Notices

Old 9 Aug 15, 02:09 PM  
Link to this Post
WileyCoyote
I am not a shopaholic

The no frill, time to chill, 3 flights might make you ill, pre trip

Er,

Remember these closing lines from our November Wedding trippie:

So, in the time honoured tradition of how all my trippies to date have ended : ...

It’s definitely no Florida for us this year…………. And this time we mean it !

Ahem.

It seems they weren't quite true.

I definitely meant it at the time - we had no Disney itch to scratch.

We fully intended to twin Orlando with NYC next year.

We also intended to have a holiday this year for just the two of us , anywhere except Orlando - hey, its a big world ( not a small one)

But then plans changed and my two boys were no longer going away with their Dad.

So we felt couldnt go away and leave them at home.

And all that happened in the last 48 hours.

So glass of nicely chilled Rose in hand yesterday , I was browsing through Kayak, becoming increasingly horrified at the cost of " cheapy" European flights when I devilishly popped in Orlando into the destination box.

OMG, flights for £563 pp with Lufthansa came up - calculator out , did a few rough sums, looking like £4k for a two week holiday for the 4 of us . Pretty nifty.

But had to think about whether Andy would really want to go back - and was stunned when he said - "just book it "

But by then the flights had gone

So a few glasses later and I found flights for £589 with Delta, ok not quite so good but bearable. I clicked through to see the details and was met with the message " the price has changed, its now £488".

Say What - they have gone down

another conflab and discussion about whether we can in fact bear a 15 hour journey and 2 changeovers and what the heck , at 9pm I just booked them

I know, 15 hours and 2 changeovers. Its a travel day from hell.

But with two older teens and only a couple of cases we should manage. We have no more than 2 hr 45mins as a layover and thats at our first airport where no doubt one hour will be spent in immigration.

I did look at direct flights but the cheapest I could see was £670 and it just started to add cost creep to the total.

Anyhoo. flights are booked.

I will give you the gory flight schedule later - I think we are pedalling one of the aircraft as it looks so small and we will visit at least two new states on our air tour - all good fun.

Except I got airsick last time. And now we will take off and land 3 times on one trip . Best be stocking up on plastic bags I think in my handluggage And buy shares in Dove quickly as my mass purchasing in the next 9 days will surely treble market value

And i did add one teeny frill but have stopped myself on any others.

And there is definitely no Disney for me and Andy - maybe DisneyQuest for the boys but none of the other parks.

But thats cool. Im just thrilled to be in the locality.

Of course, there is way more in the " omg I need a holiday" backstory but I will write that later - like after I have actually secured us somewhere to stay so we are not going all Tom Hanks and kipping in the airport lounge .

So lots more to update you all on, including the incredible itinerary .
Our first priority this morning, after confirming that I hadnt dreamt it all and it was actually booked, was to draw up our list of "must eats". Says it all really.

Oh I am so happy to be back in Dibb land

Edited at 02:11 PM.
WileyCoyote is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Aug 15, 02:15 PM  
Link to this Post
Wozi
Imagineer

Yay ... looking forward to reading more. How exciting, look at your countdown
Old 9 Aug 15, 02:21 PM  
Link to this Post
Kellea
VIP Dibber

Can't wait for more x

1993, 2008, 2011 OKW villas 17 nights ( thanks to Irene , 2013 3 nights Renaissance Seaworld, 3 nights HRH Club, 16 nights OKW and DxDDP, 2014 5 nights HRH Club, 16 nights OKW. 2015 15 nights Sheraton Vistana Villages. 2016 3 nights Sheraton New York Times Square, 3 nights HRH club level, 16 night AKL SV, 2 nights BLT. 2017 5 nights OKW, 5 nights BWV, 7 nights BLT, 4 nights HRH club. 2019 3 nights Renaissance (SW), 4 nights HRH CL, 7 nights BLT LV, 7 nights AKL SV

KELLEA
Kellea is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Aug 15, 03:35 PM  
Link to this Post
mariechez
Imagineer

mariechez's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 10
A snippet of a conversation I had with the OH in MK in Jan this year... "no matter what I say in a few months time DO NOT let me talk you into booking again "... enjoy

ORLANDO 03,04,05x2,07,O8,09,10x2,11x2,12x2,13,14,15,16
LV x2,SAN FRAN & LA,CRUISING THE CARIBBEAN,BALTICS ,FJORDS,BAHAMAS,ITALY,
BARCELONA,FRANCE, PORTUGAL,BOSTON, NEW ENGLAND,BELGUIM,GUERNSEY. NEW YORKx3 & MIAMI
mariechez is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Aug 15, 04:48 PM  
Link to this Post
Smithkfs
Imagineer

Really pleased for you Amanda - Can't wait to read some more x x

Kath x

Disney All Stars Movies Resort - 2006
Disney Pop Century Resort - 2007
Disney All Stars Sports Resort - 2010
Disney POFQ - 2013
- Smithy Goes Solo - Sept 2013 - Trip Report
Disney Pop Century Resort - 2015 - Disney and Me - Sept 15 - Trip Report
Smithkfs is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Aug 15, 04:58 PM  
Link to this Post
Pussycat Doll
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
Sounds perfect to me! Pussycat
Pussycat Doll is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Aug 15, 05:07 PM  
Link to this Post
mobeckwith
Imagineer

cant wait for this trippie,i had booked the ncl cruise for next easter hols for dd 21st,and we were excited,but then it turned out she is desperate to go to wwohp.so after much number crunching, booked flights for 9 nights, but lba,ams,bos,mco.have never done indirect before so i will be looking forward to this trippie with bated breath. mo x
mobeckwith is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Aug 15, 05:16 PM  
Link to this Post
Juliemack
waiting impatiently...!

Juliemack's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Wow, look at your countdown - that's very last minute, how exciting
Juliemack is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Aug 15, 06:42 PM  
Link to this Post
Cutiepie
Imagineer

Really pleAsed that you managed to get a holiday booked especially now it's Florida! Yay looking forward to reading more.

Xx
Cutiepie is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Aug 15, 07:57 PM  
Link to this Post
Fuellady
VIP Dibber

15 hours and 2 changeovers - sounds like an average journey to Orlando for us! Honestly, it's not as bad as it sounds, flying from Aberdeen we have to do it this way all the time.

Love that food was the first thing you needed to sort out... hope you managed to find somewhere to lay your heads. Looking forward to hearing more...

All of my trip reports are in this INDEX

My most recent reports are below:
*Complete* A Tale of Two Cities - Washington D.C. & Boston - March 2023
We Love Food! An Offsite Dining Report - May 2022
Fuellady is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List