Notices
Walt Disney World and Florida Trip Reports Trip Reports and Videos

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 1 Jan 15, 04:22 PM  
Link to this Post
WileyCoyote
I am not a shopaholic

Our Wedding,Shopping,Park Hopping Trip Day 3 PART 2 ; MVMCP Parade and Fireworks

Day 3 Friday 14 November Part 2

Ok – the soundtrack to this evening , ahem, do sing along :

Let it Go, I can’t feel my toe, never mind that fake snow, its flipping freezing

Let it Go, no more cookies no, they ran out some time ago , its flipping freezing

Do you want to build a snowman? No man, I need some time to thaw, this wait is such a chore

Andy’s turning blue, And I need the loo, who will keep my spot in this queue ? Its flipping freezing …

Ok, doesn’t quite rhyme, but you get the gist .

This was an evening of waiting . And I wish I liked Ugg Boots, then my feet might not have been quite so cold as I could have bought some earlier in the day.

We left part 1 at the Christmas shop and we were heading off to meet up with Rebecca near the Mine Train at 7pm

Remember – I am looking for a single lady and I forgot to tell her I have my bride ears on so we are both relying on photos from trip reports . Its getting darker by the minute and there is no obvious meeting spot. What can possibly go wrong ?

We settle down on the wall opposite the entrance to Mine Train and Andy gets us a coffee.

Forgetting there must be a Disney byelaw that insists all coffee is to be served at a lava melting temperature and that this one helpfully HAS A STRAW in it to transport the boiling liquid directly to the roof of your mouth .

I had a slurp and nearly went airborne with scalding coffee burning my mouth

I spent the rest of the evening doing that annoying thing with your tongue when you have either a hole in your tooth or loose skin – you know, firkling about convinced there is a fissure the size of a moon crater in your cakehole when there plainly isn’t.

Ooooch, that was HOT. I managed not to spit the coffee onto my ( still) white trousers and once it had reached normal earth temperatures, it was quite pleasant.

Time was ticking and I still couldn’t see Rebecca. We passed on many temptations to pounce on unsuspecting peeps to see if it was her as I just couldn’t be sure.

About 7.30 the CMs formed a line and started to do a sweep of guests checking for wrist bands which I thought was a pretty orderly way of doing it.

It was also about now I had the genius idea of sending Rebecca an email – as I didn’t have her phone number with me ( I know, ace planning, you can imagine how impressed Andy was ..) but I knew her emails came up on her phone.

Bingo, 10 minutes later she appeared – apparently having been sat behind us the whole time in Friars Nook – but not on her own as her husband’s former co-worker Chris had come with her – so the whole time we were looking for her, she was in fact in a pair.

It was lovely to meet her and we exchanged cards ( for our wedding and her birthday).

It was a bit strange , meeting someone you have only ever corresponded with on social networks but we hit it off straight away and I am so pleased that we met up , she was such a warm and friendly person , putting us at ease straight away.

It turned out that Rebecca’s friend Chris is a Disney ride engineer – omg- amazing – who had just moved to Florida – and he was full of interesting facts .

Can you believe that as we walked round Andy said to him “ so , don’t you get bored going into the parks every day” – We just looked at him like “ did you just say that , really, ?”

We did locate some cookies ( at first they seemed almost as rare as SDMT FP+) and hot chocolate at the Village Haus – the cookies were ok – maybe a bit cinammony ? I made a quick stop at the Tangled toilets having heard about the amazing theming – its true, they are tres posh loos.

About 7.45 We headed over to the Jingle Cruise which was pretty much a walk on – it was really funny, I wish I had made a note of the jokes – it was really good fun and we laughed a lot. It was a great icebreaker actually as at first it was like being on some sort of weird blind date thinking of what to say next. But the CM was brilliant and we got chatting about the ride and the jokes and it was great. Really recommend it – they put some great touches on the ride for the Christmas theme and going in the dark made it even better .

From there we headed onto POTC which was less than a 10 minute wait – it was good fun

This is Rebecca and I at the end of the ride

You will see by now I have put on my jumper – but it was quite thin and I wish I had brought my proper Xmas Jumper with me

I think we then looked in on one of the dance parties at the Diamond Horsehoe but it was a slightly surreal experience and the fog effect is a bit weird on the photo.
Still lots of parents and kids were having a good time in there – and it was warm !
Ever seen a Crow and a Cow doing YMCA – me neither – it could leave you mentally scarred …

From here we went over to go onto Peter Pan – it was showing as 30 minute on Standby but Chris and Rebecca were sure it would be shorter and as I had never been on it, we stuck it out – in the end they were both right as it was more like 20 minutes . And its a lot of fun - I am glad I have been on it now

As There were waits at It’s a Small World , we thought it was time to stake out a spot at the Hub again for the fireworks at 9.30.

I have to say they were quite spectacular – I wish I was taller and I made more of an effort this time to look at the fireworks as well as trying to take pics – but here are the pics anyway.

You can tell the ones I took as people’s heads are in the way – then I gave the camera to Andy who had the height advantage and got some better snaps.

The official Disney person’s view look like this …

Ooh, aah

The 5’3”person’s view looks like this

I know, outstanding one of Tinkerbell isn’t it , rolls on floor laughing at totally feeble fail ..

They do get better I promise …

And the 6’4” persons view looks like this ……..

Edited at 08:09 PM.
WileyCoyote is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List