Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 27 Jul 20, 08:59 PM  
Link to this Post
Belle21
First POST

We have our flights and villa booked for 2021..just keeping everything crossed that it all goes ahead!
Belle21 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Jul 20, 06:34 AM  
Link to this Post
Lucaroo
I want to go now!

Mobile

We hope to go in July 2021, just waiting for flights to be released.
Lucaroo is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Jul 20, 08:05 AM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDaft88
Getting Excited

DisneyDaft88's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
We have CBR and tickets booked for end of October 2021, just need to book flights once they are released.

I think of it this way... 6 months ago we were living a completely normal life and COVID was just something mentioned briefly in the news, we have almost done the full circle since then from Pandemic and now transitioning back to the new "normal".

We have 15 months until our trip and I reckon a vaccine will be out and parks will be back to pre-covid functioning

(trying to be positive!)
Universal Sapphire Falls February '22
CBR - October '23
DisneyDaft88 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Jul 20, 08:20 AM  
Link to this Post
natanddaz
Imagineer

Mobile

We are booked feb 2021 which i am begining to think may be just a little too early and i would be much more confident from may/June 2021onwards. Our flights are booked and paid in full but they have said we can move dates foc so im giving it till september and if things have not improved enough over there i will look to move to may or aug 2021. As a reference the trip we currently have booked is pretty cheap £1350 for direct economy flights with baggage and approx £1150 for 15 nights in the staybridge suites lake buena vista in a 2 bed 2 bath suite. So thats £2500 for 5 of us so as long as its safe and flights are going we would probably still go even if we decide against the parks.
natanddaz is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Jul 20, 08:24 AM  
Link to this Post

We've postponed this year's trip to August 2021, but with a view to minimising potential losses so we won't commit to anything other than flights (fully refundable) and villa hire (only potential loss is a couple of hundred pounds deposit payment). I'm happy to carry that risk and hope that things approach normality in summer 2021, as I don't want to wait until 2022.

In terms of travel and a relatively normal theme park experience I think we are waiting on the availability of a vaccine, in the US and perhaps the UK. I don't think social distancing observance in the US will be sufficient to drive down the infection to sustainably low levels to unlock international arrivals and allow fireworks crowds, for example, to be permitted. We're therefore looking for some kind of step-change in the situation, and I think that can only come from a vaccine. I think not even a change in political leadership at federal and state level will make much difference to the effectiveness of their social distancing. The USA's top medic, Anthony Fauci, continues to say there's a chance of a vaccine by the end of the year, perhaps as early as the autumn. If that's the case perhaps we're going to be looking at a different scenario by Spring of 2021.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Jul 20, 10:06 AM  
Link to this Post
phonic73
Stuck in the Tower of Terror

Hi,

We've rebooked from this April to next March/April (Easter), like a few others have said I think this still might be a bit too early.
phonic73 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Jul 20, 11:17 AM  
Link to this Post
Danex
slightly serious Dibber

We were originally meant to go for 2 weeks at the end of June which was obviously cancelled, and my original thoughts were no way I’ll be going back before 2022 at the earliest!

However I’ve been watching YouTube etc, and to be honest the socially distancing, especially in the queues looks amazing to me. I hope that stays no matter what as I always hated being so close to strangers when we were told to ‘fill in all available space’

Also I’ve realised we haven’t watched a parade in years 😂 the fireworks I would be disappointed not to see, but that wouldn’t be a deal breaker for me.

We had a Caribbean cruise booked for December, which we’ve moved to a Croatia cruise at Easter, but I’m getting less and less hopeful that that will go ahead so the past couple of days I’ve been doing a bit of research into maybe doing a quick Disney trip at Easter for about 9/10 days instead.

Who knows what everything will be like by then, I’m going to wait until the balance of my cruise has to be paid and see what the situation is then, which is very hard for me because I like to know about things and have plans in place rather than waiting and seeing. Not much choice at the minute though!
Danex is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Jul 20, 11:36 AM  
Link to this Post
Moorlandman
Imagineer

Moorlandman's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Danex View Post
However I’ve been watching YouTube etc, and to be honest the socially distancing, especially in the queues looks amazing to me. I hope that stays no matter what as I always hated being so close to strangers when we were told to ‘fill in all available space’
Its ok at the moment because next to nobody is at the parks. When attendance is back at normal levels the queues for rides would start outside of the parks if you have to keep 1-2m distance
Moorlandman is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Jul 20, 11:42 AM  
Link to this Post
Danex
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by Moorlandman View Post
Its ok at the moment because next to nobody is at the parks. When attendance is back at normal levels the queues for rides would start outside of the parks if you have to keep 1-2m distance
That’s very true, I’m sure it won’t stay like that.

I just wish it would haha 😂
Danex is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Jul 20, 02:34 PM  
Link to this Post
tunnie12345
Proud to wear my Ears

Mobile

We had booked for next may.. However after looking on tui this morning, we have decided to move it to September.. I still think may will be OK, however I'm much more confident that September would be at near normal function
tunnie12345 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List