Notices

Old 17 Apr 19, 04:32 AM  
Link to this Post
Michyloulou
VIP Dibber

The Marsh‘s Marvellous Mousecation- Day 10 - Tuesday 16th April

Today was HS, but as our 1st FP wasn't until 1.25pm (and we wanted to stay & see Fantasmic), we decided to have a relaxing pool morning at the villa, and an early lunch before we left.
We arrived at HS at about 12.15, and the parking Gods were on our side as we got directed to the end of row space (next to where you catch the trams) in Buzz section! Hoorah! 😁
As we were driving in, they were testing the new cable car system, as we saw ‘wrapped' cable cars moving around. A few were unwrapped, but most seem covered (see above photo).
On entering, we caught The March of the Storm Troopers (sorry if that's not the official title), but very impressive & funny when unsuspecting visitors come face to face with them!

Our 1st FP was ‘Star Tours'. DD had me check with a CM about how enclosed (or not) this ride is after yesterdays awful Mission Space experience. When the CM said “Oh yes, it's enclosed mam” (not the answer I was looking for!), but I asked if it was as bad as MS, which he then confirmed it is nowhere near as bad, so we all braved it, and luckily enjoyed it.
We had a bit of a gap before our next FP, so opted for the Muppets 3D, again the kids loved it (especially the youngest 2).
We had a look around the gift shop, where I decided to start off my very own pin collection (after being inspired by a lady I saw yesterday who had them pinned to her Kipling handbag). Just to add, my Kipling bag is a cheap 2nd hand deal from EBay, so I’m not too bothered if it gets too many pin holes! I opted for the Mickey/Minnie sliders & the house from ‘Up’, plus a Mickey head 3D ice cream magnet.

The slider pins were $14.99
Up house pin was $12.99 and
Magnet was $12.99
My eldest DD also finally bought the rose gold ears she’s been looking at since we arrived ($28.99 + tax).

It was then off to Toy Story Land for our 2nd FP at Toy Story Mania - TSL was absolutely heaving, but the fantastic ride & theming made it all worthwhile! Just a shame it's so difficult to get on the other rides (huge standby lines).

Our 3rd FP was for Rock'n'Roller coaster, which the youngest 2 didn't want to do. Now this is a learn for me for the future (and it may be obvious that younger children wouldn't like this ride), but back when booking FP, I didn't want to keep splitting the family up & didn't really know what to do, so ended up booking all 6 of us for exactly the same rides. I also didn’t want to assume that the older 2 kids would be happy to go off on their own, just in case (turns out they are more than happy to go off by themselves to get a ride they want!). However, on a few occasions throughout the holiday, this is exactly what we've done.
Today I took eldest 2 on Rock'n'Roller coaster while DH queued with youngest 2 for Alien Saucers in TSL.
Rock’’n’roller coaster I really didn’t like- I felt a bit queasy after (I must be getting weak in my old age as used to love these type of thrill rides!).
In the shop after the ride, my Stitch obsessed daughter found a rock’n’roll Stitch on the counter which she wanted to take with her! Instead we opted for a photo!

Restrooms were needed & the rock’n’roll signs bought a smile to my face, so I just had to take a photo!

I promise you I didn’t go into the men’s! 😂
After our 3rd FP was over, I hoped & prayed that Fantasmic would be available- good news - it was (although we had a bit of time to kill), so I quickly added a FP here for us all. However the eldest 2 (adrenaline junkies), decided they'd rather queue for 90 mins for ToT.
After dinner which was QS Pizza - as we didn't have an ADR (we tried Mama Melrose on the off chance they'd have availability, but they didn't). There was another Pizzeria near MM, but sadly this was closed. However the QS Pizza was fine, served with a Caesar salad & filled a hole.
Anyway, after the pizza, again we had a little time to kill until Fantasmic started, so we walked the eldest 2 to ToT & agreed where we'd meet them after their ride (as they'd be finished before Fantasmic ended). All holiday I’d been meaning to go to guest services to get my kids their 1st visit badges, but never got round to it. Youngest DD reminded me, and just along the path was a CM at a little booth, so asked her where we could get the badges. Low & behold, she had them at her little pop-up station & kindly wrote my kids names onto 1 each. She then offered me & DH. I politely declined as it isn’t our 1st time. However, she wasn’t taking no for an answer, and told me “but you’re celebrating your children’s 1st visit!”, so me & DH ended up with a base each also! Love a bit of Pixie 🧚 dust!

We still had time before Fantasmic, so decided to go to the Oasis Canteen and try the much talked about Funnel cake.

As they're so huge & we'd not long had pizza, we shared 1 between the 4 of us (Oreo version). I'd looks forward to this (and they look lovely), but was very greasy & we didn't finish it off (the 2 youngest preferred the Oreo cookies on top). I'm glad I tried it, but would probably opt for a soft-whip ice cream next time.
We finally entered Fantasmic arena - gosh this wasn’t here on my last visit & the size of the area is amazing!
DS & DD texted me to say there were nearly at the front of ToT queue & could they try & get on Slinky Dog while we were watching the show. I said ok, unaware that all rides closed once the show started. I always thought people said this was a good time to get on rides! Anyway, luckily after finding out they couldn’t go on more rides, they still had the Fantasmic FP on their magic bands (again I’d booked for everyone). Apparently the CM questioned them as the show had started, but when their said that we were waiting for them, they let them in (obviously we were in different sections), but at least they got to see it!
We all loved the show (having never seen it before). One of the memories that I think my youngest 2 will cherish however is the Mexican wave that went backwards & forwards around the arena before the show started, with lots of whooping & clapping! I had a lump in my throat at this point before the show had even started!
A great day all in all! Tomorrow we’re off to Blizzard Beach, followed by Mall of Millenia.

Edited at 05:16 AM. Reason: Add photos & more text
Michyloulou is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Apr 19, 09:32 AM  
Link to this Post
margyloveswdw
Deck 4, Disney Wonder

margyloveswdw's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Another fab day!

I love the sliders pin

We kept hoping to see the cable cars moving in Jan/Feb but never saw them. Not sure how I feel about them though!

Thanks for sharing your trip each day; having done a live trip report many years ago, I know the effort that's involved. I love reading about it knowing what I just read is for yesterday in my favourite place
margyloveswdw is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Apr 19, 01:16 PM  
Link to this Post
Loopylooloo
VIP Dibber

I love your photos of the loo signs! I never spotted that before! Hate that ride though bluerghhhh!
I like funnel cake but only plain, with just the sugar on it, nothing else.
Looks like your kids are having a fantastic first time, and am realy enjoying your trip report thanks for sharing!

Our trip reports -
1st trip to Florida - April 2014 - 'Are we nearly Bankrupt yet?!'
The Kuna Mahuna Croatia Holiday 2016
Bankrupt again Florida 2017
New York & RCL Anthem of Seas 2018
https://dibb.in/13476718
And now it’s time for Wine Wine Wine! Rome + Celebrity Cruise May 2022
https://dibb.in/15427816
Loopylooloo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Apr 19, 02:45 PM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Another great day glad you enjoyed Fantasmic

Joan
Old 30 Apr 19, 01:30 PM  
Link to this Post
Jake71
Imagineer

What a good day. Glad you all got to see Fantasmic, it's not my favourite night time show but it still has to be seen for first timers.
Old 6 May 19, 02:14 PM  
Link to this Post
OB1LukeLucas
VIP Dibber

Love the pins. I think the Mexican wave was the highlight of our Fantasmic night too!
OB1LukeLucas is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 May 19, 10:09 PM  
Link to this Post
Cinderella
Imagineer

Mobile

I love fantasmic 😟
Cinderella is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List