Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 14 Oct 20, 01:46 PM  
Link to this Post
megaflyer
Imagineer

Originally Posted by wanye View Post
just found these 4000iu ones on amazon lightning deal right now... £7 for a years supply (the ones i have that i linked earlier are 5000iu for a tenner)

amazon/gp/product/...nguag e=en_GB
The is the exact ones I take and I paid £6.50 only last week
megaflyer is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Oct 20, 01:52 PM  
Link to this Post
wanye
Imagineer

another lesson that amazon prime day and lightning deals arent always what they cracked up to be.

still a third of the price of the 1000iu ones from boots that were linked earlier though
wanye is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Oct 20, 01:57 PM  
Link to this Post
megaflyer
Imagineer

another lesson that amazon prime day and lightning deals arent always what they cracked up to be.

still a third of the price of the 1000iu ones from boots that were linked earlier though
Boots are way overpriced for health food and vitamins. Amazon every time 👍
megaflyer is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Oct 20, 02:09 PM  
Link to this Post
FlorayG
Imagineer

FlorayG's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 9

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 1
Guidebook Reviews: 2
Mobile

Just make sure you are buying a decent known brand. Many cheaper vitamins don't actually contain what they say they do so are actually a waste of money.
I've been taking vitamin D daily for over ten years
When you start to get old ( like in your 80+ years) it's proven to help prevent falls and to make bones stronger and it also protects against many cancers
FlorayG is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Oct 20, 03:13 PM  
Link to this Post
Amazing-Grace
Imagineer

Amazing-Grace's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 5
Mobile

just found these 4000iu ones on amazon lightning deal right now... £7 for a years supply (the ones i have that i linked earlier are 5000iu for a tenner)

amazon/gp/product/...nguag e=en_GB
Sorted thank you 😊
Old 14 Oct 20, 03:18 PM  
Link to this Post
MariaLynda
VIP Dibber

are there any side effects of taking these high doses?

Ridgewood Lakes Oct 1999 : Westridge May 2001 : Florida Pines Jan 2003 : Crescent Lakes May '05 : Sandy Ridge May '09 : Sandy Ridge Sept/Oct '10 : Tuscan Ridge April/May '12 : Emerald Island Nov '14 : Windsor Palms May '16 : Emerald Island April/May '18
MariaLynda is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Oct 20, 03:31 PM  
Link to this Post
snowbelle
Imagineer

I take Vit D as my mum thinks she may have had Covid in March ( I was working away so didn't go and see her )she had all the symptoms and was very unwell which is unlike her , she takes Vit D on advice of her Dr so I think she could have been far worse without it.

Costco Vit D3 600 tabs are about £4.50 a tub, Grape tree is also good value for Vit D3 tablets.
snowbelle is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Oct 20, 03:35 PM  
Link to this Post
snowbelle
Imagineer

Originally Posted by FlorayG View Post
Just make sure you are buying a decent known brand. Many cheaper vitamins don't actually contain what they say they do so are actually a waste of money.
I've been taking vitamin D daily for over ten years
When you start to get old ( like in your 80+ years) it's proven to help prevent falls and to make bones stronger and it also protects against many cancers

It is an offence under the Food Safety Act 1990 to falsely describe food or likely to mislead as to the nature or substance ( quote)

Vitamins are sold as food supplements ,what do they contain other than stated on the label ?

Edited at 03:51 PM.
snowbelle is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Oct 20, 03:47 PM  
Link to this Post
wanye
Imagineer

Originally Posted by MariaLynda View Post
are there any side effects of taking these high doses?
yes, but only if youre taking large high doses for a prolonged period of time... unless youre on over 10000iu a day, i wouldnt worry about it. if you think you need that much, i'd go see a doctor and get your levels checked.

--

The main consequence of vitamin D toxicity is a buildup of calcium in your blood (hypercalcemia), which can cause nausea and vomiting, weakness, and frequent urination. Vitamin D toxicity might progress to bone pain and kidney problems, such as the formation of calcium stones.

mayoclinic/healthy-l...y/faq-20058108

Taking 60,000 international units (IU) a day of vitamin D for several months has been shown to cause toxicity. This level is many times higher than the U.S. Recommended Dietary Allowance (RDA) for most adults of 600 IU of vitamin D a day.
wanye is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Oct 20, 03:54 PM  
Link to this Post
LostPrincess
Serious Dibber

I ws diagnosed with low levels back in 2015. I'm normally good at taking vitamins but I ran out a few weeks ago. I'm currently on my third day of being miserable and worrying about covid and lying in bed moping, dozing in and out and wasting the day... This thread has kicked me up the bum and I've now ordered more supplements so thank you
LostPrincess is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List