Notices
Disneyland Paris Trip Planning Disneyland Paris Holiday Planning Questions and Tips.

Old 20 Mar 19, 12:37 PM  
Link to this Post
Gill H
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 86
Guidebook Reviews: 24
Mobile

Newport Bay’s big refurb has made a difference and I’m sure HNY’s will too. Not sure which hotel is next on the list but bear in mind this is the first time they have ever had funds to do a huge refurb.

Prices have gone up massively since WDC took over DLP, but don’t forget there is pretty much always an offer - never book full price!

Nevertheless we will be getting APs soon, if we only use them twice in a 12-month period they will pay for themselves.
Other parks: Tokyo
Gill H is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Mar 19, 04:29 PM  
Link to this Post
Beaker7929
Imagineer

Beaker7929's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 101
Originally Posted by Gill H View Post
Newport Bay’s big refurb has made a difference and I’m sure HNY’s will too. Not sure which hotel is next on the list but bear in mind this is the first time they have ever had funds to do a huge refurb.

Prices have gone up massively since WDC took over DLP, but don’t forget there is pretty much always an offer - never book full price!

Nevertheless we will be getting APs soon, if we only use them twice in a 12-month period they will pay for themselves.
Disneyland Hotel is next on the refurb list, but it won't take place until Hotel New York is finished

Twitter - @rpaisley79 / Instagram - rachelpaisley79

Upcoming Hols *July '19 Sequoia Lodge Golden Forest*August 2020 WDW Coronado Springs*

Previous Hols *Jan '19 Sequoia Lodge Golden Forest*Jan '18 Sequoia Lodge Golden Forest*Oct '17 Cheyenne*Jan '17 Sequoia Lodge Golden Forest*Jan '16 Sequoia Lodge Golden Forest*March '15 - Cheyenne*Nov '13 - Cheyenne*Feb '12 - Newport Bay*April '08 - Santa Fe*March '05 - Santa Fe*

Click here for my Disneyland Paris Trip Reports
Beaker7929 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Mar 19, 10:02 AM  
Link to this Post
Peter H
VIP Dibber

Mobile

I still disagree that WDW is cheaper not taking into account flights and food. We have been looking at WDW recently and before flights and paying for DDP a moderate is coming out close to £4,000 for the two of us from 10 days. Add flights that is somewhere between £5,000 and £6,000.

DLP: day trips 2000, 03; Cheyenne Sep 09, Feb 11; Sequoia Lodge June 08, May 12; Elysee May 12, Jan 13, Sep 13; Disneyland Hotel Mar 15, Santa Fe Nov 16, Newport Bay Sep 17
WDW: Port Orleans Riverside Dec 10; SSR Nov 14 Other: DCL Disney Magic Sep 17

Trippies and videos from:
Orlando
DLP Cruise and other
Peter H is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Mar 19, 03:48 PM  
Link to this Post
GjDisney
Proud to wear my Ears

Mobile

The pricing is shocking at the moment

Was looking for a cheap Disney trip like the previous 3 times

700 - 4 nights 5 days with flight New York
800 - 4 nights 5 days with flight Disney hotel (meant to be Newport but free upgrade due to work on site)
700 - 4 nights 5 days with flights seq lodge

These were all great flights landing and in the parks first day at 11am and leaving final day around 9pm

I’ve been looking on teletext and can see offsite bookings including flights from 209pp but the park tickets are just insane.

All our deals were 2 free nights which really drives the price down. I was getting prices of 455 for January just gone when looking way in advance which was on site in a Disney hotel.

Maybe we could update the thread with deals from different countries As they appear?
GjDisney is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Mar 19, 10:28 PM  
Link to this Post
Gill H
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
There haven't been any '4 nights for 2' deals for a while. Since TWDC took over they have been pushing the free half board/full board and 25% off or 30% off deals instead.

We'll be getting annual passes and staying offsite. I think even two short trips in a 12 month period will enable us to get value out of the APs.
Gill H is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Mar 19, 01:57 PM  
Link to this Post
MK_club1987
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by Peter H View Post
I still disagree that WDW is cheaper not taking into account flights and food. We have been looking at WDW recently and before flights and paying for DDP a moderate is coming out close to £4,000 for the two of us from 10 days. Add flights that is somewhere between £5,000 and £6,000.
I never said that overall WDW would be cheaper, but when you compare the prices it's insane.

Base price for WDW I have priced up is £2200 including flights (found slightly cheaper than the other day), for 2 adults 1 child, 2 weeks.

Base price for DLP for 5 nights including Eurostar or flights is coming it at £2500 for an equivalent hotel, so actually more.

Ok yeah have to add park tickets on top, which is another cost, but the actual travel and stay is coming it cheaper than DLP but for 9 nights longer... Doesn't seem to make any sense to me.

Can't really add on DDP as dining plan is not currently included at DLP either, so you'd have to pay wherever.
MK_club1987 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Mar 19, 03:38 PM  
Link to this Post
Gill H
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Our last DLP trip cost £58 each for Eurostar return, £700 for 3 nights at Santa Fe with half board. That was for 2 adults midweek in November.

There are ways to do it without it costing a bomb (eg midweek term time off season) but just like WDW, you have to look for the deals.
Old 24 Mar 19, 05:04 PM  
Link to this Post
Fraggle35
Very Serious Dibber

We've started to book weekends as I work in school too... flying from Liverpool and 2 nights at the Kyriad or Explorers was £145 each. I renewed my annual pass last month and got 18 months for the price of 12 so that helps with costs. I can do this more frequently as my daughter is older and pays her own way too. Only extras are food and transfers from the airport but still cheaper than anything I could find with Disney.
Fraggle35 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Mar 19, 06:29 PM  
Link to this Post
Sarryb
Apprentice Imagineer

I actually think a lot of the issue with DLP can come from the travel. It can really hike the price up. I took my Niece in October. I booked the Eurostar first day it appeared online, it cost £130 return, total. Then 3 nights 4 days Santa Fe, £490 on the French website with 35% off and free under 12s. That would also include a single supplement, I think. I'm sure I read one adult, one child would still incur that charge.

However the Eurostar, or flights can get super expensive if you don't book really far in advance, unless of course you choose to use an indirect train.

We've booked 2 adults, 1 child (11 by then) Sequoia Lodge main building, HB Plus, and Eurostar, August school holidays. £1350. Though I got a just under £150 discount on park tickets as my mum has rheumatoid arthritis, and needs help so they allowed me carer's discount. The offer was 25% off and free half board. The Eurostar wasn't even available direct online yet. I used magic breaks and we even got buffalo bills included as one of our plus meals. I'm not even sure how, but they said it was an option for 9:30 showings, and it's on the confirmation. Xx

Edited at 06:30 PM.
Sarryb is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Mar 19, 09:24 AM  
Link to this Post
cazspence
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by Gill H View Post
There haven't been any '4 nights for 2' deals for a while. Since TWDC took over they have been pushing the free half board/full board and 25% off or 30% off deals instead.

We'll be getting annual passes and staying offsite. I think even two short trips in a 12 month period will enable us to get value out of the APs.
I think this is what we are going to look into. Our trip last week only cost just under £1k for sql gf. For the same next year it’s almost double ☹️
cazspence is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List