Notices

Old 2 Feb 20, 11:06 PM  
Link to this Post
jothp
Apprentice Imagineer

That's a great price for Universal tickets. It really sounds like your plans are coming together.
jothp is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Feb 20, 06:45 PM  
Link to this Post
Gabblemum
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Leyfy View Post
Sounds great, we really enjoyed Nassau. It was worth the walk to go and see the Queen's staircase, purely for a fab view over the harbour.

The beach at Miami is nice
Will bare that in mind when we are there. Heard some bad things about Nassau re safety, you obviously felt safe though. Can I also ask you how long does it take to get from Grand Pelican To Bokampers, just to give me an idea of scale
Orlando. 2013. Royal Pacific Resort & Villa
Orlando. 2015. Royal Pacific Resort, Animal Kingdon & Villa
Disneyland Paris 2016. Sequoia Lodge - Golden forest Room.

Gabblemum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Feb 20, 09:23 PM  
Link to this Post
3disneykids
Imagineer

Those Klook prices were fantastic...I was definitely tempted with universal but ended up with Seaworld tickets.. We are determined that next time there will be no Disney and only Universal as it always seems to be 'next time'. I have been watching Universal vlogs alongside Disney recently and I really feel like we are missing out so will definitely have to go as soon as we can
3disneykids is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Feb 20, 08:20 PM  
Link to this Post
Leyfy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Elsa42 View Post
Thats a good price for your universal tickets well done! I never mind moving hotels, I always think it feels like loads of mini holidays within your holiday.

Hopefully you find a good price for your car hire next month (fingers crosse)
Thanks - yeah, I don't mind moving too much as you get the benefits of staying in various places. Plus 9 nights at the Rosen Inn is a significant amount, probably the most we've stayed in one place for a long while

Originally Posted by jothp View Post
That's a great price for Universal tickets. It really sounds like your plans are coming together.
Yes, I was really pleased with the price we got

Originally Posted by Gabblemum View Post
Will bare that in mind when we are there. Heard some bad things about Nassau re safety, you obviously felt safe though. Can I also ask you how long does it take to get from Grand Pelican To Bokampers, just to give me an idea of scale
Yeah, we were quite cautious walking around but we went early in the morning and the Queen's Staircase is really close to the port. I wouldn't have fancied going any further on our own though.

Its about a ten minute walk from the Pelican Grande, straight down a main road and it's by a Walgreens - which we found handy to pop into as Phil got badly burnt so we needed supplies!

Originally Posted by 3disneykids View Post
Those Klook prices were fantastic...I was definitely tempted with universal but ended up with Seaworld tickets.. We are determined that next time there will be no Disney and only Universal as it always seems to be 'next time'. I have been watching Universal vlogs alongside Disney recently and I really feel like we are missing out so will definitely have to go as soon as we can
It has changed a lot since we've been, lots of new rides and stuff so I can't wait to go back!
Leyfy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Feb 20, 08:45 PM  
Link to this Post
Leyfy
Imagineer

Update 15/02/2020

So time for another little update!

Car Hire

So, after lots of back and forwards, working out best possible fits and deciding whether or not we wanted to keep the car until we got to the Beach Club. In the end we decided to keep the car for as little time possible. So we will be picking it up at a Hertz location in Fort Lauderdale and dropping back at Universal the morning before we go to Royal Pacific. I am arranging transfers for the last couple of bits of our trip. As I am the sole driver I do always breathe a little sigh of relief when the car is given back!

So that was £190 for 9 days hire, which I didn't think was too bad? We've not used Hertz before (only Alamo) so that'll be something new.

ADR Day

So we had our ADR day this week and I was planning on these three:

Monday - Narcoosees
Wednesday - Yachtsman Steakhouse
Friday - California Grill

However, California Grill isn't showing any avaliable times, so I've ended up with this randomness:

Monday - BOG lunch, Narcoosees (okay then...!)
Tuesday - Oga's Canteen (Phil will be desperate to go there and only realised you had to get an ADR when I was booking my other stuff)
Wednesday - Shula's Steakhouse. We will pay OOP for this
Friday - Yachtsman Steakhouse.

If I can get a California Grill reservation then I will change our plans, but we do love The Yachtsman
Leyfy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Feb 20, 09:40 PM  
Link to this Post
jothp
Apprentice Imagineer

I was having the same issues with California Grill but it is available if you phone for it.
jothp is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Feb 20, 07:16 PM  
Link to this Post
Elsa42
Apprentice Imagineer

Elsa42's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Wow thats a good car hire price! Some great ADR's a shame about cali grill but hopefully you can still get a reservation
Elsa42 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Mar 20, 09:53 AM  
Link to this Post
Leyfy
Imagineer

ADR update & itinerary

I got a California Grill reservation! Woo hoo!

I phoned up a couple of days after making our ADRs (after posting a thread on here) and got the Friday night at 6pm (wanted 7pm but that was the closest they had). I also cancelled our Yachtsman Steakhouse reservation and moved it back to the Thursday. So final ADRs are in place:

Monday - Lunch at Be Our Guest, dinner at Narcoossee's

Tuesday - Oga's Cantina for drinks at lunch time

Wednesday - Yachtsman Steakhouse for dinner

Friday - California Grill

I think I have our final park plans in place as well. I don't think we're going to do the water parks and just take full advantage of Volcano Bay the week before (and possibly Aquatica). The pool at The Beach Club is absolutely amazing, so we will definitely chill there for a few afternoons.

This is roughly what our plans look like:

Sunday 26th July - fly to Miami. Taxi to Fort Lauderdale and stay there until Wednesday

Wednesday 29th July - drive to Orlando and check in to the Rosen Inn at Pointe. Plans for Idrive include Kennedy Space Center, Busch Gardens, Discovery Cove, Volcano Bay, SeaWorld, shopping. Phil also wants to do that giant swing thing at Icon Park. That is a giant shiny nope from me!

Friday 7th August - check in to Royal Pacific at Universal for two nights there.

Sunday 9th August - one night at Disney Springs at Wyndham Garden (this was a missing night - thought we were checking out of Rosen Inn on the Friday!)

Monday 10th August - 5 nights at Disney's Beach Club.

Saturday 15th of August - drive back to Miami and fly home.
Old 8 Mar 20, 09:40 AM  
Link to this Post
Elsa42
Apprentice Imagineer

Elsa42's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
YAY glad you managed to get the Cali grill reservation!. Your plans are looking great! wont be long before your in single digits
Elsa42 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Mar 20, 10:54 AM  
Link to this Post
Sparksy72
VIP Dibber

Sparksy72's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
What great trip you have planned. We loved Ft Lauderdale, lots of great eateries/bars by the water. We visited Volcano Bay and Aquatica for the first time last year and I really liked them both. Volcano Bay had some interesting slides too! I love the look of the Beach Club, what a perfect way to end your trip. Ooh and your car hire price is really cheap, I think you got a bargain there!
Sparksy72 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List