Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 24 Aug 19, 04:01 AM  
Link to this Post
sarmori
Gone all Goofy

sarmori's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 3
From Pacific to Atlantic - August 2019: Day 12 (Hollywood Studios)

Off to Hollywood Studios this morning. We skipped breakfast and decided to get a snack in the park. We texted my mum again to see if DS GCSE results were through yet but still nothing.

Our first FastPass was for Toy Story Mania. I actually came second with 128,500 points and was very pleased with myself. This ride is a lot of fun but my arm always aches afterwards from pulling the trigger cord 20 times a second the whole way round as my tactic is to go for quantity and assume some will hit the right things on the screen!

This is our first visit to Toy Story land in the US although we have been to the one in Paris. The theming in both is excellent. The queue for Slinky Dog dash was crazy and it wasn't actually running when we went past.

Green army men marching.

Queue for Toy Story Mania.

We went to the old Pixar place which is now the Incredibles area. Very healthy breakfast - one pretzel, one key lime pie on a stick and two jack-jack cookie num-nums.

Then it was time for the Tower of Terror. The standby queue was around 90 mins for this as they only have one side open at the moment meaning the capacity is halved. I always feel quite nervous before this ride and then shaky afterwards, but I still enjoy it - honestly! DH didn't go on it with us as he was still feeling a bit out of sorts.

We had a FastPass for Rock n Roller Coaster - again just me, DS and DD. I told the kids that I wasn't going to scream on this ride - as you can see from the picture I am just yawning!

We headed out of Hollywood Studios - DD and I got the boat and DS and DH walked, they got back ages before us. We had lunch at the Boardwalk Bakery - ham and Swiss cheese with tomato soup which was delicious, then some sweet things for afters.

DD favourite chocolate Mickey brownie!

We chilled out in the room for the rest of the day. Descendants 3 was on the TV (it's not available in the UK yet) and DD really wanted to watch it so we had a night in watching TV, reading and playing games. We went down to the bakery again for food later in the evening. DH and I shared a chicken salad and a crumb cake, DS had a brownie and we bought DD a chocolate croissant back to the room. We are hoping to do a water park tomorrow if the weather is kind to us!

sarmori is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List