Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 31 Oct 16, 09:33 AM  
Link to this Post
Kat11
VIP Dibber

Mobile

I'm so sad to hear that your daughters recovery is slow. It sounds like three steps forward and two steps back? But hopefully she will carry on moving forward and making progress a little at a time? I think if Collage is such a problem for her anxiety levels then maybe you all should consider dropping it to focus on her health? It's a difficult one as you would hope something other than her health like college would be useful in some way? But other teenagers around her might not be good at this time?

I hope you all get some more movement forward soon. I have two daughters 12 and 14 and can just hope to god that they aren't afflicted with such a torturous disease.

Take care

Kat x
WDW: Onsite: HRH/POFQ - October 2019
WDW: Partner Hotel: Hilton LBV @ DS & RPR - April 2022
DLC: LA - San Fran inc: DLC & Universal - Aug/Sept 2023
Kat11 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Oct 16, 11:08 AM  
Link to this Post
dismamx2
VIP Dibber

I'm sorry to hear there hasn't been a lot of progress with your daughter's health but happy to hear she is home more. Hard decisions to make about college.

Thanks for updating!
dismamx2 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Oct 16, 11:57 AM  
Link to this Post
daytonababe
Imagineer

daytonababe's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
I often think of you and your DD.

On the positive she is spending more nights at home so that's good and I'm glad she had a good birthday .

Re college there is no reason she couldn't drop it , my DD is the same age and at college and several of her schools friends have dropped out and they don't have any medical issues . Most don't do anything either . Her best friend hasn't been to college or worked since they left school all that happened was her parents can't any longer claim family allowance or tax credits for her .

If it's stressing her out that much for now then I'd let her leave one day she might feel strong enough to go back if that's what she wants .
daytonababe is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Oct 16, 12:04 PM  
Link to this Post
PumpkinCupcake
Apprentice Imagineer

I had some experience with this with my sister 2 years ago when she was the same age. I think you're very lucky that your daughter has realised herself that she needs to put on weight and has managed to stabilize her weight and been good with her eating plan. I'm from NI so I think it's slightly different over here, but she ended up being in the childrens hospital for almost 3 months so they could watch her and make sure she was eating all her meals every day and her snacks. It really depends on what she feels herself, but if she is worried about school and it's too much for her I would hope they would understand and be able to come to an agreement with her. My sister had her friends bring some work up for her, and managed to catch up on her work and her exams and has just started university last month. It's a long process, and unfortunately it never really goes away! I hope that she does let you in eventually on what it is that's affecting her and what's going on inside her head. I really feel for you because it's a horrible thing to go through!

Edited at 12:06 PM.
PumpkinCupcake is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Oct 16, 01:13 PM  
Link to this Post
Megandllsmum
Imagineer

Megandllsmum's Reviews
Mobile

Although I don't comment on your posts I've always followed them. sorry things seem a bit slow at the minute but as others have commented before me progress is there and it's lovely to read she is able to spend more time at home.
I'm sat in a waiting room as I type this waiting for my little girl to finish a CAMHS therapy play session ... we have finally been given a listening ear concerning her anxiety... it's such an upsetting thing that I don't think a lot of people understand, it's lovely to read how proudly you speak of your daughter on here and share her life hurdles and progress she's making. It's also lovely to see how supportive others are on here for you and your family.
I wish you and yours the very best and really hope your next update is encouraging again
Megandllsmum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Oct 16, 02:36 PM  
Link to this Post
buryboy
Imagineer

Thanks for all your thoughts.

Infinity/ universal - always good to hear positive outcomes , it is so easy to think that things will never change

Louise - glad you liked my storybook, I put the link in so I could easily look back on happy times, at the moment it just makes me all emotional , but hopefully that will change

Re college, she has already deferred from last year - she did the first term at college then tried to do a bit from home the start of term 2. She is now trying to go one day a week to get her back into it, with the aim of going back full time after Xmas to do the stuff she didn't do last time, but she is finding even one day really hard. She has compromised today and done one of her 2 lessons, she doesn't want to drop out , but really not sure she will be ready by new year that go full time, so do wonder if there is any benefit trying so hard now. We were hoping that it would be just a gentle re-introduction but it isn't proving that way .
The difficulty is that without being pushed she won't make any progress in her general recovery, but push too hard and she rebels.

Train crashing - thanks for your story , my DD has already been in hospital 7 and a half months ,

Megandllsmum - I wish you all the best with your DD treatment
Our MOST ANNOYING trip to Tenerife February 2018 ( an homage to infamous dibb threads

Edited at 02:38 PM.
buryboy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Oct 16, 05:16 PM  
Link to this Post
MrsBC
VIP Dibber

MrsBC's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 11
Restaurant Reviews: 50

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 10
Guidebook Reviews: 1
Bless you all, I hope that 'lightbulb moment' comes soon x
DCL Magic, DCL Wish
BOOKED - Beach Club Villas Sept '24, Disney Treasure & POR Sept '25
TRIP REPORT INDEX
www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=835984
MrsBC is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Oct 16, 06:09 PM  
Link to this Post
Megandllsmum
Imagineer

Megandllsmum's Reviews
Mobile

Thanks buryboy... it went well today I think 👍
Megandllsmum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Nov 16, 04:09 PM  
Link to this Post

I used to work with an ED support group. Please make sure you, your DW and DS are getting plenty of support/space to express yourselves. No matter how much you give, it won't be enough in this situation so don't let your own cups run empty. You are in an incredibly difficult position and your DD is so lucky to have such a loving, present family. Best wishes.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Nov 16, 06:55 PM  
Link to this Post
buryboy
Imagineer

Megandllsmum - that's good to hear . The earlier caught the better. CAMHS have a pretty poor reputation - obviously you need to make your own mind up - but don't be afraid of mithering them to do their job.

DaddyO - Thanks for your kind words. We are getting family therapy from the unit but I'm not sure that can really help you manage things better when your DD is threatening to kill herself and when, as you say,whatever we give , it wont be enough as she has to work this out herself . We are finding it incredibly difficult to cope with which I am sure you will empathise with.
Our MOST ANNOYING trip to Tenerife February 2018 ( an homage to infamous dibb threads
buryboy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List