Notices
General DVC Discussion For discussion on how the DVC works and resort information.

Old 18 Oct 20, 06:25 PM  
Link to this Post

booking not your home resort window

Has DVC changed ? ? ?

I can book all WDW resorts ( not just my home resort ) for next Aug

have they changed the rules about 11 and 7 month windows ? ? ?
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Oct 20, 06:38 PM  
Link to this Post
loola30
VIP Dibber

I just tried and it and had a pop-up saying I wasn't within the 7 month window for my non home resort. Could it be some sort of glitch?
Old 18 Oct 20, 06:47 PM  
Link to this Post
nadya
Imagineer

Just the normal 7 or 11 months home resort for me
nadya is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Oct 20, 07:44 PM  
Link to this Post
dippiedawnie
Imagineer

I checked availability today for next Sept and all availability was show but it won’t let you book anything other than your home resort. I always thought this was a bit pointless to see all availability but it did help me plan today as hoping to move a few days at 7 months and it was easier to compare points per night.

WDW too many times to count
DL 1999
Paris 1996
dippiedawnie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Oct 20, 10:56 PM  
Link to this Post

thanks all

i went to book BC, but of course it wouldnt let me, seems pointless to show them as they are not really available for you to book
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Oct 20, 11:34 PM  
Link to this Post
KarenG
Imagineer

Mobile

I really like to see availability across all resorts as it helps me understand the likelihood of it being available at seven months. Is it just me?
Old 19 Oct 20, 12:14 AM  
Link to this Post
2point
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by KarenG View Post
I really like to see availability across all resorts as it helps me understand the likelihood of it being available at seven months. Is it just me?
Same here, I can get a feel for how likely a 7 month booking is. I've used that info to book ahead of the 7 months to snag the date I want (book 7 months - 7 days, keep the booking until the 7th day comes around and cancel the first 6)
2point is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Oct 20, 08:21 AM  
Link to this Post
keith1973
Imagineer

Originally Posted by KarenG View Post
I’m the same
Old 20 Oct 20, 08:42 PM  
Link to this Post
hscx3boys
VIP Dibber

Yes I agree, helps me plan where i might want to book when the 7 month window is available, the points needed etc.
hscx3boys is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Oct 20, 04:12 PM  
Link to this Post
Shooby doo
Imagineer

Shooby doo's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 12

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Reviews: 1
There was something mentioned on a recent vlog that if you have ever purchased single use points anywhere that the system was also showing those as HR- I mean who would have ever thought that Disney IT could be glitchy! Also mentioned that some 250 odd DVC staffers have been let go !
SD
Raddison Inn LBV '92,Comfort Inn LBV '94,Residence by Marriott LBV '98,Comfort Inn Kids Suite LBV '99Springhill Suites LBV '01,Summerfield suites LBV '03 ,Holiday Inn Sunnspree LBV '04 ,Staybridge Suites LBV '06 ,Caribbean Beach WDW '08 DVC= WLV +SSR '12,SSR '14,SSR +US Royal Pacific '15 SSR '16 AKL/SSR '18 WL/SSR'19 SSR '22
DVC Owner Extraordinare-SSR
Shooby doo is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List