Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 10 Jun 20, 06:10 PM  
Link to this Post
JediMuM
Imagineer

Has anyone Traveled in a group of 11 or more ?

Hi guys
So we decided a few weeks ago to move our booking from this year to next ..
I now have an extra 2 people added to our booking for taking us to 11 on the booking.
We have
4 x 60+ Yo .. 2 will need scooters
4 x 30s/40s yo
2 x 18 yo
1 x 15 yo
The teenagers have been many times and it's more about them getting to take their grandparents for their first trip (it's taken 17 years of convincing to get them on a plane lol)
Normally it's just me oh and kids .. so only 5 of us so I have no experience of bigger groups or scooters ..

We are booked with VH for flights and HRH then direct with Disney for Beach Club (but may change to yaucht club when I change to next year .. waiting to see if offers)

Does anyone have any advice please ?

I'm hoping to book DDP (if available then) and I'm not sure how hard it will be to get tables for 11 .. I know trying to get for 9 was hard enough.

We have v room booked .. do you think we can reserve tables as I know depending on times it can be hard to get seated together ?

Can we request rooms together ?

Also anything else that would help ... thanks guys
Old 10 Jun 20, 09:30 PM  
Link to this Post
holidayforever
Serious Dibber

We have gone a few times as 11 ,
2x 60 + ( me + DH )
3 x sons
2 x daughter in laws
4 x grandchildren
We always got tables of 11 except once when we had to split into 2 tables near each other . ( Gratuities are added automatically as a larger party ) .
We did email 3 weeks before going to request rooms together, email back was they would try but could not guarantee, and asked again when checking in at hotel didn’t always get them next to each other but always as near as possible.
holidayforever is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Jun 20, 09:35 PM  
Link to this Post
JediMuM
Imagineer

Fab .. thanks for getting back to me Hun.
Everyone is leaving it to me as according to them I'm the planning nutter 😱 xxx
Old 10 Jun 20, 09:46 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyBride08
Apprentice Imagineer

There was 10 of us that I booked for our wedding in 2008. We got all rooms together when we arrived at POFQ. Now I would send in a request before we travelled. Didn't have a problem booking tables back then but I remember having to call a group booking number to book the tables.

My parents in their 60s at the time did their own thing when they got in the holiday routine. They enjoyed pottering around the resort. We tired to go to the parks in a big group a few times but it got too much as you can't please everyone. I remember it taking two hours for us to get down main street. We did have a table service meal booked everyday and we would all meet at that and share our stories of the day. Sometimes we did stuff together as a group, sometimes in groups of 4 or 6 etc.

1996 WDW Offsite / 2001 DLP HNY / 2002 WDW ASM / 2004 DLP NB / 2008 Our Wedding Trip WDW POFQ & GF / 2009 - WDW CSR / 2010 DLP with bump! NB / 2012 WDW AKL / 2013 DLP HC

Our 2017 return DCL / BC / Universal HRH Vlogs
DisneyBride08 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Jun 20, 10:20 PM  
Link to this Post
salmim
Imagineer

salmim's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Mobile

Love big parties.
We had 16 in 97, SF, Vegas then OKW😊
14 in 2014 to OKW.

Down to 4 this year (hopefully)

Have a fantastic trip
salmim is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Jun 20, 10:22 PM  
Link to this Post
salmim
Imagineer

salmim's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Mobile

Originally Posted by salmim View Post
Love big parties.
We had 16 in 97, SF, Vegas then OKW😊
14 in 2014 to OKW.

Down to 4 this year (hopefully)

Have a fantastic trip
Oh I forgot my nieces wedding at Portofino Bay...28 of us😊😊😊😊
salmim is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Jun 20, 11:02 PM  
Link to this Post
Lozzi
Trainee Dibber

Mobile

14 of us going this year...nightmare at mo 😳
Lozzi is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Jun 20, 10:02 AM  
Link to this Post
Minnie4Mickey
Imagineer

We have been as a group of 13 + before.

We didnt do the Disney Dining, purely because we stayed in a villa as it worked out better price for us.

We ate mostly off site, but we had a few on site meals booked and we got tables together. Some places we were split over two tables, but it worked out fine. We LOVE going in a big group, its so nice to have a lot of the family there together, we also try not to follow a strict plan when there are so many of us and we tend to go with the flow because with that many of you its hard to keep everyone pleased at all times haha.

Also be prepared for a bit of faffing lol, when 7 of you are ready to go you can almost guarantee you will be waiting on some that's why we didn't follow a strict structure. You will have such a fab time though.

We hired one of the big white mini vans, and it was so funny loading everyone in and out each day we actually filmed it once as it was never ending line of people getting out of the car.

Instagram: kimberlys_journeyy
Youtube: Kimberly's Journey
Orlando 16 - Food Report
We got engaged trip 19 - Food Report
Minnie4Mickey is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List