Notices
Walt Disney World and Florida Trip Reports Trip Reports and Videos

Old 11 Jan 15, 08:33 PM  
Link to this Post
WileyCoyote
I am not a shopaholic

Our Wedding,Shopping,Park Hopping Trip Day 5: MK,V&A and OMG. Part 1 Magic Kingdom

The previous day is HERE

As seems to be the norm, we are awake early – it just doesn’t seem possible to lie in on an Orlando holiday !

Once again though we are not in a rush as we have fast passes booked from 0915 which are good for an hour so really we have until 10 to get ourselves back to Magic Kingdom

We are on our way at 0845 – a bit later than I would have liked but it all feels very quiet – my notes tell me we are on the monorail by 0920 so 35 minutes from the Rosen Inn to the Monrail feels pretty good to me .

Its very empty and lovely to take in the decorations in the sunshine –

We are serenaded up Main Street by the Dapper Dans

Our first FP is for BTMRR so it’s a leisurely stroll over to Frontierland

Look at all this space people !

Arty bird shot – you know you have missed it these last two days

Catalogue Man returns

Shameless selfie

The face of a determined walker – and who are all these weirdos around me ?

We are on BTMRRby 10 and we have a great time – its such a fun ride

We take a walk back towards the hub as we can hear the parade – its really good fun and we facetime Andy’s Mum so she can see some of it as well

I think I was shaking it here as per the instruction on the last float !

Great fun and the character interaction with the kids was fantastic .

Into Liberty Square , I love it here

Ooh look …….

Hall of Presidents …..

As we had missed this on the Friday night , we settled in and we enjoyed it – again not something our teens would have gone into but the sort of thing that Andy really enjoys. We went in to the show around 1030 having had a good look around first – its about 25 minutes inside the theatre and the park was noticeably busier already when we came out .

Can you EVER have too many castle pics ?

Across to Fantasyland via the back of the castle, passing a greet character meet

continued in next post

Edited at 08:53 PM.
WileyCoyote is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Jan 15, 08:33 PM  
Link to this Post
WileyCoyote
I am not a shopaholic

We had a FP for Philharmagic ( as its another thing we had never done) but it was saying it was closed and there was a wait till our final FP , we went over to Village Haus for a drink

I had this frozen lemonade slushy – with cream on it – have to say, I didn’t like it all – cream on lemonade is weird and the slushy was too sharp – apparently it was better if you swirled it up – but I gave it to Andy to finish

He was busy with more shameless selfies

It looked as if Philharmagic was now open so we walked round , trying our hand at the sword in the stone – bit no luck – although 10 minutes later someone did manage it . boo

It was definitely getting busier

We are on Philharmagic at 1115 – it was ok , fun but not something I would wait ages for.

Andy was unimpressed with it

From here , it was onto our last FP which was another trip on Mine Train – which we really enjoyed –

It was now lovely and hot, but busy and we had done all we wanted to do – a nice leisurely morning and I have to say it made me like MK in a way I have never done before – just ambling about taking in the details, it was lovely.

We caught the end of the Jolly Holiday Tram act as we left

And these two Characters were hilarious

Time to leave

But not before some more bag firkling …..

So long Walt x

We sneaked in here – assume this must be for a Santa Meet and Greet ?

Some random with a coffee in his hand sneaking in here

We decide to get the ferry back – just missing one , then one comes in and is promptly taken out of service so not wanting to wait anymore we trog back and take the monorail at 1230.

Of course, no day would be complete without some shopping so a quick trip to the Outlets was in order , plus we wanted a light lunch a we knew we couldn’t last until our dinner at V&A later this evening .

So its quick nip to the Vineland Outlets and straight to the foodcourt for a ChinaMax lunch

I had the orange chicken and sesame one - with the fried rice
I really enjoyed it !

Andy had similar but I think he had swopped the orange chicken for a beef dish - hence no pic and with one large soda between us - it came to just under $20

We finished lunch about 1.30 and then had an hour or so mooching the stores where more bargains were purchased

These bags in Armani were $30 each but on a deal so I got the two for $50.

I gave the blue one to my best friend for Christmas , she was thrilled and secretly I really wanted to keep both !

As readers of previous trippies will know, Andy is somewhat impoverished in the trainer department

So of course some new pairs needed to be purchased

These were all on a buy one, get one half price deal so $45 for one lot ( $30 each normal price) and another lot that were $24 for two pairs ( $both pairs on a reduced price of $16 each).

I think the Stan Smith style ones were normal price of $40 . Still ridiculously cheap

Lol, he actually sold about 15 pairs of trainers ( impulse buys, can you believe that ?) before we came away . He really is a human millipede,

I own two pairs of trainers so I find this footwear thing quite amusing , but then as Andy would say, I have more handbags than I can carry at any one time …..

I had by now refused to go into Nike or Adidas any more and opted to bag mind from here on – the occasional sit down was quite welcome
So they were today’s bargains – I meant to post yesterday’s purchases from Walmart but forgot them = here they are :

These were 99c each

I know, what a haul !

Actually we did buy some other things like the Kanka mouth ulcer stuff ( its amazing) and a few other over the counter pharm items that cost a fortune at home but overall we were very restrained

Andy was dissuaded from purchasing the inflatable Santa that was the size of a small shed – he was taken with what a bargain it was – well , not really when it would need a case of its own on the way back plus another baggage fee ! He did try again on our second visit but no Santa came home. He’s watched Deck The Halls and National Lampoons Xmas Vacation too many times I think ….

We were back at the Rosen Inn for around 3pm and spent some time packing up ready for our move to the Yacht Club and Portofino – this pretty much meant taking everything as it was all our wedding clothes, stuff for the photoshoot and clothes for cold and warm weather as it seemed we were due to get both in the next few days.

Pretty much all we left was our bag of laundry and shopping purchases.

We stored everything left in the wardrobe ready for our return in 4 days. ( as it turned out ,we came back in between to drop back the wedding stuff) .

Coming up in Part 2 - our OMG taxi ride to the Grand Floridian and our OMG meal at Victoria and Alberts

Part 2 is HERE

Edited at 08:46 PM.
WileyCoyote is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Jan 15, 08:40 PM  
Link to this Post
gtyrel10
VIP Dibber

Before i even begin reading, have i lost the plot or is Day 5 missing? xx
gtyrel10 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Jan 15, 08:50 PM  
Link to this Post
WileyCoyote
I am not a shopaholic

Originally Posted by gtyrel10 View Post
Before i even begin reading, have i lost the plot or is Day 5 missing? xx
omg, it is day 5, I will change it now - I have been writing Day 5 and Day 6 together - er , is this called a " disney " moment
Old 11 Jan 15, 09:28 PM  
Link to this Post
beck_loz
Imagineer

beck_loz's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2
Great day. Can't believe how pairs of trainers lol
beck_loz is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Jan 15, 09:29 PM  
Link to this Post
SammyScotland
Imagineer

Andy certainly likes his trainers!
Old 11 Jan 15, 10:01 PM  
Link to this Post
Dissie
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 3
Great day. Can't believe the amount of trainers Andy has. I am like you with Kipling bags though
Old 11 Jan 15, 10:12 PM  
Link to this Post
Fuellady
VIP Dibber

What an amazingly relaxed morning at MK Amanda... this is how I see my future, post kids It was so empty at the beginning of the day, and those Christmas decorations are so cute... I must see them in person one day, I must, I must!

Can't beat a bit of shopping again too... but MORE trainers

Looking forward to the next part.

All of my trip reports are in this INDEX

My most recent reports are below:
*Complete* A Tale of Two Cities - Washington D.C. & Boston - March 2023
We Love Food! An Offsite Dining Report - May 2022
Fuellady is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Jan 15, 10:16 PM  
Link to this Post
abiknox
Imagineer

abiknox's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 5
Love that trainer pic, i thought i had lots of shoes!

MK looks lovely, im the same as you, its never been my favourite park but i do enjoy looking around and taking in the atmosphere and details.

That chinese food court food looks divine!

Soooo looking forward to reading post two. Although V&A is food icould never appreciate enough to justify the cost, i LOVE reading people trippies about it.
abiknox is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Jan 15, 10:43 PM  
Link to this Post
KittyBlackDog
Imagineer

Laughing so very hard about Andy's (Catalogue Man/selfies rule) trainers and love that pic of them all!

MK is really lovely when it's quiet. Wel ree lucky to go in Feb last time and first thing each day was like that and it meant we could really appreciate all the little things (oh and a pretty much empty BTMR train almost to ourselves). I feel August is going to be a shock

A great half day. Can't wait to read about your OMG taxi ride

Oh and I love that cute candy Christmas tree decoration, bargain!
KittyBlackDog is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List