Notices
Reports and Reviews for Dining and Restaurants Trip Reports

Old 30 Oct 18, 07:27 AM  
Link to this Post
DollyDimples
Getting Excited

Definitely getting a sense of where your trip report title came from!

Interested to hear at the end if your off-site visit to i-hop will influence dining plans on future trips.

We (or at least I) have the gardens desert party on our list of maybe list of things to do. How annoying that everyone stood up. :-(
DollyDimples is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Oct 18, 07:28 AM  
Link to this Post
GezzasGem
Imagineer

Mobile

Really interesting to read your thoughts on eating offsite. Most of our Florida holidays when I went with my parents were mainly offsite eating with the odd 'special' restaurant thrown in at theme parks, but currently with our DD we do book for free DDP staying onsite. Next trip is our first adding in a couple of nights at Universal and no doubt as she gets older the mix will change. Whilst this means that for now we are pretty much always eating in the Disney bubble, it will be great fun to get that balance again on future trips - glad you enjoyed it! 👌
GezzasGem is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Oct 18, 07:59 AM  
Link to this Post
joanna23
Imagineer

joanna23's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 2
Mobile

Completely agreed with your offsite views. We’ve done DDP for last 7 years and really noticed this year that the tip would buy us a good meal elsewhere. When we were offsite we ended up eating in Denny’s a couple of times. The menu had so much choice that we all ended up happy. We ate in a lot of signatures in the Summer and their menus are so limited. Halfway through our 21 nights I had a health disaster and completely went off steak. Made the mistake of having chicken in the Yachtsman - oh dear me - KFC would be more flavoursome!
Glad you enjoyed the Plaza and loving your report.
August 2006 RPR & Rosen Plaza; August 2008 RPR & Regal Sun; August 2009 RPR & Buena Vista Palace; July/August 2010 RPR & SSR; July/August 2011 & 2012 Loews Miami Beach, RPR & SSR; 2013 SSR & RPR: 2014 Rosen Plaza, SSR & RPR; 2015 Renaissance, RPR & SSR;2016 Cabana Bay, SSR & RPR; 2018 CB, Portofino, SSR 2019 St Petes, Renaissance & SSR
joanna23 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Oct 18, 08:20 AM  
Link to this Post
gjdjud
GEORGE

gjdjud's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 26
We do a mixture now of onsite and offsite which was a first for us last time. Best of both worlds and very much doing the same next May.

Was pleased to see your views on the Dessert Party. I had planned on this but changed my mind after reading the reviews of the experience after they had added the post Fireworks party. It sounds nice but don't think we will try to get a spot elsewhere.

Edited at 08:53 AM.
gjdjud is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Oct 18, 08:23 AM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 43
Mobile

The IHOP breakfast looks so tasty. I'm glad you fulfilled one of your dreams in eating there.

A shame the Chefs De France ADR was kicked to the curb.

Those ice creams at the Plaza look yummy! Seeing the dessert party offerings always makes me think that I should add a dessert party but then I see the price and both the kids count as adults and I just can't justify the cost especially as I'm the only one who really likes the fireworks the others just watch them for me.

Link to all my completed trip reports
2017: NYC and Orlando. Salzburg. Boston.
2018: Orlando. Berlin.
2019: DLP. Orlando. Washington DC.
2020: DLP.
2021: Jamaica. Rome.
2022: Orlando.
2023: Orlando. Niagara and Toronto.
Goldia is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Oct 18, 08:41 AM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
I agree about iHop. The breakfast there was a standout for us last year. We’d have gone again this year if we hadn’t done so many morning EMH.

Trip Report Index
sha9 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Oct 18, 09:16 AM  
Link to this Post
wilma-bride
Imagineer

wilma-bride's Reviews
I'm glad you got a taste of how enjoyable (and reasonably priced) offsite dining can be. I get the feeling you are going to be opened up to a whole new world of wonder, and a completely different take on dining in Disney/Orlando. We much prefer offsite restaurants and really only go to our favourite Disney restaurants once in a while.

I am still struggling to get over the fact that you have been going for 7 years and have never eaten at iHop
wilma-bride is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Oct 18, 10:02 AM  
Link to this Post
GezzasGem
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by wilma-bride View Post
I'm glad you got a taste of how enjoyable (and reasonably priced) offsite dining can be. I get the feeling you are going to be opened up to a whole new world of wonder, and a completely different take on dining in Disney/Orlando. We much prefer offsite restaurants and really only go to our favourite Disney restaurants once in a while.

I am still struggling to get over the fact that you have been going for 7 years and have never eaten at iHop
I shall hang my head in shame and say after 8 trips over a 20 year period I have also never been... 😳🤫
GezzasGem is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Oct 18, 11:00 AM  
Link to this Post
wilma-bride
Imagineer

wilma-bride's Reviews
Originally Posted by GezzasGem View Post
I shall hang my head in shame and say after 8 trips over a 20 year period I have also never been... 😳🤫
Best you rectify that as soon as possible young lady
wilma-bride is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Oct 18, 11:35 AM  
Link to this Post
dixonsontour
VIP Dibber

dixonsontour's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 12
Glad you finally made it to Ihop.

I know what you mean about tip thing. Several years ago we had been to Le Cellier on ddp but the tip was more than a very nice meal we had offsite the next day.

The sundae your mum had at the Plaza is right up my street.
dixonsontour is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List