Notices
Car Hire & Transportation Discuss the best way of getting around Florida.

Old 7 May 18, 11:24 PM  
Link to this Post
DonnaD
Imagineer

Ianc and Stitch&Smudge are 100% correct. I was actually going to say avoid Sherberth on a Friday evening leaving the parks!

I have holidayed here for 15 years and lived here for 1. I always check Google maps before setting off on a potentially bad journey. There are no routes that are guaranteed best if there happens to be an accident. The difference here is that there are alternatives that do not become instantly gridlocked as well. Where we lived just outside the M25, one lane closure would cause total chaos on our little lane due to people following their Sat Nav down unsuitable roads.

Here if you are prepared to use toll roads and drive a few more miles you can avoid most incidents.

I also agree that I4 can often be quickest. I drive through the roadworks on a weekly basis. They are past Universal going towards downtown Orlando and not on most tourists' routes. As mentioned the lanes and speed aren't restricted anyway. It isn't like a 50mph contraflow on the M1 just a bit hairy if you aren't used to it.

Edited at 02:47 PM.
DonnaD is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 May 18, 11:29 PM  
Link to this Post
DonnaD
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by mrmoo123 View Post
192 for sure (if coming from the US27 way).

Make sure you take the Sherberth Road shortcut though, will save you loads of time
That totally depends on what part of H27 you are talking about. Some of the communities are on the other side of I4 or very close to it. We stayed at Four Corners Estate years ago before Google maps. We would have been far better off using 4 than going all the way up to 192 but had no idea where we actually were because the area wasn't even on the AAA Orlando map.
Old 8 May 18, 02:02 PM  
Link to this Post
7SeasSailor
Imagineer

I usually leave the 417 and go into Disney heading for Coronado Springs. I drive past it and take the Western Way. I then pop out onto the 192 well along the road or I continue on the Hartzog Road, turn left onto Avalon Road and across the 192 onto Westside Blvd.
Old 8 May 18, 02:50 PM  
Link to this Post
DonnaD
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by 7SeasSailor View Post
I usually leave the 417 and go into Disney heading for Coronado Springs. I drive past it and take the Western Way. I then pop out onto the 192 well along the road or I continue on the Hartzog Road, turn left onto Avalon Road and across the 192 onto Westside Blvd.
These can be quite good ways as well but Avalon and Hartzog can back up too in rush hour.

The OP still hasn't told us where they are staying so all this help could be pointless!
Old 12 May 18, 11:28 PM  
Link to this Post
spestell
Excited about Disney

Thanks for all your replies.
spestell is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List