Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 13 Apr 19, 10:59 AM  
Link to this Post
Clamshell
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Princesa View Post
Oh I definitely wouldn’t have moved for the family that were out to annoy you, people shouldn’t be allowed to bully someone out. I’d also have informed them I spoke Spanish 😂
I’d do the same as this!

Phantom thread-killer of Old London Town 😁
Clamshell is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Apr 19, 01:09 PM  
Link to this Post
glenandem
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

Don’t mean to sound like I’m generalising here and I know the English aren’t all perfect but in all my years of coming here and this last last two weeks I’ve thought as brits we’re too nicey nice sometimes lol, last night we was at Epcot and there’s always plenty of room around Morocco area to watch the fireworks we’ve found the further away from the entrance u go and we had a nice spot half an hour before they started and some big Spanish speaking family came right next to us and tried to bump us towards a tree, made the kids plant they’re feet and stretch they’re legs out😂😂
Having kids certainly has it uses sometimes if they’re trained up well in the ways of the force😁👌
glenandem is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Apr 19, 01:17 PM  
Link to this Post
snowbelle
Imagineer

Mobile

I hate my personal space invaded and know it’s very difficult at parades etc
My husband has a knack of very stinky gas escapes and I’m sure he could rustle one up😁he did one In a lift once and got out and heard someone say “oh god what’s that smell “ yep he embarrasses me😃
snowbelle is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Apr 19, 01:56 PM  
Link to this Post
Imagineer2802
Imagineer

Imagineer2802's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
Restaurant Reviews: 27

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 5
Guidebook Photos: 74
At DLP, we waited ages for the Stars and Cars parade...a rude family showed up behind us right at the last minute. They didn’t ask if they could fit in, they just tried to push past us..keep in mind that I was actually against a tree on one side so they tried to actually move my body away from it. We were trying to politely ignore it...until they put their toddler on my friends shoulders! What is that about?! Then some cross words were exchanged and they thankfully moved on.

2019 - August - Europe on the Magic! 17th Trip!

**~ °o° ~°o° ~ °o°~°o° ~°o° ~ °o°~**
Imagineer2802 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Apr 19, 02:18 PM  
Link to this Post
Princesa
Imagineer

Mobile

I can’t get over what people would do! Imagine thinking it fine to just sit a child on a stranger’s shoulders and them not do anything!
Princesa is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Apr 19, 05:27 PM  
Link to this Post
goodevans
VIP Dibber

goodevans's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 2

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 13
Oh my goodness ... this has made me realise that people have experienced far worse !

In a way I am strangely reassured that we are not the only ones as was beginning to feel we must look in some way like a soft touch target for these rude people

Just horrified that adults would rope their kids into this sort of behaviour too ... no hope in hell of growing up with any respect for others if following parents examples
Hotel Cheyenne DLP - 1994,Davy Crockett Ranch DLP - 1996 ,AllStars Sports WDW 1997,DL Hotel DLP - 1998,All Stars Movies WDW - 2000,AKL WDW -03,Newport Bay Club DLP - 04,AKL WDW- 06,Sequoia Lodge DLP 06
Fairfield Inn Marriot Village LBV-12

Hawthorn Suites LBV-14, Hotel Cheyenne DLP-17, LBV, RPR, POR-WDW, AMI+Disney Dream '18
goodevans is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Apr 19, 05:48 PM  
Link to this Post
Mrstenberge
Excited about Disney

In DLP a woman actually pushed me off the kerb so she could get my spot! In WDW, a woman asked if her and her family could stand in front of me and my mum for the parade, we’d been there melting for 2 hours and they turned up just as it started, I politely pointed that out to her!
Mrstenberge is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Apr 19, 06:15 PM  
Link to this Post
MrsBC
VIP Dibber

MrsBC's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 11
Restaurant Reviews: 50

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 10
Guidebook Reviews: 1
Almost the same thing happened to us 2 years ago - it was a family who 'didn't speak English' (until it suited them). They ended up pushing in so much that they had the wall, and a buggy parked next to them - with 2 kids standing on the railings. I thought he was going to get punched by an American man!
Last year we booked the dessert party for this exact reason.
DCL Magic, DCL Wish
BOOKED - Beach Club Villas Sept '24, Disney Treasure Sept '25
TRIP REPORT INDEX
www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=835984
MrsBC is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Apr 19, 01:03 PM  
Link to this Post
ravenwing
Trainee Dibber

Originally Posted by goodevans View Post
Just horrified that adults would rope their kids into this sort of behaviour too ... no hope in hell of growing up with any respect for others if following parents examples
True - we were in HS and my little girl had just received a nasty bump to the eye (entirely self/brother inflicted), she was in tears and one of the CMs at a souvenir cart came over to try and cheer her up. She was lovely, took probably about 10 minutes with us. Afterwards my husband asked if I'd seen what another guy had done - apparently while her attention was on us a dad had been persuading his reluctant daughter to steal stuff from the cart!
ravenwing is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Apr 19, 04:17 AM  
Link to this Post
jnc2345
Getting Excited

I love that this has turned into a HEA crowd moaning thread. I had a woman very loudly complaining about me for standing "outside the tape", after CMs started filling in the pathways inside the hub. I was very close to offering a class in crowd control but I stopped myself.
jnc2345 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List