Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 23 Aug 20, 04:11 PM  
Link to this Post
daisymae
Imagineer

Face mask recommendations

I have a few face masks that a friends daughter made for me but I find it really difficult to breathe comfortably in them. Any recommendations on perhaps thinner masks that don’t cost an arm and a leg (ds has an OffWhite one that cost £80 ) I have to wear masks all day so don’t want the disposable ones for after work. Something with nice patterns would be nice.
daisymae is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Aug 20, 05:42 PM  
Link to this Post
Leggibone
Imagineer

Mobile

I made mine - just out of thin poly cotton? Thicker cottons make making them thicker aren’t great for masks (for the reason you say!) happy to talk to you about making something thinner for you
2014 - Rosen Inn International, Hard Rock Hotel, Yacht club and Bay Lake Tower! Mr Bears Grand Adventure, 2015- A sneaky to DLP- Sequoia Lodge, 2016- Another WDW trip... BLT, AKL, HRH and Rosen Inn - Mr Bear takes Boris to WDW, 2022 - Taking the small fry…. Coronado spring addition, 2024 - Riding solo?
Leggibone is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Aug 20, 05:47 PM  
Link to this Post
snowbelle
Imagineer

Home bargains have some pretty ones with Hearts and dotty ones washable thinner than normal and easy to wear £3 for £5
snowbelle is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Aug 20, 05:48 PM  
Link to this Post
lizzie145
Imagineer

Mine is from eco chic, just 2 layers of thin cotton.
Old 23 Aug 20, 05:53 PM  
Link to this Post
Frankie & gang
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

I bought from white stuff. They use offcuts & donate to charity. £3 each. Lucky dip what you get & often get duplicates.
The ones I have are so soft & lovely to wear - not too hot!
Old 23 Aug 20, 05:53 PM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 1
I’ve ordered some from Avon that look quite thin. £14 for 5. Obviously I can’t comment on quality yet but I’ll post back when they arrive. None of the home made ones have suited me. The most comfortable ones we have are some my sister got from Groupon at the start of Covid. They’re the kind made from stretchy material with earholes cut out.

Trip Report Index
sha9 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Aug 20, 05:55 PM  
Link to this Post
bonnies mum
Imagineer

Mobile

I read that cotton masks need to have 3 layers to be effective.
I lined a 2 layer mask with half a cotton handkerchief - it does feel quite think though.
bonnies mum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Aug 20, 06:00 PM  
Link to this Post
rasmus
Imagineer

rasmus's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 2
Weve ordered these

etsy/uk/listing/8042...e_feat_2&frs=1

Will let you know what they're like when they arrive
January 2019-Cabana bay/Homewood suites
rasmus is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Aug 20, 06:05 PM  
Link to this Post
Mel49
Imagineer

Mel49's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 3
I've tried a few but got a pack of 4 (triple layer) in Costco for about £12 and have found them great. The pack had one black with spots, one pink flower, a navy and a black and are adjustable at the sides. I have worn them for a four hour shift at work and did not have to adjust them at all. So much so popping back to Costco tomorrow to try and get some more and a pack of the Men's for my DS.

Edited at 06:09 PM.
Mel49 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Aug 20, 06:43 PM  
Link to this Post
daisymae
Imagineer

Thanks everyone I’ll look at your recommendations. Leggibone I have pm’d you.
daisymae is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List