Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 2 Aug 20, 04:24 PM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

Originally Posted by LawrenceFamily View Post
I know what you're saying but just look at the state of things in the US currently. It's 17 weeks until the start of December. It seems a mile away but it really isnt. Florida has half a million positive cases of Covid & is registering almost 10,000 new cases a day!

I suppose it depends on what you want from a holiday, but I think the chances of fights to the US being active in 2020, (bearing in mind we're on the cusp of a 2nd wave ourselves) is next to zero.

Sorry to sound so negative - but I think it's important that people stay realistic and dont get their hopes up.

It's all a real mess
Still no point in cancelling and losing deposits though, and until then I'll keep my fingers crossed, lots can change in 17 weeks.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Aug 20, 04:01 PM  
Link to this Post
Flower2603
Imagineer

Flower2603's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 24
I agree about not cancelling now and risking the loss of deposits, wait until balances are due.

Sadly, I'm not hopeful. We have obviously lost our Clearwater/WDW August holiday, but we also have a week booked 19th November in Bonita Springs, down on the coast. I doubt that will happen, the foreign office is still saying only essential travel, if Florida's cases of covid are at the same rate they are now, I can't see that changing for November/December.

I'm not cancelling our November holiday yet because I don't want to lose our deposit, but I doubt I'd go even if we were allowed, too risky at our ages/health conditions etc.

August 2008 - All Star Sports/Tradewinds, St. Pete
Aug. 2010 - Beach Club/RPH Aug. 2012 - Beach Club!
August 2015 - RPH/POFQ
October 2017 - Newport Bay DLP August 2018 Tokyo Disney
Flower2603 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Aug 20, 12:21 PM  
Link to this Post
f1girly
Imagineer

DS is due to fly early Dec but Disney have said his hotel will not be open (All Stars), balance is due in a month, he no longer wants to go. But surely a change of hotel is deemed a major change, so why aren't VH cancelling it now?
f1girly is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Aug 20, 12:55 PM  
Link to this Post
Nostradamus
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by f1girly View Post
DS is due to fly early Dec but Disney have said his hotel will not be open (All Stars), balance is due in a month, he no longer wants to go. But surely a change of hotel is deemed a major change, so why aren't VH cancelling it now?
I reckon Virgin won't be doing anything until the court hearing on the 25th.

I am going to pay my balance in September and let Virgin cancel the holiday for December.
Nostradamus is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Aug 20, 01:10 PM  
Link to this Post
WDW365
Trying for More Ears

In this climate I'd decide to not go in December. As for timing of cancelling I'd do the maths to see what's best. If you can get all money back now I'd cancel now.
WDW365 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Aug 20, 01:20 PM  
Link to this Post
amy56
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Nostradamus View Post
I reckon Virgin won't be doing anything until the court hearing on the 25th.
Can I ask what the court hearing on 25th is please?

(Sorry I must of missed this - just asking as my uncle has flights booked with virgin for Christmas and just wondered if it will effect him, as he doesn’t know anything about it either)

Thank you!
amy56 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Aug 20, 01:26 PM  
Link to this Post
Nostradamus
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by amy56 View Post

(Sorry I must of missed this - just asking as my uncle has flights booked with virgin for Christmas and just wondered if it will effect him, as he doesn’t know anything about it either)

Thank you!
They are having a vote with trade suppliers on the 25th. Can't find the bit about the court appearance but its something to do with the bankrupcy.
Nostradamus is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Aug 20, 06:26 PM  
Link to this Post
Nostradamus
Excited about Disney

ft/content/90827be1-...0-f44e316eae27

Maybe we will get to know something on Tuesday.
Old 25 Aug 20, 08:35 AM  
Link to this Post
Nostradamus
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by amy56 View Post

Thank you!
If successful today, another UK court hearing will be held on Sept 2 to approve the plan, and a procedural hearing is scheduled for Sept 3 in the United States.
Old 25 Aug 20, 12:36 PM  
Link to this Post
snowbelle
Imagineer

I’m sitting on our booking and waiting for it to be cancelled for October , only paid £1 k out so far but too much to lose if we cancel first
snowbelle is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List