Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 29 Jul 20, 04:41 PM  
Link to this Post
stanleycamel
VIP Dibber

stanleycamel's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Pupbelly View Post
We have just received an email cancelling our November inbound flight from MCO to Gatwick yet out outbound flight is still scheduled. How does that work?
Hope this makes sense.

BA had only cancelled the later flight from LGW to MCO (BA2039) the BA 2037 is still operating - so if you are booked on the former it will still be showing as "live". If you were booked on the later flight for your return then that will be cancelled.

As I don't know your dates please note that BA are now sending out emails advising that from 25th October for the winter season they are moving from LGW to LHR.

For the situation in your post you will be entitled to a full refund but bear in mind with the latest announcement the telephone lines will be very busy.
stanleycamel is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Jul 20, 04:49 PM  
Link to this Post
Pupbelly
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by stanleycamel View Post
Hope this makes sense.

BA had only cancelled the later flight from LGW to MCO (BA2039) the BA 2037 is still operating - so if you are booked on the former it will still be showing as "live". If you were booked on the later flight for your return then that will be cancelled.

As I don't know your dates please note that BA are now sending out emails advising that from 25th October for the winter season they are moving from LGW to LHR.

For the situation in your post you will be entitled to a full refund but bear in mind with the latest announcement the telephone lines will be very busy.

These are our flights:
Outbound flight 7th Nov 11:40 BA2037
Inbound flight 17th Nov 18:25 BA2036

So we can fly out but not get back?

Edited at 04:51 PM.
Pupbelly is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Jul 20, 05:36 PM  
Link to this Post
meegraine
Serious Dibber

meegraine's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 3
You can call to get a full refund OR they can also issue refunds via their Twitter

Next Trip: Canary Islands June, 2023
meegraine is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Jul 20, 06:53 PM  
Link to this Post
bighal
Imagineer

BA will be operating LHR-MCO for the W20 and S21 seasons, currently BA0205 will be the flight number and is the same time as the later LGW-MCO (BA2039) flight. Also the return, BA0204, is the same time as the later MCO-LGW (BA2038) times. Both LGW flights are still showing on the BA timetable along with the 2 LGW flights.

Next Trip Feb '24
Jun98 Apr99 Dec99 Apr00 Mar03 Jun/Jul04 Dec/Jan05/06 Jul06 Dec06 Jun/Jul08 Jun/Jul09 Jul/Aug11 Sep13 Jun/Jul14 Nov15 Sep16 Villa/BWV May18 Villa/BLT/AKL Sept19 Villa/AKL Feb/Mar20 AKL/SSR Sep22 AKL Apr/May 23 CS/CC/AKL Nov 23 SSR Feb/Mar 24 RR/BR
bighal is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Jul 20, 07:07 PM  
Link to this Post
crowie
Trying for More Ears

With regard to your first post - yes you can get a full refund if you phone BA - try 0800 727 800 and don't press any options. BA aren't moving away from Gatwick at the moment in fact they will be operating some long haul flights from the North Terminal in August to very limited destiinations.
Thanks for that advice. Option 3 refunds was just telling you to call back later when less busy. I held without selecting an option, waited 20 mins, got to first level where they asked what type of booking I had. I said flight and car, directed to next bit. On hold for 40 mins but then spoke to someone. They saw my EDI-LGW flights were cancelled but LGW-TPA still on. They offered me alternate options via LHR but I declined so they processed a full refund of my deposit for me. All done in 2 mins. Glad it’s sorted.
crowie is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Jul 20, 07:17 PM  
Link to this Post
WelshDragon7
Surfing at Typhoon Lagoon

I’ve had an email today too to say my Thursday 14th January 2021 is cancelled too that’s my outbound flight LGW- MCO.

Hoping this may mean I can get a refund on my package booked with BA.

An abrupt end to my first trip 😒
WelshDragon7 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Jul 20, 07:21 PM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Hope this makes sense.

Stanley

We also had an email this afternoon cancelling our inbound BA flight into LGW on 29 Nov.

Going through the choices I saw that the outbound in early Nov still showed LGW as an option as well as LHR. May have been an error I guess as I'm sure they wouldn't operate to MCO from both on the same day. No way were we leaving from LGW and returning to LHR so I just changed both flights to LHR.

As our glasses are slowly becoming half empty I'll not be rushing parking and hotels at T5 yet.

Mick

Edited at 07:37 PM.
mick is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Jul 20, 07:41 PM  
Link to this Post
stanleycamel
VIP Dibber

stanleycamel's Reviews
Originally Posted by crowie View Post
Thanks for that advice. Option 3 refunds was just telling you to call back later when less busy. I held without selecting an option, waited 20 mins, got to first level where they asked what type of booking I had. I said flight and car, directed to next bit. On hold for 40 mins but then spoke to someone. They saw my EDI-LGW flights were cancelled but LGW-TPA still on. They offered me alternate options via LHR but I declined so they processed a full refund of my deposit for me. All done in 2 mins. Glad it’s sorted.
Pleased to hear you got sorted out - sometimes it does mean a long wait on the phone but usually it is worth it. I have always found the staff helpful and friendly especially when you think that they are dealing with upset and sometimes angry people all day every day. Well done you
stanleycamel is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Jul 20, 07:45 PM  
Link to this Post
stanleycamel
VIP Dibber

stanleycamel's Reviews
Originally Posted by mick View Post
Stanley

We also had an email this afternoon cancelling our inbound BA flight into LGW on 29 Nov.

Going through the choices I saw that the outbound in early Nov still showed LGW as an option as well as LHR. May have been an error I guess as I'm sure they wouldn't operate to MCO from both on the same day. No way were we leaving from LGW and returning to LHR so I just changed both flights to LHR.

As our glasses are slowly becoming half empty I'll not be rushing parking and hotels at T5 yet.

Mick
Mick - pleased you got sorted. It is odd that BA have the two different airports running almost identical flights and I am sure it won't be the last we have seen about schedule/airport changes. What a strange unpredictable world we are living in. Stay safe.
Old 29 Jul 20, 07:53 PM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Mick - pleased you got sorted. It is odd that BA have the two different airports running almost identical flights and I am sure it won't be the last we have seen about schedule/airport changes. What a strange unpredictable world we are living in. Stay safe.
Thanks Stanley - you too

We've booked BA LGW to TPA next April and I'm sure that they will change that in due course. First time into TPA for us - I'll certainly miss leaving garage B on auto-pilot to the 417. They are still selling LGW to TPA in April.

I did quickly check VS out of MAN for our Nov flights in case the BA refund was an option but they wanted about £500 more for two PE tickets. VS do seem to have a problem understanding how they'll start selling flights to us at least.