Walt Disney World and Florida Trip Reports Trip Reports and Videos

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 18 Dec 15, 08:23 PM  
Link to this Post
WileyCoyote
I am not a shopaholic

Thrillin',Chillin',Feet are Killin' Day 11: Cash, Prang, Dollop

Saturday August 29th - the previous day is HERE

We woke this morning with that sinking feeling that there were only a couple of days left.

It has been so nice to have lots of down time this holiday but with two days left, that’s when you start to think about the things we didn’t do

But after 3 days of being in parks, we all wanted a nice quiet day

I see from my notes that the day started with a “lie in”

In Florida terms , this means 7 am

Ridiculous

I remember when a “ lie in” meant more like 10 or 11 am?

But my “ lie in” was being disturbed by my bite from Busch , which I must have absent mindedly scratched in the night as now it was festering nicely and being really irritating

Oucha

I had also inexplicably developed a whopping bruise on my thigh – I have no recollection of how this happened but it was jeffing painful

I did take a photo but decency prevails – I couldn’t possibly subject you to my pasty , wobbly thighs even though the bruise ( even if I say so myself) is pretty impressive

How on earth can I have done that and not felt it at the time ! ?

Ah well, never mind my decrepit self

Back to the day in hand

Today was a to be a bit of a mix and match – we had decided to take the boys out to Gotha to show them where we got married – why we thought they would be in the remotest bit interested is beyond me but it’s one of those things that we felt we had to share.

Because teenage boys love visiting churches in the middle of nowhere – obviously

I am not sure what was consumed for breakfast – probably something really healthy like mountain dew and cheesecake

We set off for Gotha at 1030- on a route which involved more toll roads than felt entirely necessary

It was tres scenic

But we were soon here

And turning in here

It was certainly warmer than November !

Thrilled teenagers

Happy snaps done , time for some lunch and 4Rivers Smokehouse was the chosen destination as it was in the area ( sort of ). I had looked at Yellowdog Eats as that’s definitely in the area but had decided the menu wouldn’t really suit the boys.

Shame, had I made them starve we might have avoided the next adventure

But dammit, I never pack that crystal ball on these trips

We had been really looking forward to the return to 4Rivers - the boys were a bit nonplussed as to what the fuss was all about and described the place as " weird" but did agree the food was delicious.

The boys and I all had pulled pork sandwich with beans - they had fries and I had the yummy cornbread. The sandwich is $8.49 with 2 sides included

The beans are in a BBQ sauce, the corn bread is quite peppery and the pulled pork - well, its quite simply DELICIOUS

Andy had a prime rib sandwich with beans and fries . This is a signature stacker sandwich and is $9.99 with horseradish and 4Rivers sauce and 2 sides included

I'm thinking of having their sign reproduced above my desk at work :

Oh my goodness, this is full on cowboy food on a tray. The boys had bottles of mountain dew and we shared a large soda. I cant find the receipt but I know we commented that it had come to around a very cheap $45.

With very full bellies we set off again at 1245. The next stop being the outlets to get the boys some trainers.

Edited at 08:36 PM.
WileyCoyote is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List