Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 30 Apr 20, 12:01 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyLover96
Trying for More Ears

Originally Posted by sasperella View Post
Hi,
I go with my children(42,34). We usually go for 2 weeks, have stayed at Rosen Inn @ PO. Love it! Used Lynx bus or IRide trolley - stops just outside hotel. We have also hired an Alamo car. Kids enjoy driving, as Mick said it’s handy. Downside are parking fees!
Also done split stay Rosen and Wilderness Lodge (Disney). Have also stayed at Animal Kingdom Lodge. Both beautiful places. If we stay onsite try to get free Disney Dining Plan.
We go to Disney , Universal/IOA, Sea World, have done Discovery Cove several times- paradise!🥰
You definitely won’t get it all done in one trip!
We first went 2013 for my 60th- a once in a lifetime trip been 2015;17,18,19 was supposed to be going in September/October this year 🙏🤞
Hi

I have heard that Rosen Inn @ PO is in a great location for park visits!

Wow, I hear a lot of people only plan to go once and end up going back the same way that you did.

We plan to go in 2022 and then wait until we have kids before we go back, but we might catch the bug and want to go back year after year!

We only plan to do Disney and Universal as none of the other parks peak our interest much, much would maybe consider doing the other things when we have children!

How easy would you say the i-ride trolleys are to use? From what I've seen its 2 different trolleys to get to Disney World from i-drive (please correct me if the information I've seen is wrong) and it takes around 35 minutes?

Thank you! And I hope you get to go back when you plan to!
Old 30 Apr 20, 12:02 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyLover96
Trying for More Ears

Originally Posted by mick View Post
There's an excellent DIBB guide to driving in Florida on here. I say "excellent" because I've added to it over the years I'm bound to say it's easy aren't I after 50,000+ miles.

I'll link but only if you want me to

Mick
Oh yeas, please link it if you have it! It's always good to have things like that for my partner to have a peak at!

Thank You!
Old 30 Apr 20, 12:14 PM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by DisneyLover96 View Post
Oh yeas, please link it if you have it! It's always good to have things like that for my partner to have a peak at!

Thank You!
Here you go. Happy reading.

https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/Dri...-USA-p-84.html

Incidentally did you know that there's hundreds of DIBB guides on here. All prepared, edited and updated by DIBB members. Cover every conceivable item.

Here's the index

https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/wiki.php?index=1

Mick
Old 30 Apr 20, 12:24 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyLover96
Trying for More Ears

Originally Posted by mick View Post
Here you go. Happy reading.

https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/Dri...-USA-p-84.html

Incidentally did you know that there's hundreds of DIBB guides on here. All prepared, edited and updated by DIBB members. Cover every conceivable item.

Here's the index

https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/wiki.php?index=1

Mick
Thank you for that!

I wasn't aware of those, so that is another thing I'll bookmark for anything else I need.

I'm not very good with technology at all, so I'm probably missing a lot of things that the site offers due to the fact I'm still trying to work out how it all works

You've been very helpful Mick, I can't thank you enough!
Old 30 Apr 20, 12:26 PM  
Link to this Post
catherinesian
Imagineer

Someone else has suggest a split and I think it's something we'll definitely consider, so thank you for seconding that!

I've been looking at the Disney Dining and wondering if it would even be worth paying for if the free dining wasn't available for our stay (obviously we won't know until closer to when we wish to travel.)

I myself don't drive, but my partner does and I think that he was slightly reluctant for car hire due to the left hand drive, wrong side of the road thing. But hearing that many people have been taking to it like a duck to water suggests that he has absolutely nothing to worry about.

Hiring the car for a few days to head for shopping and universal if staying at a Disney property is definitely something I think we should look into because i think for what we would pay in taxis/uber/lyft there and back the parking money would probably work out to be around the same cost perhaps because as far as I'm led to believe an uber from disney to universal works out anywhere between $10- $15 each way? (Someone please correct me if I'm wrong this just seems to be what I've come up with through extensive googling)

Thank You!
If you do end up doing a split stay - I would exclusively do Disney whilst you are staying on property and then do Universal / shopping etc after you check out and rent a car. You can get the Magical Express from MCO to your resort at the start of your holiday (free) and then hire a car for the last week to drop off at the airport on your way home and then you won't have to get any paid transfers.

As for paid dining plan - I personally don't think it would be worth it for us and if I couldn't get free dining would perhaps choose to stay at a value resort and pay for food as we went (we would normally go for a moderate as you get the next level up of free dining plan, the QSDP). It depends how you eat though and some people do opt to pay for the dining plan!

Assuming Disney do release the free dining plan offer for 2021 and 2022 it usually comes out the April the year before. So for 2022 you would be looking to book in April 2021

ETA if you don't mind changing hotels twice you could also look at booking into one of the 'premium' Universal hotels for a couple of nights as you automatically get front of line passes if you stay there for all the rides . Again there you wouldn't need a car.

Next trip to WDW Sept 2024 for our Wedding

Edited at 12:31 PM.
catherinesian is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Apr 20, 12:30 PM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Thank you for that!

I wasn't aware of those, so that is another thing I'll bookmark for anything else I need.

I'm not very good with technology at all, so I'm probably missing a lot of things that the site offers due to the fact I'm still trying to work out how it all works

You've been very helpful Mick, I can't thank you enough!
It's a pleasure. The vast majority of Dibbers are helpful and enjoy contributing.

I'm retired anyway and not going far today in rainy Warwickshire

The guides won't say which hotel, restaurant, airline is best - you'll still need to seek Dibber's opinions

Edited at 12:32 PM.
mick is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Apr 20, 02:14 PM  
Link to this Post
Supersofe
Trying for More Ears

I didn't even think about doing a split stay, if the first half of the holiday is at a Disney property I assume you are still able to book the fast passes and dining 60 days in advance but is this for the duration of your trip or would you only be able to book 60 days in advance for the time spent at a Disney Hotel and then 30 days before for another?

I'll have to look into the DVC points, I have no idea what they are but I've heard a few people throwing it around so I'll need to get a bit more clued up!

Thank You!
Yes you're right you only get the 60 day fast passes for the days you're in the Disney hotel for. You can usually squeeze all the "hard-to-get" fast passes into that period!

I would have a read about renting DVC points. We haven't been yet so I can't whole-heartedly recommend it but it seems like a good deal. I found it a little confusing at first but there's lots of info available on the Dibb

Good luck with your planning!
Supersofe is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Apr 20, 02:39 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyLover96
Trying for More Ears

Originally Posted by Supersofe View Post
Yes you're right you only get the 60 day fast passes for the days you're in the Disney hotel for. You can usually squeeze all the "hard-to-get" fast passes into that period!

I would have a read about renting DVC points. We haven't been yet so I can't whole-heartedly recommend it but it seems like a good deal. I found it a little confusing at first but there's lots of info available on the Dibb

Good luck with your planning!
Thank you so much!

Have a wonderful time!
Old 30 Apr 20, 04:16 PM  
Link to this Post
sasperella
Apprentice Imagineer

sasperella's Reviews
Hi

I have heard that Rosen Inn @ PO is in a great location for park visits!

Wow, I hear a lot of people only plan to go once and end up going back the same way that you did.

We plan to go in 2022 and then wait until we have kids before we go back, but we might catch the bug and want to go back year after year!

We only plan to do Disney and Universal as none of the other parks peak our interest much, much would maybe consider doing the other things when we have children!

How easy would you say the i-ride trolleys are to use? From what I've seen its 2 different trolleys to get to Disney World from i-drive (please correct me if the information I've seen is wrong) and it takes around 35 minutes?

Thank you! And I hope you get to go back when you plan to!
If you want a relaxing, downtime day I could recommend Discovery Cove its beautiful, sandy beach, all food and drinks included. Swim with Rays and other littlefish, a lazy river and for extra you can swim with a dolphin.
Buses to parks are easy to use and cheap sometimes have to change bus(Magic Kingdom is furthest from IDrive). Rosen Inn used to do free transport if booked night before, I think only to Universal though (sure someone will correct me if I’m wrong)
We are tending to stay onsite now and the hotels all have buses to the parks - so handy. Gets you nearer the entrance too, car parks often have long walk. If you asked my son he’d say book a car!
Good luck with your planning, a great part of the holiday.

Rosen Inn @ Pointe Orlando. Easter 2013, Sept/Oct 2015, Nov/Dec 2017
Wilderness Lodge 2018
AKL 2019, 2020, 2022. Beach Club 2023
sasperella is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Apr 20, 04:35 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyLover96
Trying for More Ears

Originally Posted by sasperella View Post
If you want a relaxing, downtime day I could recommend Discovery Cove its beautiful, sandy beach, all food and drinks included. Swim with Rays and other littlefish, a lazy river and for extra you can swim with a dolphin.
Buses to parks are easy to use and cheap sometimes have to change bus(Magic Kingdom is furthest from IDrive). Rosen Inn used to do free transport if booked night before, I think only to Universal though (sure someone will correct me if I’m wrong)
We are tending to stay onsite now and the hotels all have buses to the parks - so handy. Gets you nearer the entrance too, car parks often have long walk. If you asked my son he’d say book a car!
Good luck with your planning, a great part of the holiday.

I believe that the shuttle from Rosen Inn PO is correct, but I think I read somewhere you can pay a fee at the hotel and get a shuttle to Disney which could be worth considering

I think that we may have to have another look at park choices then because Discovery Cove sounds wonderful from what you've said!

Thank you, I hope you have a magical time when you go back!