Notices

Old 22 Jul 19, 01:19 PM  
Link to this Post
princess allie
VIP Dibber

Kennedy is really worth a visit if you can get there. The space shuttle exhibit is fabulous and made me cry and I didn’t even want to go to Kennedy, but I am now a convert. The airport is about 4 hours away ( not sure if it will be much different from Kennedy) if you get there at opening you should have a good few hours there. I would normally recommend a full day, but I think you would see the best bits in the time you had there.

As an alternative, Sawgrass Mall just outside Miami is fabulous for some last minute shopping.

1998 Villa in Kissimmee 2009 Animal Kingdom Lodge 2011 Animal Kingdom Lodge 2014 Villa Lake Berkeley 2016 Villa Bass Lakes 2017 Villa on Solana and Vero Beach 2018 Villa on Highlands Reserve and St Pete Beach 2019 SLC, Cabana Bay, Highlands Reserve & Coronado Springs, 2020 Feb half term villa chilling. 2022 villa on Calabay Park and a trip Clearwater beach. 2023 Orlando and Clearwater
princess allie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jul 19, 01:56 PM  
Link to this Post
ziggyzag
Imagineer

Originally Posted by wizzo View Post
Advice Needed

In all the years we've gone to Florida we have never made it to Kennedy Space Center. With a late flight on the way home (11pm) do we a) Have enough time to go to KSC on our last day and do it justice and b) Any tips if we do go?

Thanks

Wizzo
We have never made it to Kennedy either but plan to go next May . It opens at 9 and closes at 6, so if you got there for opening I reckon you would see most of it. I would allow longer than 3 hours to get Miami airport, we did the Miami route last year and it took us over 4 hours to get back from Kissimee to Miami airport because of the traffic and weather.
ziggyzag is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jul 19, 02:05 PM  
Link to this Post
wizzo
Childish Halfwit

wizzo's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 2

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 1
Originally Posted by Clairestar86 View Post
Who have you booked your airboat trip with? We are trying to find the one for us but there are so many to choose from! Thanks!
Coopertown Airboats. Probably not the best but was a Groupon Bargain for a family ticket

Originally Posted by princess allie View Post
As an alternative, Sawgrass Mall just outside Miami is fabulous for some last minute shopping.
Shops! I'm out.

Originally Posted by ziggyzag View Post
We have never made it to Kennedy either but plan to go next May . It opens at 9 and closes at 6, so if you got there for opening I reckon you would see most of it. I would allow longer than 3 hours to get Miami airport, we did the Miami route last year and it took us over 4 hours to get back from Kissimee to Miami airport because of the traffic and weather.
We'll leave Kennedy about 4pm I'd think. We wont risk traffic, that will give us ample time to get to the airport.

2023 Trip Report - COMPLETE HERE

My old trip reports are all HERE

wizzo is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Jul 19, 07:47 AM  
Link to this Post
Pumba75
Imagineer

Pumba75's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 6
Restaurant Reviews: 23
DIBB Villa Reviews: 2
Looking forward to this!

M x
Pumba75 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Jul 19, 11:30 PM  
Link to this Post
mossyflossy
Imagineer

mossyflossy's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Can't wait to read along, and this time we will definitely say hello if we see you.

As to KSC, I'd leave about 4 hours before you want to be at the airport in Miami, as a POI it took us 3 and a half hours from Port Canaverel but that was at 8am in the morning, so after the rush hours.

Have a fabulous time!
mossyflossy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Jul 19, 01:35 AM  
Link to this Post
Jesslydevie1
Very Serious Dibber

Sounds awesome and a lot packed infor a beach holiday can’t wait !
Old 31 Jul 19, 08:40 PM  
Link to this Post
sheluk
Imagineer

Mobile

Yay another trippie! Can’t wait. Will be following along on IG as well
sheluk is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Jul 19, 08:49 PM  
Link to this Post
Buggles94
VIP Dibber

Buggles94's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 5
Will definitely be following along Looks like a great trip!
Buggles94 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Sep 19, 03:30 PM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Looking forward to following along once again

Joan
Old 22 Sep 19, 09:53 PM  
Link to this Post
tinks333
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

Good news, looking forward to reading it.
tinks333 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List