Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 26 Jul 20, 10:21 AM  
Link to this Post
charleigh08
Very Serious Dibber

Sept next year the experience

Hi Guys,

We were going Sept this year as we always did but hadn’t booked when all this lockdown kicked off. I have accepted that I won’t be going this year and I don’t want to just would not feel safe for me, buts that just my opinion.

For a few years now I have been planning to treat my whole family there are 12 of us six young grandchildren was planning to take out 25% of my pension, we have all talked about it for ages, kids are so exciting and some of them may not go again, or if they did not for a very long time. We are planning to go late Aug early Sept 2021.

My question is and I know it’s hard to say, I am wondering what the experience will be like next year, I am worried that it won’t be a full Disney experience , no parades, no fireworks, no character dining, no photos with characters that’s what makes the experience so magical for the children and for us parents/grandparents watching their little faces, we have all discussed we can live with wearing masks in the heat we don’t mind having our temps checked on entry and all other hygiene measures, but not be able to experience that Disney magic for a 1st could be once in a lifetime for some would it be worth it, would you still want to go, really interested to know people’s thoughts on this. Or do we think I’m worrying about nothing and restrictions will be lifted by then and back to normal... I just want my family to experience that first Disney magical time just like I did on my first ever trip to Disney

Edited at 10:24 AM.
charleigh08 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jul 20, 10:37 AM  
Link to this Post
ClaireNJ
Imagineer

Aww, who knows 🤷I feel your pain as we are meant to be taking our DGS for the first time too, It would’ve been all booked now for end of April 21 before he starts school in the September, I really don’t want to wear masks in the heat & wanted him to have breakfast with Mickey, although he won’t know any difference 😉
My DIL says yes do it but my son says no.
I think I’ll wait a few months to see, he would’ve been the perfect age 4, he has a savings tin & he says it’s for Mickey Mouse 💕💰💰

September is the time we usually visit & we love it
You maybe need to sit down with all the family & discuss, we would book BA package so then hopefully would only lose deposit if it all went wrong 😷

I would need to sort the insurance first & I would definitely not tell my Grandson we are going till we were on that plane
Good luck xx
ClaireNJ is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jul 20, 10:38 AM  
Link to this Post
Moorlandman
Imagineer

Moorlandman's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Mobile

Probably a bit early to say at the moment.

At the moment, WDW are expecting these restrictions to be in place until at least September 2021 so I am holding off booking for next year at the moment.
Moorlandman is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jul 20, 10:48 AM  
Link to this Post
400ixl
Imagineer

Mobile

Far too early to say. Until we know if we will have an effective vaccine then things will likely stay the same.

Wouldn't even consider booking a new holiday which is so highly dependent on park experience until into next year when more is known on the vaccine.
400ixl is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jul 20, 12:16 PM  
Link to this Post
Tweety1
Imagineer

If it’s the first then no I wouldn’t risk it. I am cinsidering next year but in reality it’s 2022. I don’t want to wear masks and I do want to hug Mickey Mouuse(plus I’m hoping for free dining but not sure if that’s now a thing of the past). One things for sure they will want to recoup costs...
Old 26 Jul 20, 12:51 PM  
Link to this Post
Softy
Imagineer

Mobile

For such a one off, amazing trip as that will be for your family, I would definitely wait to see if things change before booking anything.
I wouldn’t want to do that trip with anything but the full experience, which no one knows when that will start again.
Softy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jul 20, 09:48 PM  
Link to this Post
Duwsh
Helping Minnie

I've had my trip rebooked for the middle of September 2021 because it's the longest I could wait, but for a once in a lifetime trip might be a bit risky.

I'm really hoping by that point most of this has calmed down but the way things are at the moment who knows, only seems to be getting worse. I'll be going early 2022 so for me it's not a huge deal. I've been reading a lot of experiences by people going ATM and most have such positive experiences but by that point there's most likely going to be a LOT more people in the parks so could be totally different.
March 21 - DLP
September 21 - WDW
Duwsh is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jul 20, 09:53 PM  
Link to this Post
keely21
Very Serious Dibber

I'm booked for September 2021 too and it will be my little girls first visit but my other childrens second visit. I'm hoping things will be better by then but who knows. Things can change very quickly. I would like the parades in place ideally, not really fussed about the fireworks but some meet and greets without a mask would be nice. The maks are putting me off a bit as I'd imagine it wouldnt be a pleasant experience wearing them all day in the hear especially for small children but it wouldnt stop me going. Just gotta keep everything crossed I guess that florida gets a grip of things soon and a vaccine becomes available.
Old 27 Jul 20, 07:40 AM  
Link to this Post

Nobody knows what life will be like in September next year and that includes the Disney experience. For such a big and hopefully memorable trip, I would hold off booking it until things start to get back to normal.

At this point in time, I have a couple of nonWDW trips booked for next year but I am starting to think we won’t go on holiday again until 2022. I definitely am not thinking of WDW before then, I am not that bothered about parades, fireworks or character meets, but I do care about park hopping, fastpasses and general onsite perks.

Edited at 07:42 AM.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Jul 20, 08:15 PM  
Link to this Post
Mrs sun
Imagineer

we have just cancelled our 7 th trip and are not going next year as we think it may be very very busy it is Disney’s 50th anniversary which will be very very busy also the impact from this year.
Another year means more money for grandma and grandad to spend and also lots more time to wind those grandchildren up🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣
Mrs sun is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List