Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 21 Jan 20, 10:36 AM  
Link to this Post
BebeYorkshire
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile When to go for something different?

We have visited Disney World 3 times now, in February, Sept and October.

February was good, but I'm reluctant to go again at this time as bad weather at home caused problems with animal care that I don't want to risk happening again. It put a real dampener on the holiday (snow meant that the pet sitter didn't make it and I had to scramble to get friends and family to cover a couple of days).

September was my favourite time as it wasn't too busy. October was similar but a lot busier feeling. The downside now to these 2 times is Halloween, all the evening parties made Magic Kingdom difficult to plan in.

Are there any other times of year that are less busy (I know that quiet is a thing of the past)?
BebeYorkshire is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jan 20, 10:38 AM  
Link to this Post
sbuck93
Apprentice Imagineer

We like May for Flower & Garden. I didn't find it much different to September crowd wise.

Vegas.Disney.MCFC
sbuck93 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jan 20, 10:58 AM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 3
We do March, May, Aug/Sept and Oct/Nov.

Without a shadow of a doubt out of those the quietest is the very end of August and September. The down side is September can be hit and miss for weather.

November used to be dead. Now it's crazy.

March is also crazy due to Spring break.

"PAGING MR MORROW, MR TOM MORROW..."

''I drink Wine and know things''

DVC Owners at SSR since 2003.
Multiple annual visits to America since 1976
Mr Tom Morrow is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jan 20, 11:13 AM  
Link to this Post
catherinesian
Imagineer

Following this as we went in September and found the crowds really manageable but were put off by all the Halloween parties restricting access to MK. We aren't tied to the school holidays so can go anytime is best.

Next trip to WDW Sept 2024 for our Wedding
catherinesian is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jan 20, 11:33 AM  
Link to this Post
kellsbells
Imagineer

We usually visit in September but last year I went in May for a solo trip and really loved that time of year there. Weather was good and crowds manageable (I found it slightly busier than the beginning of September but not much) with the added bonus of flower and garden which was great.

We are back to September this year but I am really hoping to visit in May again

kellsbells is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jan 20, 12:32 PM  
Link to this Post
Minnie4Mickey
Imagineer

Originally Posted by kellsbells View Post
We usually visit in September but last year I went in May for a solo trip and really loved that time of year there. Weather was good and crowds manageable (I found it slightly busier than the beginning of September but not much) with the added bonus of flower and garden which was great.

We are back to September this year but I am really hoping to visit in May again
was glad to see this reply. We always go September / October, but next time we are going in May for our honeymoon and I was worried as May doesn't seem the most popular option.

Instagram: kimberlys_journeyy
Youtube: Kimberly's Journey
Orlando 16 - Food Report
We got engaged trip 19 - Food Report
Minnie4Mickey is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jan 20, 01:35 PM  
Link to this Post
BebeYorkshire
Apprentice Imagineer

Thank you all, looks like May and early Sept are the preferred options so will run them past my OH and see what he says. May would be nice as it is closer!
BebeYorkshire is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jan 20, 01:46 PM  
Link to this Post
chrisxal
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 5
We love March for the nice warm weather but low humidity and the first 2 weeks in November before thanksgiving as the parks are all Christmassy and not too busy.
chrisxal is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jan 20, 02:12 PM  
Link to this Post
Flamingo
Apprentice Imagineer

Flamingo's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 6
Mobile

We've been twice in mid May. 2011 the weather was hot but not ridiculously so and crowds were pretty light.
2015 was extremely hot (locals were telling us it was much hotter than normal). Crowds were definitely heavier than in 2011.
We're now tied to school holidays so we'll be experiencing August for the first time this year!
Flamingo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jan 20, 02:16 PM  
Link to this Post
Hermione
Getting Excited

we're normally sept/nov people but we've converted to may for this year and we are hoping for light crowds and good weather :-)
Hermione is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List