Reports and Reviews for Dining and Restaurants Trip Reports

Old 15 Feb 20, 06:41 PM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 43
I hope the poorly child feels better soon. I'm keen to try that French dip sandwich at BOG, we've not done lunch before and it looks really tasty, I'll remember not to have a big breakfast beforehand though.

Link to all my completed trip reports
2017: NYC and Orlando. Salzburg. Boston.
2018: Orlando. Berlin.
2019: DLP. Orlando. Washington DC.
2020: DLP.
2021: Jamaica. Rome.
2022: Orlando.
2023: Orlando. Niagara and Toronto.
Goldia is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Feb 20, 08:43 PM  
Link to this Post
Ivegottadream
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Sorry to hear your little one isn't feeling the best, how she perks up soon.
Great start to the food report, following with interest.
Ivegottadream is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Feb 20, 05:33 PM  
Link to this Post
rinroo
Very Serious Dibber

rinroo's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 4
Originally Posted by Loobylou_82 View Post
Good start. I assumed you had upgraded your child's meal to an adult's because you were going to order her an adults meal, I was surprised when I read you had ordered her a child's meal. Looking forward to the next installment.
Yeah we upgraded purely for us to utilise her credits for extra snacks and breakfast (teenager with hollow legs) plus she doesn’t eat mac & cheese, only eats uncrustables occasionally and doesn’t eat nuggets or chips. So to have the option to order from the adult menu was a plus. We upgraded being happy to pay oop for her meals but when I upgraded I was told I wouldn’t be able to order a child’s meal on an adult credit so I’m testing this at different places. It’s really mixed.
*DLP Santa Fe 03-04-05-07**First WDW Trip Oct/Nov 2011**Sept/Oct 2014 RPR-AKV-POFQ**Christmas/NYE 2015/16 OKW BCV AKV* *Nov/Dec 2018 OKW - Daisy’s 1st Trip* *Feb 2020 POR/OKW* *Feb 2024 Dibb Villa ASM OKW AKL 3 weeks with just 3 of us*
rinroo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Feb 20, 05:59 PM  
Link to this Post
rinroo
Very Serious Dibber

rinroo's Reviews
Day 4 - Epcot

Really warm again today and Epcot is packed. We headed towards lotus blossom cafe as it’s one of my fave QS spots.

We chose orange Chicken (no photo sorry) beef Noodles and egg rolls.

This is where the toddler decided to decorate the table in vomit.

The staff were just as mortified as I was, only plus was it was still early 11ish so it wasn’t packed with lunchtime diners.

We plodded on round Epcot whilst the toddler slept and got the shaved ice kakigori from Japan for a snack credit.

We then popped over to Art if Animation on the skyliner as I wanted to redeem my refillable mug for the travel mug for an extra $10 but I didn’t want the star wars one they had at POR a cast member said AOA had skyliner ones which they did so I grabbed one of them. I’ll edit with a pic as It’s not on me right now.

We headed back towards Epcot and stopped at the Yorkshire fish and chip shop. It was fish and chips all round, but this wasn’t as good as I remembered. The fish was really “fishy” I know that sounds weird but I can’t explain it. We sat to the right of the Yorkshire fish and chip shop and we were inundated with squirrels and those white long beaked birds. No idea what they’re called. They were such a menace. We were luckily under an umbrella but others were having their food stolen left, right and Center!

Then it was back to the resort as the child had a fever.
So Advil all round

*DLP Santa Fe 03-04-05-07**First WDW Trip Oct/Nov 2011**Sept/Oct 2014 RPR-AKV-POFQ**Christmas/NYE 2015/16 OKW BCV AKV* *Nov/Dec 2018 OKW - Daisy’s 1st Trip* *Feb 2020 POR/OKW* *Feb 2024 Dibb Villa ASM OKW AKL 3 weeks with just 3 of us*
rinroo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Feb 20, 06:05 PM  
Link to this Post
rinroo
Very Serious Dibber

rinroo's Reviews
Day 5 - I spent in the room with the toddler whilst everyone else had a shopping day so no food pics.

Day 6 - Hollywood studios

We started with snacks - Num Num cookie and a Mickey pretzel from the incredibles area. The num num is huge and really sickly easily shareable with 3 people although the teenager disagrees!

We decided to watch Indiana jones as we’ve not watched it for ages so we grabbed soft serve ice cream from Dinosaur Gerties

We grabbed a late lunch from Rosies All American Cafe.
The toddler and hubby wanted a foot long hotdog and the teenager wanted chicken nuggets

The neice chose a 7 layer chicken rice bowl

Grilled Chicken served over Cilantro Rice, Black Beans, Fire-roasted Corn Medley, Pico de Gallo, and Cilantro-Lime Sour Cream topped with Cheddar

She said this was delicious.

I wanted a salad so chose the fairfax salad

Pulled Pork, Wedge Salad, Bacon, Fire-roasted Corn Medley, Crispy Tortilla Strips and Cheddar served with a Jalapeño Ranch Dressing

Again this was delicious, it had a slight kick but not too much heat.

We grabbed Publix sandwiches for tea when we popped in for some bits

Edited at 06:20 PM.
Old 16 Feb 20, 08:09 PM  
Link to this Post
voddygirl
Imagineer

Glad your wee girls feeling better

Sept 1992 and 1996-Travelodge Maingate East
Sept 1997-Econolodge Hawaiin West
April 2004-Travelodge Maingate East
Sept 2006-Quality Inn Plaza
Oct 2008-Southern Dunes-Dibb villa
Jan 2010-The Dolphin & HRH-My 40th & Sept 2nd trip
Dec 2012 The Retreat Legacy Park -Dibb villa
March 2017 HRH Chicago
Sep 2017 The Retreat Legacy Park-Dibb villa
March 2018 Avanti Resort & HRH Daytona
voddygirl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Feb 20, 08:26 PM  
Link to this Post
Tassiriki
Helping Minnie

Glad the toddler is feeling better. Annoying as it is to spend a day in the room on holiday, I think the recovery time is so much faster if you do versus ploughing on! Vital with a vomiting bug too.
Nice varied meal at Hollywood Studios. Sorry the fish and chips were a disappointment.

Edited at 08:28 PM.
Tassiriki is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Feb 20, 04:05 PM  
Link to this Post
rinroo
Very Serious Dibber

rinroo's Reviews
Day 7

Only have breakfast photos today as we met up with friends in celebration and the day ran away with us so no pics.

Standard breakfast bounty platter and a side item, cinnamon bun

Magic cookie bar, this is so moorish
Old 17 Feb 20, 04:55 PM  
Link to this Post
rinroo
Very Serious Dibber

rinroo's Reviews
Day 8 - Animal kingdom

It’s the start of presidents weekend and the parks are heaving. First stop of the day was kusafiri bakery. The teen and the neice wanted a colossal cinnamon bun and these were as delicious as always!

Hubby had a chocolate twist danish, this was so moorish

I opted for the elephant ear. This wasn’t great, it tasted stale and was so chewy and tough.

The toddler had fruit but no pic of that as well, it’s just fruit.

Lunch was at satuli canteen. We mobile ordered but secured a table first. If you’re mobile ordering from here it’s worth noting that people queue in the mobile order line even though their order isn’t ready to collect. Once you get notification your order is ready skip the mobile order line and go straight to the counter. Otherwise you’ll be queuing for no reason.

We ordered beef & noodles and beef & chicken with noodles but they gave us 4 x beef so I had to go back and they gave us two bowls of chicken they were huge!

We left the park after a while and headed over to Jambi house as it’s one of our favourite resorts. We nipped in to the Mara for snacks.,

Toddler had a yoghurt

Obviously had to get Zebra domes as that’s the rule

The neice got a chocolate cupcake

And the teen and neice shared frozen POG juice and a frozen strawberry lemonade

The frozen pog juice is amazing!

The hubby and teen got peckish before we left AKL so we popped back to the Mara whilst they got chicken nuggets and a burger.

Then it was back to the park for rivers of light

We grabbed a frozen lemonade

And topped up the popcorn bucket.

As it stands now we’re struggling

We only have 3 more days before our credits expire.
Old 17 Feb 20, 05:00 PM  
Link to this Post
rinroo
Very Serious Dibber

rinroo's Reviews
Day 9 - Florida Mall & Magic Kingdom

We’re determined to use our credits so we popped to the food court for breakfast. It was a bit of a mix. We had a bounty platter, we all had a strawberry yoghurt parfait, bagels and a cinnamon bun. The yoghurt is lovely.

We had lunch a Florida mall. The hubby, teen & neice all had five guys. I don’t like burgers much so I opted for Ugreans. I always do when I’m here.

They ordered 3 cheeseburgers, large fries, strawberry milkshake, large coke & a bottle of water and I think it was around $52 which I think is expensive for burgers.

I had a choose your own salad with chicken and a fruit pot. The salad could easily feed 2 they’re huge.

When we were leaving the food court I was clearing the table and went to put my salad and left over fruit in the bin when from nowhere a man literally snatched the tray right from my hands and ran to the exit of the food court throwing the empty tray behind him. It was clear he wanted the left over meal but it really shook me up I hadn’t even spotted him when I was eating nor when I got up from the table. I’ve never experienced anything like it before.

We headed over to Magic Kingdom as we had fasspasses and we were watching the fireworks.

Snacks were in order so we grabbed a Peter Pan float

A Mickey sundae (well we got two of these) the ears were cookie dough

And a ice cream cup which cane with a cute Minnie wafer. The bow Is chocolate

We also grabbed cheeseburger spring rolls. None of us were a fan of these. They tasted like a Big Mac, but it was just wrong. I don’t know can place why I didn’t like them.

Once we got back to the resort we were peckish so the teen and neice had pizza, they’d already eaten most of theirs before I could get a pic. The toddler had a plain ham sandwich which they were happy to make for us.

I had a Hoagie(?) it was turkey, ham, bacon, cheese, lettuce and tomatoes . It was delicious.

And the hubby had what the resort stayed was a french did. It was beef with melted cheese. He said this was just OK, it filled a gap.

Edited at 05:25 PM.