Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 2 Oct 20, 01:09 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDaffodil
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Loopylooloo View Post
Kitchen makeover is a fantastic idea! Would love to see photos before and after Sue.
I’ll see if I can take the better bits for a before photo 😂 I will show after photos though (as long as I’m happy with the end results 😀 )
DisneyDaffodil is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Oct 20, 07:33 PM  
Link to this Post
MrsBC
VIP Dibber

MrsBC's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 11
Restaurant Reviews: 50

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 10
Guidebook Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by DisneyDaffodil View Post
Due to the change of plans (again, third holiday cancelled for next week) I’m busy here getting paint in for a mini kitchen makeover next week. Poor DH has a week off with nowhere to go, so we felt we may as well put it to some use and paint our (badly needed) kitchen I’m also going to try renovating our old battered wooden kitchen table and chairs

No before photos (as it’s too bad 😔 ) but at the moment the walls are a sage green and we have old oak units. The whole kitchen is quite old and should be replaced but I’m not planning that at the moment so it’s just a bit of a freshening up job

I’m going bold (as I often do) and going for grey walls with a cream table and chairs and a new large cream wall clock. Over the next few months I’m having a birthday and Christmas and I’m getting a cream mixer and some kitchen accessories to coordinate the room. I will show the final result on here

We’re also planning a few takeaways and lazy tv evenings next week and have booked a nice meal at a local restaurant next Friday as a treat.

It’s not going to make up for the cancelled holidays to Mexico or Majorca but we’re going to make the most of it 😀
Will be lovely for Christmas. We're starting our bedroom makeover - and I forgot a before pic! I've just emptied my triple wardrobe and top box! The small bedroom now looks like a charity shop! I really don't need to buy any clothes for the next few years DH is going to have a week off soon to decorate, move / get rid of furniture etc (as all local decorators are busy) ready for the carpet coming at the end of the month and the furniture soon after. Exciting.
DCL Magic, DCL Wish
BOOKED - Beach Club Villas Sept '24, Disney Treasure Sept '25
TRIP REPORT INDEX
www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=835984
MrsBC is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Oct 20, 09:15 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDaffodil
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by MrsBC View Post
Will be lovely for Christmas. We're starting our bedroom makeover - and I forgot a before pic! I've just emptied my triple wardrobe and top box! The small bedroom now looks like a charity shop! I really don't need to buy any clothes for the next few years DH is going to have a week off soon to decorate, move / get rid of furniture etc (as all local decorators are busy) ready for the carpet coming at the end of the month and the furniture soon after. Exciting.
Good luck with the project. I really should clear my wardrobes, I’m a bit of a hoarder when it comes to clothes. Can’t wait to see your after photo 😀
DisneyDaffodil is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Oct 20, 06:39 PM  
Link to this Post
MrsBC
VIP Dibber

MrsBC's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook
Good luck with the project. I really should clear my wardrobes, I’m a bit of a hoarder when it comes to clothes. Can’t wait to see your after photo 😀
I've been ruthless - lots to take down to the Hospice charity shop! My knicker drawer has had a good sort out too - now looking for one of the charities that send bras to 3rd world countries as I've got loads that didn't quite fit right once I put them on!
DCL Magic, DCL Wish
TRIP REPORT INDEX
MrsBC is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Oct 20, 07:17 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDaffodil
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by MrsBC View Post
I've been ruthless - lots to take down to the Hospice charity shop! My knicker drawer has had a good sort out too - now looking for one of the charities that send bras to 3rd world countries as I've got loads that didn't quite fit right once I put them on!
I always feel better that it’s going to a good cause by taking my clothes to a charity shop. I remember sending mine and Georgia’s bras to a charity’s address in Scotland once but I’m not sure where now.
Old 3 Oct 20, 07:50 PM  
Link to this Post
Mel49
Imagineer

Mel49's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 3
I always feel better that it’s going to a good cause by taking my clothes to a charity shop. I remember sending mine and Georgia’s bras to a charity’s address in Scotland once but I’m not sure where now.
Don't know if you are thinking of Smalls for All which is based in West Lothian who take new or "gently used" bras and new pants and send/deliver to third world countries. I have linked their website and they also have a facebook page smallsforall/get-involved/donate/
Mel49 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Oct 20, 07:57 PM  
Link to this Post
MrsBC
VIP Dibber

MrsBC's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook
Originally Posted by Mel49 View Post
Don't know if you are thinking of Smalls for All which is based in West Lothian who take new or "gently used" bras and new pants and send/deliver to third world countries. I have linked their website and they also have a facebook page smallsforall/get-involved/donate/
Thanks, if I can't find a local one (I know our chemo unit used to collect bras to send away) I'll use them. All the bras have literally just been tried on!
DCL Magic, DCL Wish
TRIP REPORT INDEX
Old 3 Oct 20, 08:28 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDaffodil
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Mel49 View Post
Thank you, that was the one. My DD had a lot of small bras that she had barely worn as she was a teenager and growing and I had a few barely worn ones too and I remember thinking this was such a good cause to donate to
Old 5 Oct 20, 06:33 PM  
Link to this Post
greekgranny
Imagineer

I’m sure my SiL had dwarf tulips in her border a few years ago, so I think they are a thing. They would be lovely in a hanging basket
Well, blow me down. Have just been reading the Caravan Club magazine and there is an advert for 50 short tulip bulbs
That's that sorted
How is the decorating going?
Old 5 Oct 20, 06:41 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDaffodil
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by greekgranny View Post
Well, blow me down. Have just been reading the Caravan Club magazine and there is an advert for 50 short tulip bulbs
That's that sorted
How is the decorating going?
That’s great news, sometimes we find what we want where we least expect them 😀

Decorating going well, ceiling and walls painted, although they may need a top coat/touch up tomorrow. I’ve sanded down the old table and chairs, all by myself, and I’ve painted one chair so far. So it’s all going well. DH thinks the grey is too dark, but I like it. I think it will look good with the cream table and chairs and I’m hoping to get cream curtains too. We usually paint the room green or lemon so it is a dramatic change