Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 1 Aug 20, 05:05 PM  
Link to this Post
SuziQz
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by NewtoOrlando View Post
We need to be back for GCSE results too. I’ve booked 18th-22nd, aiming fo fly home on 23rd or 24th depending on where we fly from! We cancelled August 2020 too!
We’ve abandoned getting back for GCSE day, looks like it may be earlier than I expected. Just booked 9 nights club level 16th - 25th Aug 2022 which was our plan for this year. Excited to start planning again
2019 DCL - Northern Europe
2020 YC/HRH - delayed to 2022
2021 DCL - 4 night Staycation
2022 YC/HRH v2!, 2023 DCL - Alaska
2024 DCL - Spain
SuziQz is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Aug 20, 09:25 AM  
Link to this Post
Moz
Imagineer

Moz's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Another one here for 2020... obviously this year is out - so we are thinking to not go next year and have a bumper one in 2020

Both DW and I will be hitting the 5-0 in 2020... and, I think, Disney may still be celebrating being 50 in June / July 2020 as well..?

DW and I are exactly 4 weeks apart in birthdays so looking to have both of our birthdays over there... so a 30 day holiday it looks like...!
That's what we are looking to plan anyway... kids have already worked out a countdown of 682 days, even though we only started discussing it at the weekend...!
Moz is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Aug 20, 12:57 PM  
Link to this Post
beautybutterfly
Imagineer

beautybutterfly's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 3
I'm having to wait until we get confirmation of any changes to school holidays for 2022 before I book anything but we'll be going easter hols... just torn between accommodation. I know I definitely want a couple of nights in a universal hotel though!
Westridge North May 2014 | DLP The Kyriad March 2015 | Southern Dunes May 2015 | New York and Toronto October 2015 | Highlands Reserve DIBB villa May 2016 | LA & Vegas October 2016 | New York December 2016 | The Keys & Orlando Lake Berkley Dibb Villa April 2017 | Las Vegas MGM Grand May 2018 | Wyndham Resort iDrive April 2022 | Rosen Inn LBV Aug 2022
beautybutterfly is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Aug 20, 06:46 PM  
Link to this Post
NewtoOrlando
VIP Dibber

NewtoOrlando's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by SuziQz View Post
We’ve abandoned getting back for GCSE day, looks like it may be earlier than I expected. Just booked 9 nights club level 16th - 25th Aug 2022 which was our plan for this year. Excited to start planning again
DD doesn't want to be home for results day, she hates all the fuss with these things but i'm not sure what the schools stance on it is. Id much rather go later and come back at the start of September but I don't know if that is possible!

Miami/CBR/RPR/Bahama Bay Aug 16
Deerfield Beach/HRH/POFQ/Contemporary/Westridge - Aug 18
New York - Westin Grand Central - Nov 18
Disneyland Paris - Hotel Cheyenne - Dec 18
All Star Sport/POFQ/Aylesbury Villa/Deerfield Beach - Oct 19
Miami/Hard Rock hotel/Pop Century/Legacy Park Dibb Villa - Aug 2022

Saratoga Springs/Rosen Plaza - Dec 2024
NewtoOrlando is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Aug 20, 06:16 PM  
Link to this Post
Mickeyspals
VIP Dibber

We are looking at going in May 2022. Provisionally booked the villa and will wait to see what flights are available and what the situation is like then. Hopefully Corona will have eased by then. Hope so because I teally need something to look forward to

2010-Tuscan Hills Villa, Radisson International Drive
2012- Tuscan Hills Villa
2015-Tuscan Hills Villa,Lowes Royal Pacific
2016- Disney's All Star Movies Resort,Town House
Regal Palms Resort,Hard Rock Hotel
2017- La Quinta Suites, Central Park, New York
2017- Tuscan Hills Villa

2019-Highland Reserve Villa
2022-Ridgewood Lakes Villa
Mickeyspals is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Aug 20, 06:09 PM  
Link to this Post
MinneMouse93
Proud to wear my Ears

We originally booked for September this year but wanted to reschedule it as soon as offers would have been out ( due to personal reasons not corona) - then corona arrived and no offers were there :/ and now we are so unsure for september 21 that we will finally ( hopefully) go end march/beginning of April 2022 ( return just before easter) .. so sad that it is still soooo long to go... 2022 it will be 6 years til my last trip and it is my better half's 1st time in the States
MinneMouse93 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Aug 20, 07:53 AM  
Link to this Post
KBRB
slightly serious Dibber

We have made our mind up to wait now till early may 2022. Depending on offers we may well do 3 weeks, 1 week out and 2 weeks onsite.

Long time to wait.

EDIT

My countdown is so depressing
KBRB is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Aug 20, 10:09 AM  
Link to this Post
Danex
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

We’re hoping to go end of May/start of June.
It’s our 30th wedding anniversary at the start of June so we’d like to be there for that.

Hoping for 10 night at Beach or Yacht Club and 4 nights Polynesian pegged on the end to chill before we come home.

We’re also considering a budget trip for Easter 2021 staying at Pop if the flights are going by then 🤞🏻🤞🏻

We normally only go every few years so 2 trips in 2 years would be a real bonus for us 😀
Danex is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Aug 20, 08:59 PM  
Link to this Post
Ninja
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 142
Us (fingers crossed!)
I'm gutted though that we're postponing our 2021 holiday when I should have been celebrating my 50th year with MK to 2022
As there's no free dining (though there may not be for the time we want to go anyway but we can hope) you can't book anything after Sept 2021 & we like planning/saving well in advance and there's a chance that all the restrictions that are in place till end of Sept may still be in place after as this virus doesn't seem to be going anywhere ATM, also we don't know what holiday/flight companies will survive this, so although I'm sad I won't be celebrating my 50th in WDW with Mickey and friends & I'm hoping WDW carry on the celebrations into 2022 because of what's happening & yes I will still wear a 50th badge! We would rather wait another year and really enjoy our holiday than chance going next year and things spoil it!
Ninja is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Aug 20, 01:31 PM  
Link to this Post
JimmyCricket
Excited about Disney

I rebooked with Disney for next August from this however, we are now going to leave it until 2022 as chances are things will be back to normal and we may have free dining again.

Bit gutted but with all the uncertainty for next year I would rather make the decision now. Will use my BA deposit to book a week in Gran Canaria to have something to look forward to and that again can be rolled over.

I am presuming Disney will let me move my deposit over to the following year?

Thanks
JimmyCricket is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List