Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 21 Jul 20, 10:54 AM  
Link to this Post
OutbackAddict
Imagineer

I've given Netflights the benefit of the doubt till now, not any more,

So have been thinking our week long California trip for October is a bit of a non starter even if the current situation changes by then, just so many of the things we planned to do will not be possible.

Logged into VA about a month ago to find our outbound flights had been amalgamated into the later flight so different flight number and 4/5 hours later departure, which at over 3 hours difference i believe gives me the right to cancel at no cost to me. Contacted Netflights via website to be told it will take up to 28 days for them to respond, 28 days was up last sunday still no contact, so checked their website to see existing bookings can call between 9am and 12pm Monday to Friday so started calling at 9am and for the next hour constantly got the message we are closed please call back between 9 and 12 (I thought i was !) Tried after ten to get the message we are open between 10am and 3pm (not what your website and earlier message said !) wait times are over an hour and if your booking is not in the next two weeks hang up and use the contact form on our website (i did over a month ago and you haven't responded to that either !)

Next i thought i would try the whatsapp they recommend, tried that generic replies telling me to call (err tried that didn't work !)

So basically misleading information and going round in circles to get nowhere fast, I understand a lot of businesses have particular problems at the moment but there is no excuse for Crap service like this, never again will i use or recommend them

Paul

Edited at 02:33 PM.
OutbackAddict is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jul 20, 11:02 AM  
Link to this Post
MickeyYay
Imagineer

We have had similar experience to you. We have used netflights so many times in the past without problem but never had to contact them with a problem. Until obviously now.
They gave us the runaround and the communication has been non existent. They didn’t even notify us that our flight had been cancelled.

We have ended up submitting a chargeback. However, still waiting to see if they ‘challenge’ this.

I will never use them again.
MickeyYay is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jul 20, 11:04 AM  
Link to this Post
Sandra & co
Imagineer

Sandra & co's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
How do you do a chargeback?, I would never use them again. They are fine until something challenging happens then they are 💩
Old 21 Jul 20, 11:09 AM  
Link to this Post
Shooby doo
Imagineer

Shooby doo's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 12

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Reviews: 1
Paul not going to be what you want to hear but Virgin takes 12hrs to be classed as a major change, unless Post C19 they have changed, also the majority of them have in the "very" small print - "The flight times shown in our timetables may change between the date of publication and the date you actually travel. We do not guarantee these flight times to you and they do not form part of your contract of carriage with us."
That aside the only company since "all this kicked off" that have been on the ball (for me) was Hotel.com but even then I had to wait until 7 days before travel, EJ I have had to chase up on 2 bookings & multiple times, Disney left everyone hanging. NF have been good, for us,in that they quickly solved an issue with a TC booking, that every time I called I got a different answer.
Hope you get it sorted
SD
Raddison Inn LBV '92,Comfort Inn LBV '94,Residence by Marriott LBV '98,Comfort Inn Kids Suite LBV '99Springhill Suites LBV '01,Summerfield suites LBV '03 ,Holiday Inn Sunnspree LBV '04 ,Staybridge Suites LBV '06 ,Caribbean Beach WDW '08 DVC= WLV +SSR '12,SSR '14,SSR +US Royal Pacific '15 SSR '16 AKL/SSR '18 WL/SSR'19 SSR '22
DVC Owner Extraordinare-SSR
Shooby doo is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jul 20, 11:22 AM  
Link to this Post
OutbackAddict
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Shooby doo View Post
Paul not going to be what you want to hear but Virgin takes 12hrs to be classed as a major change, unless Post C19 they have changed, also the majority of them have in the "very" small print - "The flight times shown in our timetables may change between the date of publication and the date you actually travel. We do not guarantee these flight times to you and they do not form part of your contract of carriage with us."
That aside the only company since "all this kicked off" that have been on the ball (for me) was Hotel.com but even then I had to wait until 7 days before travel, EJ I have had to chase up on 2 bookings & multiple times, Disney left everyone hanging. NF have been good, for us,in that they quickly solved an issue with a TC booking, that every time I called I got a different answer.
Hope you get it sorted
SD
Unless I have got it wrong I took my information from here

21.2 If we change our schedule before you fly

(a) If, after issuing your Ticket, we change the scheduled departure time, we will notify you if you have given us or our Authorised Agents your contact information. You should check our website before you fly for the most up-to-date flight information.

(b) We will give you the choice of a refund, or to be booked onto another one of our flights, if the new scheduled departure time is:

i) more than three (3) hours from the previous departure time; or

ii) is less than three hours from the previous departure time but you provide proof (upon request) that the change will cause you to miss a connecting flight or cruise and you had allowed the minimum time to make the connection prescribed by the relevant airport or cruise provider.”

Paul
OutbackAddict is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jul 20, 12:49 PM  
Link to this Post
MickeyYay
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Sandra & co View Post
How do you do a chargeback?, I would never use them again. They are fine until something challenging happens then they are 💩
Contact your bank and explain you have not received a refund for services you didn’t receive and want to do a chargeback/section 75. (They normally attempt a chargeback first). Depending on your bank they will either ask you a few questions on the phone (date of transaction etc). Or send you a form to fill out which some ask for invoice of original booking.
They then normally put the money back in your bank fairly quickly but best not to ‘use’ it yet. The consumer gets 45 days to ‘dispute it’. If they dispute it then the money gets pulled back out again. If it isn’t disputed after 45 days then you can assume that you have received the refund.

We are about half way through the 45 days and haven’t had it disputed yet.

Hope that helps!
MickeyYay is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jul 20, 01:13 PM  
Link to this Post
darsch1982
Imagineer

Mobile

(a) The departure and flight times shown in our timetables may change between the date of booking and your date of travel. We do not guarantee a particular departure and flight time and they do not form part of your contract with us.

(b) Before we accept your booking, we will tell you the scheduled departure time and it will be shown on your Ticket.

(a) If, after issuing your Ticket, we change the scheduled departure time, we will notify you if you have given us or our Authorised Agents your contact information. You should check our website before you fly for the most up-to-date flight information.

(b) We will give you the choice of a refund, or to be booked onto another one of our flights, if the new scheduled departure time is:

ii) is less than three hours from the previous departure time but you provide proof (upon request) that the change will cause you to miss a connecting flight or cruise and you had allowed the minimum time to make the connection prescribed by the relevant airport or cruise provider.”

So actually reading it they are saying that there have been change but if it 3h more or less they will only offer you a refund if you would miss a connection flights or you can prove that it's going to affect so not major change they have the right consolidation of flights it's also somewhere in there sorry if its not what you want to hear. Until virgin cancel the flight or move you 12 h or more then you aren't entitled to a refund maybe wait it out
darsch1982 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jul 20, 01:50 PM  
Link to this Post
NickPytlinski
Proud to wear my Ears

yeah, found a similar experience.
all we want to do is have a 10 min convo to change flights to a later date.
not to cancel and not to refund.

it seems every business has gone back to work apart from netflights in the uk.
Old 21 Jul 20, 11:30 PM  
Link to this Post
OutbackAddict
Imagineer

Originally Posted by darsch1982 View Post
(a) The departure and flight times shown in our timetables may change between the date of booking and your date of travel. We do not guarantee a particular departure and flight time and they do not form part of your contract with us.

(b) Before we accept your booking, we will tell you the scheduled departure time and it will be shown on your Ticket.

So actually reading it they are saying that there have been change but if it 3h more or less they will only offer you a refund if you would miss a connection flights or you can prove that it's going to affect so not major change they have the right consolidation of flights it's also somewhere in there sorry if its not what you want to hear. Until virgin cancel the flight or move you 12 h or more then you aren't entitled to a refund maybe wait it out
i don't read it that way to me it says either point i or point ii applies

i.e. You only need to provide proof of a missed connection if the change is less than 3 hours, (point ii) more than 3 hours and you automatically get the choice of a refund or to be booked onto another flight (point i)

my change is more than 3 hours so point i applies so i should be entitled to a refund unless i have missed something

i would also argue that as my flight number has changed technically the flight i booked has been cancelled, even though i noticed this in manage my booking over a month ago and i've yet to be notified by either virgin or netflights of the change

Paul
Old 22 Jul 20, 07:27 AM  
Link to this Post
Mickey2014
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

Have they reissued you the ticket or emailed at all with the details.

What happens if my flight times change?
If an airline advises Netflights.com of a schedule change on your bookings we will notify you of changes over 1 hour. Depending on your chosen method of communication this will be either by e-mail or post.

For changes under 4 hours we will send you a new invoice showing the new flight details and will automatically arrange for the ticket to be re-issued.

For changes of 4-8 hours we will send you a new invoice showing the new flight details and will request that you contact us within 14 days if you require further assistance with regards to the schedule change. If we do not hear from you within 14 days we will consider this as an acceptance and re-issue your e-ticket. Once the ticket has been re-issued any further changes will be classed as an amendment and charges will apply.

For changes over 8 hours we will send you a new invoice showing the new flight details and will require you to contact us to discuss your requirement in further details. We will not re-issue the ticket until you have instructed us to do so.
Mickey2014 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List