Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 17 May 20, 01:34 PM  
Link to this Post
Scaramouche
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Pumpkin Pie View Post
For those who do photo books who do you use. I have just completed two books Cewe but they are quite pricey (they are still sitting in the basket and not ordered yet).
My usual go to is Photobox, but I’ve been looking at snapfish this week as well.
Forget Regrets... Or Life Is Yours To Miss.. No Other Road, No Other Way.. No Day But Today.. ♪
Scaramouche is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 May 20, 01:35 PM  
Link to this Post
SquishTheWhale
Imagineer

Mobile

I print a selection from each year and at the start of each new year put them in a photo album. I have failed to do 2019 though! I also scrapbook our holidays

When I was little I loved looking through my parents photo albums, scrolling through a Facebook feed isn't quite the same!
SquishTheWhale is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 May 20, 01:35 PM  
Link to this Post
Scaramouche
Imagineer

I don’t think we have anything free. I know my iCloud is full because my phone likes to remind me every half an hour.

That’s something else I need to sort out.
Forget Regrets... Or Life Is Yours To Miss.. No Other Road, No Other Way.. No Day But Today.. ♪
Scaramouche is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 May 20, 01:36 PM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

I don't do photobooks but do a photo calendar every year. Around 7.99 and a lovely pressie.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 May 20, 02:00 PM  
Link to this Post
tspill
Imagineer

As regards electronic copies - to me photos are priceless.

I use a Mac and have two independent Tome Machine backups. One runs pretty much every hour to my NAS. The other to a separate USB disk that I back up to once per week in case the other NAS Time Machine gets corrupted.
I also use clout storage in iDrive which backs up offsite evert 15 minutes.

Cant have too many backups.
tspill is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 May 20, 02:06 PM  
Link to this Post
Colette-S
Bon viveur and shopaholic

Colette-S's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by mick View Post
At my age I simply don't understand all these photo saving systems that you have to pay for.

BT are our ISP and we get zillions of free cloud space included in the basic cost so we save all our digital photos there and there's still enough space to store another 500 holidays The digitally saved ones go back to around 2000. I've also scanned prints from another 10 or so big holidays into the BT Cloud.

Sadly having been married for 53 years there's simply no time to scan all the prints from all those years

We also back up digital photos to an external hard drive but rarely print nowadays.

Mick
Mick, you can get companies who will scan all your photos and put them onto a USB/disc for you.
I recently gave all my video camera tapes to a local company and they put them all on disc for me and I saw that they scan too
Colette-S is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 May 20, 02:10 PM  
Link to this Post
cartoonp
VIP Dibber

cartoonp's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
Restaurant Reviews: 14

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 2
Guidebook Photos: 45
Guidebook Reviews: 1
I have around 7000 PIictures I save them to a HDD and all so to DVD i mainly turn them in to slide shows so i can send to frends ect
cartoonp is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 May 20, 02:19 PM  
Link to this Post
Pinchy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Scaramouche View Post
I didn't even know storing photos on a TV was possible? Do you need a particular TV for that?
Most smart TVs have storage whch you can extend by just plugging in a card or drive. The TV will either have display apps altready installed or can be downloaded.
Pinchy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 May 20, 02:24 PM  
Link to this Post
Scaramouche
Imagineer

Originally Posted by FamilyGWales View Post
I don't do photobooks but do a photo calendar every year. Around 7.99 and a lovely pressie.
Yeah we do one of these every year
Old 17 May 20, 02:36 PM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Colette-S View Post
Mick, you can get companies who will scan all your photos and put them onto a USB/disc for you.
I recently gave all my video camera tapes to a local company and they put them all on disc for me and I saw that they scan too
Thanks Colette

I've scanned a few hundred 35mm slides to the computer as I have a gizmo that can do 3 or four at a time. I remember it filled my time a bit when I first retired. But scanning 6 x 4 prints individually on the plate of a printer/scanner is a bridge too far.

Something I need to research I think. Trouble is was that photo on Praa Sands in 1973 or 74 - first challenge is to date sort them - nearest year will do I think rather which month.

Mick