Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 19 Aug 20, 10:21 AM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 3
My Wife and I hold hands but I make sure she holds my left hand.

Namely because I am a gentleman. The principle is that your right hand and arm should always remain free so that you can draw your sword and defend her honour.

"PAGING MR MORROW, MR TOM MORROW..."

''I drink Wine and know things''

DVC Owners at SSR since 2003.
Multiple annual visits to America since 1976
Mr Tom Morrow is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Aug 20, 10:22 AM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

Originally Posted by munmun View Post
I often think the younger people believe they are new to everything and the older generations came from home to married and boring.

Frankly many of the things we got up to in our youth would shock my children. We were the generation who first broke the mould by simply moving in together, we had the 'pill' and a much freer lifestyle than the generations before us.

We were I fact freer than the kids today, I moved out of home at 18 to live in London. No one checked on me I used to phone home from a phone box once a week if I remembered and had some change and if my parents were in to answer the phone. No hourly texts and checking up like todays kids who think they are free.

Never forget these oldies holding hands have lived full lives and have come through, let them enjoy it.
We could probably teach them some new tricks 🤔😍
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Aug 20, 10:23 AM  
Link to this Post
mickey house
Imagineer

Originally Posted by 123 View Post
Having read your earlier posts about your preferred method for consuming cream filled chocolate pastries with your wife I'm very surprised to hear you aren't comfortable holding hands
My suggestion regards the profiteroles wouldn't have happened in public (although it didn't happen in privacy either).

I am comfortable doing lots of things indoors that I wouldn't do in public
mickey house is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Aug 20, 10:23 AM  
Link to this Post
Macca04
Imagineer

Mobile

My DH and I have been married 37 years at the end of the month, we’ve never been hand holders. Don’t think there is an age limit to it though just not something we do.
Macca04 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Aug 20, 10:24 AM  
Link to this Post
disneypars
Imagineer

Mobile

Well sorry MH I have to disagree with you. I'm in my 70's and DW isn't (quite) and we still hold hands and hopefully continue to go on holiday for as long as we can.
Old 19 Aug 20, 10:26 AM  
Link to this Post
Pumpkin Pie
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Mr Tom Morrow View Post

Namely because I am a gentleman. The principle is that your right hand and arm should always remain free so that you can draw your sword and defend her honour.
My husband always walks on the outside nearest to the road. I think it is to protect me from getting splashed when the horse drawn carriages go by.
Pumpkin Pie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Aug 20, 10:28 AM  
Link to this Post
disneypars
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Mr Tom Morrow View Post

Also DW walks on the inside when walking on the pavement as in theory I would protect her from getting wet should a vehicle go through a puddle when it's wet. Also carry the umbrella and open the door for her.
Old 19 Aug 20, 10:28 AM  
Link to this Post
mickey house
Imagineer

What I didn't say and this is completely true because when I see older people holding hands I often whisper to my wife "they must be having nookie." That's not to say that older couples who don't hold hands aren't having nookie😀

Edited at 10:32 AM.
mickey house is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Aug 20, 10:29 AM  
Link to this Post
Colette-S
Bon viveur and shopaholic

Colette-S's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Pumpkin Pie View Post
My husband always walks on the outside nearest to the road. I think it is to protect me from getting splashed when the horse drawn carriages go by.
I thought I was the only one who thought like this! However, I was thinking cars rather than carriages!
Colette-S is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Aug 20, 10:30 AM  
Link to this Post
sasperella
Apprentice Imagineer

sasperella's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
I’d love to still hold hands with my husband but he died 12 years ago this month.😢
I’m 67 I link arms with my friend and daughter when we go for a coffee.
Best I can do.😂

Rosen Inn @ Pointe Orlando. Easter 2013, Sept/Oct 2015, Nov/Dec 2017
Wilderness Lodge 2018
AKL 2019, 2020, 2022. Beach Club 2023
sasperella is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List