Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 19 Sep 19, 11:45 AM  
Link to this Post
duchy
Imagineer

It's like anything planned over a year ahead , things can change , like availability of a specific training. If they publish ahead and then have to change them then even more irate parents so they can't win either way.
duchy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Sep 19, 12:19 PM  
Link to this Post
vowels
Imagineer

In South Lanarkshire we have our term times until June 2021.

Does seem unreasonable, especially as your schools have fines.
vowels is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Sep 19, 01:32 PM  
Link to this Post
Lisa123wm
Imagineer

Our schools have published term dates for the next couple of years as they always do.
Inset days are a different thing and can’t always be arranged so far in advance.
Stick to actual dates confirmed as school holidays and there won’t be a problem.
If you’re lucky enough to have published inset days a year or so in advance, then great, take advantage. Otherwise, stick to the dates you know for sure.
Lisa123wm is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Sep 19, 02:27 PM  
Link to this Post
JediMuM
Imagineer

This isthefirst year our school has published dates, I nearly didn’t even check as they are never there but boom !
Glad I checked as it was later than expected so should catch HHN 🤞🏻 x
Old 19 Sep 19, 03:12 PM  
Link to this Post
gemma-lou
Imagineer

gemma-lou's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 4
Mobile

I work in a school kitchen and have been looking at our dates, we went by this year’s dates, we go back 2 days after term time as there are 2 TTDs, next year last day of term is 2nd September so with that being Wednesday, and then our 2TTDs we will go back the following Monday? We fly back the second so 3rd back in the UK. We booked back in February regarding these dates and my school still haven’t released our 2020/21 dates yet
2008 - enclave suite - 2010 All Star Sport - 2017 Avanti Resort - 2018 Royal pacific and miami - 2022 Polynesian and Royal Pacific - - February 2024 family trip to Universal Dockside - November 2024 Universal Aventura & CSR DisneyWorld
https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/signaturepics/sigpic28388_47.gif
gemma-lou is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Sep 19, 03:21 PM  
Link to this Post
mandco
VIP Dibber

We already have all standard dates (term starts/ends and holidays)up to Aug 2021 available
Mine go back on Thursday the 3rd of September 2020
mandco is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Sep 19, 05:41 PM  
Link to this Post
princess allie
VIP Dibber

I’m south England and in my school we have the date up to July 2021. My son has just left and got to senior school and they haven’t released the dates yet. On the local authority website(Devon) the term start date is Thursday 3rd and as at his school the first day back is only for year 7 and 12, the earliest he could go back in year 8 is Friday 4th. I have taken a gamble and booked my flights and we get home on the 4th. If he has school that day, he will miss the first day, I don’t really like it and I wouldn’t do it for longer, but for one day, I’m happy to take a chance. The school really should get their act together, if some schools can do it, they all should, IMO, it’s only fair so parents can plan ahead.

1998 Villa in Kissimmee 2009 Animal Kingdom Lodge 2011 Animal Kingdom Lodge 2014 Villa Lake Berkeley 2016 Villa Bass Lakes 2017 Villa on Solana and Vero Beach 2018 Villa on Highlands Reserve and St Pete Beach 2019 SLC, Cabana Bay, Highlands Reserve & Coronado Springs, 2020 Feb half term villa chilling. 2022 villa on Calabay Park and a trip Clearwater beach. 2023 Orlando and Clearwater
princess allie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Sep 19, 05:49 PM  
Link to this Post
DiszeeBelle
Imagineer

Mobile

I know my return dates for term 20-21. We get to know 2yrs in advance. I'm wanting 21-22 dates now though haha. Schools should already know next year's term dates and should be able to tell you, just explain why and book. Make sure if email keep correspondence or note down who spoke to and when so can have evidence if you need to arrive back late.
DiszeeBelle is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Sep 19, 05:53 PM  
Link to this Post
Imagineer2802
Imagineer

Imagineer2802's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
Restaurant Reviews: 27

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 5
Guidebook Photos: 74
I know it’s frustrating, but it’s not just a case of the school not knowing.

I’m a teacher and a staff governor at school, and all the Inset days need to be confirmed and approved by the full governing body before they can be officially ‘advertised’. As others have said, it may also be the case that they are waiting to hear from third party organisations as to trainings availability before they can submit the dates to the governing body. It is not a quick, simple process. THat said, our school try and sort it two academic years in advance.

I think they’ve been quite generous with offering a day if approved absence - our county wouldn’t allow it!

2019 - August - Europe on the Magic! 17th Trip!

**~ °o° ~°o° ~ °o°~°o° ~°o° ~ °o°~**
Imagineer2802 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Sep 19, 05:59 PM  
Link to this Post
Lisaw1971
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

Ours are shocking, we got this years dates emailed in August!

DLP Sept 1994 NY, 1998 SF, 2003NPB, 2005 off site, 2008NPB, NYE 2012 Explorers
WDW POR August 2013 14 nts
WDW POR August 2015 21 nts
DLP DCC AUGUST 2016 3nts
WDW DVC December 2016 10nts
Lisaw1971 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List