Notices
Walt Disney World and Florida Trip Reports Trip Reports and Videos

Old 26 Jan 18, 12:22 PM  
Link to this Post
Sam_Smith
slightly serious Dibber

02.10.2017 Hollywood Studios with an Italian

The usual breakfast in the Food Court and we were on the bus to DHS and grabbing our first Photopass of the day here

Looks quite overcast in the photos today but it didn't feel it at the time. It was very hot already and the humidity was almost too much.

Our first FP was for Star Tours at 9:10 so we made our way up Hollywood Boulevard towards the Great Movie Ride, which had just closed for good.

and left towards Star Tours. We watched some Jedi training before we entered the ride

Oh when will I ever learn. This one always has made me feel queasy, and it's never gonna be any different, but I had to go on didn't I!

I spent the whole experience staring at the floor in a pathetic attempt to stop breakfast resurfacing. I was mostly successful, but I had to head straight for the water fountain on the way out for a gulp of cold water and a sneaky splash on my face. The CM asked me if I was OK, and immediately wished he hadn't, as I replied "fine thank you - I was just a bit sick in my mouth!"

Why Oh Why did I say that?!

Then followed the usual hat shenanigans in the shop on the way out

but nothing actually purchased.

The next FP was ToT at 10:30 so we made our way back towards Sunset Boulevard only for our way to be blocked by these nutters!

The crowd followed them to the centre stage so we slipped around the back towards ToT

DH declined this one even though I had booked him a FP just in case. I knew he wouldn't go on it though as I have had to do it on my own for the last 2 visits. He's never forgiven me for telling him it was tame!

We then moved onto Rock n Roller Coaster and DH and myself decided we would sit this one out.

What on earth DH is doing in this one I will never know

DS and DIL loved it though!

Our ADR at Mama Melrose wasn't until 14:40 so we then had time to chill out a bit and watch Beauty and the Beast, which always makes me cry. It was lovely to glance along the seats and catch a sneaky peek of DIL grinning from ear to ear as she watched it

There were no FP's left for TSM so we wandered round that way to check out the queue time. 70 minutes was way beyond our limits, so we carried on wandering in the heat which had become really oppressive. Frozen Sing Along was starting soon so we all went in. It's cute, but not as good as I remember. There was more narrative than show this time, and it was a bit boring. Shame really, but still a comfy seat

Carrying on round we went into Indiana Jones, which feels really dated to me and DH now, but the others enjoyed it. DS has not seen it since 2006, so he still enjoyed it.

We tried our luck seeing if we could eat sooner than our ADR time, but the place was packed out so we went into Muppets 3D for a welcome sit down in the cool.

Our ADR couldn't come soon enough as we were all hot, hungry and very tired by now, and as always this meal did not disappoint

If you book the Fantasmic package on the DDP you get a starter included in here, so along with beers, strawberry lemonade and OJ

we had lovely warm bread with a balsamic dip and calamari for DS

Margherita Flatbread for DH, and a whole pizza turned up!

Ceasar salad for me and DIL

For mains DS ordered the steak with macaroni cheese

DH has spaghetti and meatballs

DIL had Oven-baked Chicken alla Parmigiana

and I had Seafood Cioppino

Too full for the dessert sampler we took them out with us for later. Feeling particularly exhausted now, we slowly made our way back to POFQ for a rest. We still had Fantasmic to see later, and I knew DIL would love it, so we didn't want to miss it.

Back in the park for 7:30 I realised I had left our Fantasmic Dining Package priority seating tickets back in the room. but it wasn't an issue. Just a quick visit to guest relations just inside the park, and we were set to go.

The place was packed for the show

I won't bore you with rubbish photos, as this is the only decent one I got, but DIL absolutely loved the show and still talks about it today!

Back in our rooms and crashed again

Edited at 12:26 PM.
Sam_Smith is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Jan 18, 09:37 AM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 43
Lovely day at HS. We've enjoyed our meal at Mama Melrose, getting the fantasmic package is a great perk.

Link to all my completed trip reports
2017: NYC and Orlando. Salzburg. Boston.
2018: Orlando. Berlin.
2019: DLP. Orlando. Washington DC.
2020: DLP.
2021: Jamaica. Rome.
2022: Orlando.
2023: Orlando. Niagara and Toronto.
Goldia is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Apr 18, 12:10 PM  
Link to this Post
collybird
Imagineer

I love your top for today.

I am drooling over lunch, Mama Melrose is one of my favourites and we haven’t been in a few years.
collybird is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Apr 18, 05:41 PM  
Link to this Post
Waltdisnae
Getting Excited

Mobile

Great trip report - thanks for the info about Star tours!

It's so nice to hear how much you are enjoying seeing your DIL's reaction. Looking forward to reading more.
Waltdisnae is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Apr 18, 06:08 PM  
Link to this Post
Mexy02
VIP Dibber

Mexy02's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
I love mama Melrose but it gets a hard time on here sometimes . Fab day .
Yacht club / Bahama bay oct/Nov 2019 , poly
Nov 2022 boulder ridge, Polynesian , AOA and Bahama bay
Sept 24 POFQ
Mexy02 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Apr 18, 07:38 PM  
Link to this Post
Sam_Smith
slightly serious Dibber

Originally Posted by collybird View Post
I love your top for today.

I am drooling over lunch, Mama Melrose is one of my favourites and we haven’t been in a few years.
Thanks! Matalan. I like it because it hides a multitude of wobbly bits 🤣
Old 11 Apr 18, 07:40 PM  
Link to this Post
Sam_Smith
slightly serious Dibber

Originally Posted by Mexy02 View Post
I love mama Melrose but it gets a hard time on here sometimes . Fab day .
I know, but I have never had a bad meal there. Mama Melrose and Yak and Yeti are my favourites! 😍
Old 11 Apr 18, 10:56 PM  
Link to this Post
mouselover22
Imagineer

I can't ride Star Tours either, I can do other simulator rides in Universal but not this one :non ono:

The Fantasmic dining packages are definitely worth the good seats