Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 28 May 20, 06:29 PM  
Link to this Post
captain-codeye
Imagineer

captain-codeye's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
I suffered terribly in my late teen, only steroids worked in the end, I’m lucky now that bog standard piriton works for me, I’ve been sneezing the last few days now.
captain-codeye is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 May 20, 09:53 PM  
Link to this Post
DiszeeBelle
Imagineer

Mobile

My hayfever really bad this year so not helping my cough at all- i have an asthmatic bark and cough left over from pneumonia, my eyes are watering and im itchy everywhere. Never had it so bad. I have vaseline under my eyes and nose and taking shop own still buy i switch between the two ingredients.
DiszeeBelle is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 May 20, 10:01 PM  
Link to this Post
mskitty
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by dietcokebreak View Post
Has he tried Benadryl the one with acrivastin? It works in 15 mins and very effective.
This is the only one that works on my hayfever too. It can be expensive compared to the own brand ones but I tend to stock up when on offer to see me through
mskitty is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 May 20, 10:07 PM  
Link to this Post
Floridaagogo
Imagineer

Ask his gp for Fexofenadine or if that fails try Mizollen which is modified release and gives longer protection.He also needs a mometasone nasal spray and sodium cromoglicate eye drops x
Floridaagogo is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 May 20, 01:30 AM  
Link to this Post
DonnaD
Imagineer

Definitely make sure he tries the allergy eyedrops mentioned above. They help itchy eyes enormously and I have found they can even help reduce nasal congestion.
Old 29 May 20, 08:36 AM  
Link to this Post
megaflyer
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Cloverlady View Post
Best by far that I've ever had is something called Avamys in the UK. It's a nasal mist that treats nose and eyes at the same time. For me, works perfectly.
I'm not sure if it is still prescription only in the UK but it was.

You can buy it over the counter in USA , called Flonase, not that I've had to buy it myself. I was interested to see it in Walmart!
I use Avamys and yes as a steroid medicine it’s prescription only but, apart from a week this year when pollen (London Plain tree for me) was highest in record due to weather and lack of pollution weighing it down, it has worked a treat for me for years .

Ps online with out other steroid treatments you need to declare it on your travel insurance . Mine is already high for other health reasons so not sure if one is charged more (I doubt it) but best declared

Edited at 08:39 AM.
megaflyer is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 May 20, 08:52 AM  
Link to this Post
Michyloulou
VIP Dibber

Mobile

I take a one-a-day hayfever tablet(Cetirizine) as Loratidine does nothing for me.
I use Optrex (hayfever version) for my eyes. I don’t use a nasal spray as these all seem to make me sneeze more!
Michyloulou is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 May 20, 01:55 PM  
Link to this Post
SquishTheWhale
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Lisa_Lollipop View Post
I find that Beconase nose spray is much more effective for me than tablets (and works much quicker!). I really feel for them, it makes me so miserable!
My husband suffers awfully and he says this is the only thing that works
SquishTheWhale is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 May 20, 03:08 PM  
Link to this Post
zoe3003
Imagineer

Have you tried local honey? My DH suffers quite badly and now swears by this, he has a teaspoon in his tea every am. I have also seen some hayfever relief wipes recommended on FB today and have ordered some for my son as he is suffering (he takes tablets as doesn't like honey) they were from savers.
SSR & RPR Aug 15
zoe3003 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 May 20, 03:59 PM  
Link to this Post
sbuck93
Apprentice Imagineer

The only thing that works for me is Chlorphenamine, though this makes you very drowsy. Loratidine and Cetirizine do absolutely nothing.

Vegas.Disney.MCFC
sbuck93 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List