Notices
Reports and Reviews for Dining and Restaurants Trip Reports

Old 1 Jun 19, 03:36 PM  
Link to this Post
NatalieG
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 6
20 nights of fun & food - Onsite (DDP) & Offsite Noms in August 2019!

Hmm, how do I begin? I have all the best intentions of completing a full trip report but I know it probably wont happen - however, food is a different matter entirely! One of the best things about an Orlando holiday is the food, right?

Cast

Natalie (Me) - 30 years young, Primary School Teacher and holiday planner. This will be my 4th time to Florida and I think I'm more excited for this one than I ever have been before.

Will (DH) - 27, Project Manager for a shop outfitters. Happy to go along with my obsessive planning 2nd time in Florida and very excited about the opening of Galaxy's Edge!

Noah (DS) - Will be 15 months old when we go. 1st visit. Loves animals, Iggle Piggle and going on adventures. I'm absolutely convinced that he's going to love it there as he has thoroughly enjoyed visits to Alton Towers, Drayton Manor, Chessington and Legoland!

We will also be going with our two friends Hannah (25) and T (28). Two absolute legends and adopted Aunties to Noah.

The Plans
We are flying out with British Airways (got bargain flights for £350pp!) on the 11th August - 31st August. We are so excited about the opening of Galaxy's Edge and will be braving it on the second day of opening. Wish us luck

First 6 nights @ Disney's Old Key West with the DDP.
Next 8 nights @ Ramada Gateway Kissimmee.
Next 4 nights @ Universal's Endless Summer Surfside Inn.
Last 2 nights @ Disney's All Star Music.

We also have Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party booked for opening night. So excited! We’re going as Bo, Woody and Buzz from TS4

Food Plans
We have our table service restaurants booked for our first week in Disney. We will be going to...

Be Our Guest (Lunch)
Ohana (Dinner)
Teppan Edo (Dinner)
Boma (Dinner)
Storybook Dining with Snow White (Dinner)
Be our Guest (Breakfast)
Garden Grill (Breakfast)
Coral Reef Restaurant (Dinner)

The other eats will be what we feel like on the day, although I am wanting to try Woody's Lunchbox and to get the orange chicken from Lotus Blossom Cafe because, to me, it is Heaven on a plate! We're also wanting to get something from Galaxy's Edge but we wont be on the dining plan at this point (and the queues might be around 17 years long), so we'll see. Will and I are pretty rubbish at eating greens so please excuse the lack of veg on our plates Noah, however, did Baby Led Weaning and is an absolutely amazing little eater. He will probably share our meals as he doesn’t eat a huge amount and we find the portion sizes in the USA rather large! Somewhere to put the green stuff - sorted!

Now, let's talk about the most important thing of all. SNACKS. All of the snacks. The hubby and I have 24 snack credits to use between us and we have decided to share things in order to try more. So far, these are the ones that we want to get...
Tried before and loved...
Cream Cheese Pretzel
Dole Whip
Carrot Cake Cookie
All new and wanting to try...
Cinnamon Roll from Gaston's Tavern
Woody's Lunchbox Tart - Hazelnut
Cookie Num Num
Key Lime Pie on a Stick
Pulled Pork Mac and Cheese
Halloween Snacks at the Party
Poutine
Castle Cupcake
Cookies and Cream Funnel Cake
Churro Ice Cream Sandwich
Night Blossom Drink
Blueberry Mousse from Satuli

We recently bought All Day Dining for our SeaWorld day so that's one day that we don't need to account for. The rest of the holiday will be done a little more carefully financially and we will be eating at places such as Denny's, IHOP, Culvers etc. Hoping to get a trip into Sugar Factory too.

Righty, I think that's pretty much it so far! I shall be updating as I think of more and will then try and do live updates whilst we're there.

Thanks for reading (if you got this far!)

Update - 14/7/18
I’ve bought a Landry’s Card so we’ve booked dinner at Rainforest Cafe at AK and we’re having dinner at Bubba Gumps! Pretty excited about these! We’re also looking forward to eating some of the amazing snacks on offer on the first day of the EPCOT Food and Wine festival!

Past Visits: 2012 (WDW), 2013 (WDW), 2015 (WDW), 2017 (DLP), 2019 (WDW), 2023 (WDW - 50th Anniversary).
Planned Upcoming Visits: December 2023 (WDW)

Edited at 08:32 PM.
NatalieG is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Jun 19, 08:49 PM  
Link to this Post
theCMG
Imagineer

theCMG's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 8
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Sounds great love that snack selection
The Prisoner of Vineland Mall (2019) Orlando passion, romance and fine dining...ok so it's mainly eating
Scream if you want to go Fatter! (2018) This report contains images some dieters may find distressing!
The 12 Days of Easter (2015) Rumoured to contain up to one good joke. Let me know if you find it
theCMG is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Jun 19, 09:39 PM  
Link to this Post
collybird
Imagineer

Your plans sound great, your choice of hotels and restaurants is fabulous.
collybird is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Jun 19, 09:40 PM  
Link to this Post
Forest32
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

Sounds like you have an amazing trip planned. We also fly out on August 11th and are staying at OKW. I’m also a primary school teacher so restricted to holiday time, but I’m hoping the second half of August will be a bit quieter!
Forest32 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Jun 19, 09:50 PM  
Link to this Post
NatalieG
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Originally Posted by theCMG View Post
Sounds great love that snack selection
Thank you! I do love a Disney snack or two BTW, I loved reading your most recent dining report!

Originally Posted by collybird View Post
Your plans sound great, your choice of hotels and restaurants is fabulous.
Thank you I’m a little apprehensive about the Ramada, but to us, it’s just a base. As long as it’s safe and clean, I’ll be happy. I also like the fact that there’s a few places to eat in walkable distance. Are you staying at an All Star Resort on your next holiday?

Originally Posted by Forest32 View Post
Sounds like you have an amazing trip planned. We also fly out on August 11th and are staying at OKW. I’m also a primary school teacher so restricted to holiday time, but I’m hoping the second half of August will be a bit quieter!
Haha great minds! who are you flying with? It’s so hard being restricted to the holidays, but I’ve only ever been in August so I don’t have a quieter time to compare it to. I do know that it does get quieter towards the end but, with the opening of GE, I’m not sure whether that will be the same this year!

Past Visits: 2012 (WDW), 2013 (WDW), 2015 (WDW), 2017 (DLP), 2019 (WDW), 2023 (WDW - 50th Anniversary).

Edited at 09:53 PM.
NatalieG is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Jun 19, 10:05 PM  
Link to this Post
Forest32
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

We are flying with Virgin from Manchester. We stayed at POFQ at the beginning of the summer holidays last year and crowd levels weren’t too bad. I’ve signed up with Touring Plans and they are predicting low visitor numbers at the end of August. Fingers crossed!
Forest32 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Jun 19, 07:34 AM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 43
You've got some great plans for this summer. I like the look of your snack list, some of my favourites on there. I've seen the key lime pie on a stick, it does look delicious I'm keen to try that out too. Hope you have a brilliant time and I'm looking forward to the food report.

Link to all my completed trip reports
2017: NYC and Orlando. Salzburg. Boston.
2018: Orlando. Berlin.
2019: DLP. Orlando. Washington DC.
2020: DLP.
2021: Jamaica. Rome.
2022: Orlando.
2023: Orlando. Niagara and Toronto.
Goldia is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jul 19, 07:06 PM  
Link to this Post
NatalieG
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
A little update above! 28 days to go

Old 14 Jul 19, 07:31 PM  
Link to this Post
Craig_ld
Earning More Ears

Sounds like its going to be fantastic , seems well thought out , looking forward to your updates when they arrive. The next 3.5 weeks will fly by . Have a lovely holiday
Craig_ld is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Aug 19, 09:13 AM  
Link to this Post
NatalieG
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Travel Days

Travel Days

So, I’ve already fallen at the first hurdle. I have 2 photos for 2 days of travelling - sorry! Lol. In my defence, it’s been a stressful two days of travelling with a 1 year old! I won’t normally write as much as this when I actually have food piccies but it’s 4am here and I’m wide awake!

Our first travel day (Saturday) saw us flying from Manchester to Heathrow. We had a McDonalds on the way (classy bird!) and we still arrived fair early at the airport. All going well so far! Then, we found out we were delayed and the delay ended up being over 3 hours. We also left the walkway, parked up then had to return as there was a mix up with luggage. However, British Airways somehow made up some serious time and we landed 2hrs and 59mins late which means we’re not entitled to any compensation. That’s how I read it, anyway. Please correct me if I’m wrong!

The flight was quite bumpy going up but fairly uneventful. We didn’t have anything to eat. We then waited over an hour for our full luggage. NOT impressed! I’m not one to complain but I was getting really cross as there was zero communication and we started to think some luggage was lost, Our amazing transfer driver to Gatwick stopped at a services for us on the way to the Travelodge and we had another McDonalds. 2 in one day. By this point, we were tired and fed up! We finally got to the hotel around 10pm and crashed out!

Yesterday, thankfully, was much smoother! We got to the airport and had breakfast in Wetherspoons. I’m a bit of a nervous flyer, so I just had a bacon sandwich and Will had the traditional breakfast. Noah shared Wills.

The flight was pretty great, to be fair! I didn’t eat much though as it’s not easy with a 1 year old on your lap! Will and I both had chicken casserole and it was quite nice. Noah had his own food that I had brought along for him. The chocolate and sea-salt pudding was amazing though and he helped us eat that! We also had Magnums which, as you can see, Noah enjoyed immensely! Everything in moderation (although maybe moderated slightly less than at home?! ).

Getting through the airport was fairly painless, however we made the massive error of putting our cases on the second belt. NEVER AGAIN. We waited for them for about an hour as the belt was off due to lightning. When they did turn up, they were sodden. The Magical Express was lovely and we arrived at our hotel in good time. We ordered groceries from Garden Grocer (slightly dearer than some but super easy to use!) so we have drinks, milk and a few goodies to see us through the next few days! I refuse to spend nearly $5 on a bottle of water!

As we were all hungry by this point, we popped into Disney Springs and got a pizza from Blaze. It was so good! Noah was crashed out in the buggy by this point so Will and shared a pizza. It was basically a meat feast and tasted delicious! It was also just the right amount.

We then came back to the hotel for about 10 and crashed! A long but good day and we’re FINALLY here!

I will only do this for Will and myself. The girls are keeping a tab of their own credits!

Snack Credits Used - 0
Snack Credits Left - 24
Quick Service Credits Used - 1
Quick Service Credits Left - 23
Table Service Credits Used - 0
Table Service Credits Left - 12
Food Money Spent Today - Around £20 on breakfast at the airport
Total Food Money Spent - £20

Hoping to get more precise as we go along - we’ll see! Thanks for reading if you got to the end and I’ll hopefully update when I can! Tomorrow, we have an early lunch at Be Our Guest and dinner at Ohana!

Edited at 09:45 AM.