Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 22 Jan 20, 12:51 PM  
Link to this Post
3disneykids
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Claudette View Post
I don’t think a sale is going to help unless something happens to the route and some more competition comes along.

In the meantime, being realistic, I think you need to consider other options such as economy, flying form London or accepting the increase in prices.
I agree with this I wouldn't have no holiday for the sake of a one off bad 9 hour flight...I see the flight as a means to an end and would pay extra for direct but not for an upgrade if it meant that I couldn't afford the holiday. We ended up paying £700 pp direct from Man for economy which is well over budget. I know increasing budget is a bitter pill to swallow. I hope you manage to find appropriate flights .
3disneykids is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jan 20, 12:52 PM  
Link to this Post
MariaLynda
VIP Dibber

What is premium like in BA.. i know its supposed to be good on the tui dreamliner.

Ridgewood Lakes Oct 1999 : Westridge May 2001 : Florida Pines Jan 2003 : Crescent Lakes May '05 : Sandy Ridge May '09 : Sandy Ridge Sept/Oct '10 : Tuscan Ridge April/May '12 : Emerald Island Nov '14 : Windsor Palms May '16 : Emerald Island April/May '18
MariaLynda is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jan 20, 12:53 PM  
Link to this Post
ukman
slightly serious Dibber

Flight prices are just crazy and for me it all started when all the big airlines was joining forces/merging and we use to love flying with delta, until its close alliance with virgin and caboom, the prices are out of this world now.
ukman is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jan 20, 12:55 PM  
Link to this Post
Minnie4Mickey
Imagineer

Originally Posted by MariaLynda View Post
What is premium like in BA.. i know its supposed to be good on the tui dreamliner.
I've done TUI and BA premium, both good with extra legroom.

I definitely would not pay over £900 each for either of them though, defo not worth that price IMO

Instagram: kimberlys_journeyy
Youtube: Kimberly's Journey
Orlando 16 - Food Report
We got engaged trip 19 - Food Report
Minnie4Mickey is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jan 20, 01:20 PM  
Link to this Post
NewtoOrlando
VIP Dibber

NewtoOrlando's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Mobile

If it was a holiday I desperately wanted to go on I would look at alternative airports. Flying from London doesn’t have to be a nightmare, the money you save would make it more than worth it. We are very fortunate to be on Heathrow’s doorstep and other London airports are 45 mins away on a good day. But we once flew from Birmingham to Malaga because the flights were £50pp return over £150 return from London... the money saved covered the cost of fuel getting to Birmingham & parking, and left us with money to spend on duty free, it was no biggie. Sometimes you got to take that hit and go a bit further to get what you want!

Miami/CBR/RPR/Bahama Bay Aug 16
Deerfield Beach/HRH/POFQ/Contemporary/Westridge - Aug 18
New York - Westin Grand Central - Nov 18
Disneyland Paris - Hotel Cheyenne - Dec 18
All Star Sport/POFQ/Aylesbury Villa/Deerfield Beach - Oct 19
Miami/Hard Rock hotel/Pop Century/Legacy Park Dibb Villa - Aug 2022

Saratoga Springs/Rosen Plaza - Dec 2024
NewtoOrlando is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jan 20, 01:32 PM  
Link to this Post
Nimbus
Imagineer

Nimbus's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 8
Restaurant Reviews: 21

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 36
Guidebook Reviews: 2
Originally Posted by MariaLynda View Post
Flight prices from Manchester are crazy, doesn't make it better that we decided that its PE or nothing as we had such a bad flight on our last trip. I expected to get something between 700-800 but they are no where near that. Lowest I saw was 950, and they are currently around well over 1k.. have been for ages... maybe even 1333 at the minute on the VA site.
I think you're expecting too much if you want PE for less than £800.

We're flying from Manchester at the end of August returning in mid-September. I thought flight prices for economy with Virgin were pretty good and not much more than the Thomas Cook flights we originally had. Economy flights were about £550 each.

My in-laws then treated us to an upgrade to PE both ways as an early anniversary present. The upgrade cost about £400 each, so the price of our Virgin flights increased to just under £1K each (for PE).

I paid over £800 each for our previous economy flights to Orlando back in 2016. That was with Thomas Cook. Admittedly, it was during Easter hols and so more expensive. But still, only around £150 more for PE with Virgin 4 years later seems like a bargain to me.

~ Trip Report Indexes ~

Edited at 01:33 PM.
Nimbus is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jan 20, 01:38 PM  
Link to this Post
Butterbeer
Trying for More Ears

I am also waiting for book flights for September (looks like we'll be going a few days before you!), although we are much closer to Gatwick than Manchester, which I know is coming out cheaper. We want to fly with Virgin, but are looking at economy not premium economy, and prices are currently £517 per person for us. I was really hoping to get it for a bit cheaper than this, based on prices I've seen people getting in previous years. I imagine the price probably won't go down now as more seats get booked up and with no Thomas Cook around? I don't know whether to just book at £517. Decisions decisions ...
Butterbeer is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jan 20, 01:43 PM  
Link to this Post
kellsbells
Imagineer

September prices are still pretty high from Gatwick too at the moment. We've always managed around the £400 mark for September (economy) but without Thomas cook i'm expecting it will be higher this year.

Last year it was around mid April when we booked our flight for September so you just have to keep checking and watching. (and once you've booked don't look again!)

kellsbells is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jan 20, 02:07 PM  
Link to this Post
Jack&LucysMumy
Very Serious Dibber

Have you looked at flights from Glasgow? We have flown from there the last couple of years. I think it's a fabulous Airport and the journey isn't that bad straight down the m6. Might be worth a look.
We booked last year after the sales in Feb as it was cheaper then the sale prices.

Louise
Jack&LucysMumy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jan 20, 02:53 PM  
Link to this Post
lizzie145
Imagineer

you have plenty of time yet, September prices will come down a little i think.
Hold your nerve and see what happens - not sure why you think flying PE will ensure it is a good flight