Notices
Reports and Reviews for Dining and Restaurants Trip Reports

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 15 Nov 18, 01:00 PM  
Link to this Post
collybird
Imagineer

DAY 12

This morning we were up bright and early for Early Morning Magic. By 8.15, we had ridden Toy Story Mania three times in a row (this was a dream, we only gave up because our arms hurt), and Slinky Dog Dash three times. We had ridden Alien Swirling Saucers earlier in the trip and it had made me feel a bit sick so we were going to miss that. As we boarded SDD for the third time, I said to Nik we should do Swirling Saucers as we had so much extra time to kill. But, during the third ride of SDD I start feeling very, very motion sick, I was looking around for a sick bag as though there was going to be one I had to sit down after the ride, after a few minutes rest I was still feeling a bit shaky, we decided we were happy with what we had done, so we left!

I feel as though I need a bit of a disclaimer here, reflecting back we seem so frivolous - booking DxDP and not making the most of the credits, booking EMM and riding 4 rides, booking EMM at HS and leaving early, booking the Dessert Party and not eating any desserts... I am aware these things cost a lot, but I don't like to dwell on the price of things once the money has been spent, you can't get it back, so you just have to go with the flow and do what suits you in the moment.

This event also includes breakfast, but none of the items appealed to us so we weren’t really sad to be missing it. We will definitely do EMM again next year if it’s offered, and this time we’d eat breakfast before riding anything, as I think an empty stomach contributed to my nausea. Disney Food Blog has some pictures of the offerings.

We went back to the resort, I slept away my dodgy tummy, then headed back out to Epcot, we still had some Food and Wine eating to do, and we decided that it would be best to cancel Le Cellier, it was a meal we really wanted to enjoy, and we wouldn’t have enjoyed it worrying about being too full. Plus, we were eating at Flying Fish that night, where Nik would probably order a steak, and I thought it was a bit mean of me to expect him to eat two in a day (oh, the hardship).

There was no-where jumping out at me to replace Le Cellier, so we decided to go on an off-site adventure again, if we had any hope of using all our credits we wouldn’t have done this, but we were fighting a losing battle.

Miller’s Ale House

This was probably top of the list of off-site places I wanted to go to, I knew exactly what I wanted to eat before looking at the menu.

I had the Zingers Mountain Melt -Zingers, Monterey Jack and Cheddar cheeses, applewood-smoked bacon and scallions on a mountain of seasoned fries. The Zingers are chicken tenders dipped in your choice of sauce, I chose Garlic Parmesan.

I didn’t love these, I enjoyed them, but I wouldn’t order them again. As I’ve said previously, I don’t like my food touching, so it was probably never going to be my favourite thing. Nik really liked this though, and wished he had ordered it.

Nik had Chicken Fajitas.

Now, I don’t really like chicken fajitas, but I [i]loved[i] these, this was my favourite dish of the holiday. I had one bite, and then we ended up sharing both dishes. Our awesome server even brought us some extra tortillas at no extra charge.

I didn’t take a picture of the receipt, I was undecided about confessing this off-site jaunt to you , but the two meals, our drinks and tip came to $45. Madness!

At Epcot, we tried an Iced Pumpkin Spice Latte.

Hmm, I didn’t like, or not like this, I thought it wasn’t too dissimilar to the Toffee Nut Latte we love at Christmas time. Nik wasn’t a fan.

We had Liquid Nitro Chocolate-Almond Truffle

This is delicious, so more-ish.

We had the Cheese Trio - Profiterole topped with Boursin Garlic and Fine Herbs Cheese and Orange Apricot Jam, Smoked Salmon Pinwheel with Boursin Shallot and Chive Cheese and Everything Seasoning, Strawberry Macaron with Boursin Pepper Cheese and the Maple Bourbon Boursin Cheesecake - Served with Maple Bourbon Cream, Caramel and Pecan Crunch

I have just discovered I had no pictures of these items! This is a Disney Parks picture of the Trio

I wasn’t too sure about the macaron or the profiterole, but I loved the pinwheel.

This is the cheesecake.

Another delicious item, soooo creamy, and I came so close not to having it!

I had another slush from Joffrey’s, this time the strawberry one.

This was nice, but the passionfruit one was nicer.

Our last Food and Wine item was Traditional Poutine - French Fries, Beef Gravy and Cheese Curds from Refreshment Port.

I really wanted to try the Beef Brisket Poutine, that is a special Food and Wine Festival Offering, but it isn’t a snack credit, so we stuck with Traditional. Nik loved this, it was piping hot, and a massive portion for a snack.

Flying Fish

I had originally planned for the five of us to eat at Yachtsman Steakhouse tonight, but when my mum told me Trish was a seafood fan I switched to Flying Fish. We haven’t eaten here since the refurb and we were excited to see how the restaurant looked. Pictures don’t do it justice, it was beautiful inside, I loved the bubble light features, and the fish tail silverware.

The bread service here was lovely, so crusty.

I must have messed with the settings on my flash as the pictures here are really dark! I had Snow Crab Croquettes - Remolaude – Micro Greens

These were beautifully presented, you’ll just have to trust me on that, and were delicious, a nice twist on a crab cake, I loved the crunchy exterior.

Mum, Nik and Trish all had Lobster Bisque -Sambuca – Chive Oil

They all said this was delicious, although Nik will tell you it doesn’t rate up there with the best of them. I thought it looked lovely.

Mum and I both had Sea Bass - Leek Fondue – Cassis-Red Wine Reduction

The leek fondue and the red wine reduction are survivors from Flying Fish’s delicious potato-wrapped red snapper dish, the sea bass has replaced the snapper, and is a great substitute. The fish was delicious and a substantial portion. The leek fondue compliments the fish perfectly, although the red wine reduction was a little strong for me, Mum enjoyed it.

Nik had Wagyu Filet Mignon -Asparagus – Sweet Onion Risotto – Potato Beurre Blanc

Nik enjoyed his steak but thought the risotto was a bit tasteless, and there wasn’t much of it.

Trish had Hokkaido Scallops - Antebellum Grits – Sweet Corn – Peppadew Emulsion

I had swayed towards ordering this, it was a gorgeous looking dish and Trish loved it, Mum said she doesn’t often say that about meals so I was very pleased. I tasted the scallops and they were delicious.

Granny wanted the Seafood Risotto -Garden Herbs – Rock Shrimp – Calamari – Scallops But, without any of the seafood! The server arranged for her to the have risotto from the filet dish alongside the sea bass, I didn’t take a picture as it wasn’t a menu item.

I had Cocoa Breach - Chocolate Hazelnut Cake – Warm Ganache

The presentation of us was a bit of a show, it reminded me of Bake Off, the server poured the ganache over the chocolate cake and it melted in front of me. That was the highlight of the dish, other than that it was just chocolate cake!

Nik had Blueberries, Limes and Sea Shells -Mascarpone Cream – Blueberry-Lime Compote – Hibiscus Meringue – Rye Bourbon Caramel

He enjoyed this, I don’t remember tasting it!

Mum and Trish both had Panna ‘Carpa’ -Buttermilk Panna Cotta – Strawberry-Lime Consomme – Basil Sugar

They both raved about this.

Granny didn’t have a dessert.

Dinner came to $422.78 and we used 10 TS credits. The original plan had been that we would use our Disney gift cards to cover the cost of this, but now we had a zillion credits left it made sense to use them for this. Trish said this was one of the best meals she had ever had, so my work was done. I was also thrilled to share the Crescent Lake area with them, as it’s one of my favourite areas on property.

CREDITS USED 98
TOTAL IN $$ 3,001.26
collybird is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List