Notices
Disneyland Paris Trip Planning Disneyland Paris Holiday Planning Questions and Tips.

Old 29 Jun 19, 08:41 AM  
Link to this Post
Geordieprincess
Apprentice Imagineer

DLP for new year and Villages Nature tips please!

So after a rotten start to the year with my Dad dying suddenly 4 days before we were due to go to Florida for a Disney cruise (which we then cancelled) at Easter, we’ve just booked DLP for New Year.

We’ve booked a 4 bed lodge at Villages Nature for a week from 27th Dec. Going with Hubby and 2 kids (13 and 10) and my Mam, MIL, FIL. Felt we didn’t want to be away for Christmas, but wanted something to take our minds off our first Christmas without Dad.

Plan to do a day trip to Paris (as kids have never seen the Eiffel Tower), 2 or 3 days in DLP, then the rest of the time using Villages Nature facilities.

Anyone been to Villages Nature and have any tips/recommendations? Anyone been in winter? Do they do a winter wonderland like UK Centre Parcs or is it more low key?

For Disney, we’ve done DLP and Orlando before so I’m thinking it’s more about the atmosphere, Christmas decorations, parades and shows rather than queuing for rides, especially if it’s busy. I wasn’t planning to buy the New Year’s Eve tickets as it looks like there are also “free” fireworks in the studios, over the lake outside Disney and at Villages Nature so we’ll be spoilt for choice. Has anyone been at this time of year and what do you recommend?

Thank You!
Geordieprincess is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Jun 19, 08:53 AM  
Link to this Post
Lisa_Lollipop
Imagineer

We had 4 nights in Villages Nature Paris last month and absolutely loved it! We had originally planned to just stay onsite for the whole trip but last minute decided to do one day over at DLP (it would seem crazy not to when so close!). We were amazed just how close it is, a quick 5 minute drive and we were there!

Any questions then feel free to ask (sadly I am not sure about what they offer up at Christmas but I imagine it is wonderful there at that tie of year!)

P.s so sorry to hear of your loss, hope you are all holding up ok
Lisa_Lollipop is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Jun 19, 09:05 AM  
Link to this Post
Geordieprincess
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by Lisa_Lollipop View Post
We had 4 nights in Villages Nature Paris last month and absolutely loved it! We had originally planned to just stay onsite for the whole trip but last minute decided to do one day over at DLP (it would seem crazy not to when so close!). We were amazed just how close it is, a quick 5 minute drive and we were there!

Any questions then feel free to ask (sadly I am not sure about what they offer up at Christmas but I imagine it is wonderful there at that tie of year!)

P.s so sorry to hear of your loss, hope you are all holding up ok
Thanks for the reply. I saw your little DLP trippie. Did you do much at Villages nature other than use the pool? I guess you drove so didn’t use DLP shuttle bus?
Geordieprincess is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Jun 19, 09:15 AM  
Link to this Post
Lisa_Lollipop
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Geordieprincess View Post
Thanks for the reply. I saw your little DLP trippie. Did you do much at Villages nature other than use the pool? I guess you drove so didn’t use DLP shuttle bus?
The pool there is amazing, you could easily spend a day in there! We also loved the indoor play area and the farm... we didn't even get around to seeing the parks as we ran out of time! The whole area is so peaceful and tranquil, we loved just wandering around and taking it all in. Even in winter I am sure it will be just as beautiful, just wrap up warm!

We had a lovely dinner in Vapiano so definitely recommend eating there. The pastries from the patisserie are delicious too! The on-site supermarket is great as well, has anything you could possibly need!

We drove so didn't use the shuttle bus, but the bus stop was always busy so seemed a popular way to travel!
Lisa_Lollipop is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List