Notices
Accommodation Hotels, Resorts, Villas Questions and Info

Old 7 Dec 19, 08:31 PM  
Link to this Post
FloriLori
Trainee Dibber

Private villa payment

Hi, I’m looking for advice please. We have selected a private villa we would like to book but wary about payment as it can’t be done via credit card. I gather this is fairly typical with private lets so really just needing reassurance that it’s ok to go ahead or has anyone had a bad experience? Thanks.
Old 7 Dec 19, 08:50 PM  
Link to this Post
ELLENUT
Imagineer

I have never been able to pay via credit card for a private villa, I think its quite rare to be able to. I would say just do as much research as you can. Where is it advertised? Are there reviews?
1992: Days Inn Lakeside 1994:HOliday inn Maingate East 2006:Pop Century 2008:Saratoga Villas 2010:Regal oaks 2013:Indian Ridge Villa 2015:BA Club,Disney,POR,Villa, RPR,2016 United business, Sunset Ridge villa 2019: Virgin, 4 Corners Villa 2023: CSR & 4 Corners Villa again!
ELLENUT is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Dec 19, 09:21 PM  
Link to this Post
florida addict
Imagineer

florida addict's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
we do bank transfer and have followed the advice from here and never had an issue. rented some beautiful places and had a lovely stay in Tuscan Hills in a Dibb villa this year
Old 7 Dec 19, 10:26 PM  
Link to this Post
FloriLori
Trainee Dibber

Originally Posted by Magnificent View Post
Some owners will offer this option, others won't ...
... I personally wouldn't let it put me off ...
... if you follow the checks I set out in the sticky at the top of this part of the forum, that should give you more confidence.

Renting villas out privately doesn't work without trust ...
... the owner is also trusting you with the keys to their home, worth hundreds of thousands of dollars.
Very good point! Yes, I’ve already done the suggested checks and I’m happy in that respect.
Old 7 Dec 19, 10:27 PM  
Link to this Post
FloriLori
Trainee Dibber

Originally Posted by ELLENUT View Post
I have never been able to pay via credit card for a private villa, I think its quite rare to be able to. I would say just do as much research as you can. Where is it advertised? Are there reviews?
It’s advertised in a few different places and there are reviews too.
Old 7 Dec 19, 10:38 PM  
Link to this Post
Pussycat Doll
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
Sounds like you’ve done your due diligence regarding the villa checks. It’s normal to pay by bank transfer for a villa, lots of owners use PayPal too
Pussycat Doll is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Dec 19, 01:23 AM  
Link to this Post
Pagan8c
Getting Excited

I have rented a private Villa and spoke to the owner in person on the phone so after looking at the website and reading other reviews I have paid via PayPal as well. I have also had return calls from the owner as well so I feel reasonably happy that all is well with the rental.
Pagan8c is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Dec 19, 06:35 AM  
Link to this Post
Pixiebelle
VIP Dibber

As other owners have mentioned, I also use bank transfer and Paypal as well as the payment platforms on some of the other sites that I advertise on. I think the key is that you have good communication with the owner and that they allay any fears that you have on the payment method. I make sure to communicate with my guests that there payments are received as this is important to ensure a stress free holiday.

Luxury 4 bedroom 2 bathroom pool home with Gamesroom. Free wi-fi, cable TV in all rooms, covered lanai - 8 miles from Disney.

60inch TV in Living Room
Xbox One with 37inch TV and games
40inch TV's in bedrooms
Refurbished pool with colour changing lights and a friendly dolphin to swim with.

Guest Reviews: http://www.mydisneyfloridavilla.co.uk/3127/3257.html

Pixiebelle is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List