Notices
Walt Disney World and Florida Trip Reports Trip Reports and Videos

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 14 Nov 15, 10:17 PM  
Link to this Post
WileyCoyote
I am not a shopaholic

Thrillin',Chillin',Feet are Killin' Day 9: Part 1: Hangovers, Hearing Loss and Hypothermia

Ok
I have to apologise :This installment is very late

Is this because ...

a] We have been traversing the length and breadth of the country eyeing up the hovels called standard student rooms as the beloved eldest faces the prospect of leaving home

b] We have finally faced our wardrobes and have spent hours sorting them out

c] I have been far too busy doing essential holiday stuff for next years trip, by which I mean buying new dresses ( see point above)

d] My 6 hour a day commute has been more like 7 or 8 hours a day so when not viewing hovels , I have been hibernating

Or

e] I discovered that Once Upon a Time , all 5 seasons were on netflix and I have spent the hours when not hibernating or hovel inspecting, gorging myself on catching up. And how hot is Captain Hook

hmmmm, tough choices

Needless to say, all have interfered with trip writing time.
So here is what I have done so far on Day 9 - and I promise I will get the rest done asap

Thursday 27 August

The night following a day that has seen consumption of too much fast food and cocktails plus other “free” beverages is bound to be one of a peaceful nights kip, deep glorious slumber , yes?

No

No no no no

It was a surreal evening

Super snorer did his favourite trick of falling asleep first and thus putting the mockers on anyone else snoozing unless they were in a near state of zombiefication

Somehow I did drift off around midnight but woke up an hour later to the sound of music – no not Julie Andrews and the pesky Von Trapps but some bizarre tune and I lay there for a few minutes in that nether world of being half asleep and half awake trying to work out what on earth was happening.

And whether I was dreaming it or not

And then I realised it was coming from the other side of the room :angry:

It was Connor, who when I asked what the jeff was going on, said the snoring was so loud , he decided to listen to some music – but clearly not through his headphones

Unbelievable Jeff

So I was awake until 2 and nodded off again, waking at 3 as Andy was now feeling poorly

Being a dutiful wife I was very sympathetic and got up to keep him company while he had the chunders

Or maybe I took advantage of the fact that while he was in the bathroom he wasn’t snoring and promptly fell fast asleep around 4 am

I am all heart

But I was by this point completely knackered

And very grateful to sleep until , oh , 7 am

I woke up feeling a bit like this

Chances of making early park entry – lower than a snakes belly.

Expecting to be on my own in the land of the awake for some time, I set off for breakfast with my book, ipad and notepad to write up some notes.

I was in for the long haul

Breakfast was the usual assortment of pastries , cereals, toast etc

Although my selection was pretty feeble , clearly due to sleep deprivation affecting my ability to put together a coherent breakfast offering

And after consuming cocktails ( I absolutely did NOT have a hangover today .. much )

That mimosa was the worst idea – way too acidic and bubbly for my delicate self

I was somewhat surprised when himself loomed over me at 7.30

And even more surprised to hear that midnight DJ Dimwit and his sidekick were also awake

Maybe we will get some park time after all

Andy took a plate of high sugar specials to the boys and they gorged themselves whilst I packed up the last few things and took the bag down to bell services and checked out.

By 0830 we are on our way to the park – and seemingly all quite perky.

A couple more snaps in the lobby as we left

This is our destination today

I had apparently made the observation that I wasn’t in any photos so Andy had the camera today and there are lots of pics like this

And this

And this

And this

Not even exiting the ladies was sacred

So after about 30 minutes strong words were exchanged and normal photo service was resumed – thank goodness for that

The boys run ahead to get onto Forbidden Journey – with advice to use single rider line and we will meet them by the clock tower

We had a more leisurely stroll

Water not needed due to the night before – not at all

Superbly placed lamppost completely ruining the vista

We felt the eyes boring holes into us as we walked past the off siters waiting for park opening

Ah , Seuss Land , I love it

I mean, its just so scenic

Edited at 03:24 PM.
WileyCoyote is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List