and she did the same at Xmas. So the event was due to happen soon and so as they were only just back on track and things are early days my friend mentioned it asking were they still going ahead. And the friend had cancelled it and got her money back!
I was shocked! If I bought someone an Xmas prezzie if that kind of thing I would assume they would just take someone else. I asked my dd and she said if she still had the voucher details she would also cancel it - but I don’t think I could. That’s like asking for your present back if you fall out.
WWUD?
Ellelledee is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Feb 20, 08:58 AM  
Link to this Post
Taffy1959
VIP Dibber

Taffy1959's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Mobile

Had she actually given her friend the voucher?
If I had already handed it over I think I would’ve just left it and let her take someone else.
I also think it’s like asking for a gift back if you’ve had a falling out.
Old 26 Feb 20, 08:58 AM  
Link to this Post

I am not sure if I understand. If it was a voucher gift then wouldn’t it have been handed over?
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Feb 20, 09:03 AM  
Link to this Post
Ellelledee
Imagineer

I’m puzzled at the actual workings of it. I “think” perhaps like I have done with my daughter in the past I have booked a show for her birthday/Xmas and often the tickets don’t come until a few weeks before the show. So I have printed out the booking confirmation and put it in a card or gift box. I think that’s what it’s like - my friend had something but not the actual barcode or whatever you would use when you went to the event. So the other person was able to use this and cancel the voucher - I assume the alternative would’ve been to post the barcode to her and say “you and ur husband use it” kind of thing but she didn’t she cancelled it. I just said that was her Xmas prezzie so technically would my friend not say “ok so the picture/foundation/perfume I bought you can I please have that back since you returned my Xmas prezzie and got ur money back?” My friend has just accepted it and it’s all moo but I just was like?

As a p.s the other friend has actually suggested they still do something on the allotted day - maybe get lunch but I’ve said I really hope the other one is paying as my friend has lost out in her Xmas prezzie and will be out of pocket if she is then going to pay for herself after her friend has got her money back. It just baffled me.

Edited at 09:10 AM.
Ellelledee is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Feb 20, 09:15 AM  
Link to this Post
Colette-S
Bon viveur and shopaholic

Colette-S's Reviews
Leave them to it! These things have a habit of turning and you will end up the villain if you get involved. It doesn’t effect you so let them sort it
Colette-S is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Feb 20, 09:31 AM  
Link to this Post
Tinkerbell
Imagineer

Tinkerbell's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Mobile

I was confused by the title of the thread...

I'd say nothing
Tinkerbell is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Feb 20, 09:36 AM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by Tinkerbell View Post

I'd say nothing
Me too, I was thinking it was a thread about what to do with heat exhaustion in Orlando.

OP, it is an odd thing to do. I might offer an opinion if asked, but I would stop advising on what you think your friend should do.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Feb 20, 09:46 AM  
Link to this Post
Smilesonfaces
Imagineer

Smilesonfaces's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
I think it very strange but as others say I would probably keep out of it.
I don’t really understand the scenario either. I have a few days out gifts from Christmas but the gift giver gave me the box with the details of the gift and instructions how to redeem. To be honest I don’t think the “friend” even bought the gift, if I were the other lady I would take it on the chin and concentrate on her real friends. There is a reason they fell out, sometimes it is sad but friendships come to a natural conclusion.
Smilesonfaces is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Feb 20, 09:46 AM  
Link to this Post
Lindaelaine
Imagineer

I'd say nothing
I'm also confused, not only by the title but what the OP is asking.
Who is the WWUD aimed at? You OP or your friend who has had the gift cancelled? if it's you just offer words of sympathy but keep out of it, if it's your friend there is nothing she can do, she either shrugs it off and stays on track with her friend to maintain the friendship or she takes the hump and closes the book on it. I don't feel it's a situation that any of us can really give an opinion on as we don't know the ins and outs of the friendship.
Aug 2018...Westridge. Aug 2019... Miami & Solterra Resort
Lindaelaine is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Feb 20, 09:47 AM  
Link to this Post
Colette-S
Bon viveur and shopaholic

Colette-S's Reviews

I'd say nothing
I was confused too - still am!
Colette-S is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List