Old 19 Oct 18, 04:24 PM  
Link to this Post
wilma-bride
Imagineer

wilma-bride's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
I am so sorry but I am totally laughing out loud at this:

Originally Posted by collybird View Post
she did that guilty thing people do where she pushed the plate away and then refused to eat anymore. And Nik wouldn’t eat them now because he felt like my mum wanted them, and I wouldn’t eat them because I was being stubborn.
This sounds so much like me, my hubby and my Mum, if we were ever to go on holiday together, which we wouldn't because we can't be in each other's company for more than 5 minutes without wanting to kill each other

I'm so sorry the day ended this way. It does sound like it spiralled totally out of control and, like you say, you probably should have stuck with the original plan. We all have episodes like this, hopefully you could get past it and move on.

Whenever I see a review of Mama Melrose the food always looks really good and I think how much I would like to eat there, then I check out the menu and struggle to find something I would like. So I guess I am destined to just always have food envy at other people's food reviews of that place.

Looking forward to more, I am loving how quickly you are posting the updates.
wilma-bride is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Oct 18, 05:54 PM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 43
Hurrah you've begun!

The meal on pre travel day looked lovely in spite of the silly server having a spat over Pepsi!

Chicken Guy has been getting some great reviews and I'm keen to try it out. I now know not to have the chicken tenders though! It's a shame you didn't enjoy them.

Wow, you did well to get all the photos of the buffet at the wave. It sounded like this was a hit. Followed by lunch at Mama Melrose. I'm chuckling that you had to convince the others they were supposed to order an appetizer, I imagine they were still stuffed after the buffet breakfast, but they were troupers and went ahead with it. Nice that the server gave you the choice of ordering a flat bread to go instead.

Oh dear, the evening didn't quite go to plan. It all sounds a bit hectic at the food court and way too complicated for the evening. We found the same thing when we went to Blaze on day 1 as we just felt like we couldn't decide what to get and there were so many choices...and that was just 1 counter of options, if we'd been faced with all the options you had then there's no way we'd have avoided a meltdown. Even though we felt alright and didn't think we were jet lagged I think we were really.

I'm looking forward to reading all the rest of your adventures.

Xx

Link to all my completed trip reports
2017: NYC and Orlando. Salzburg. Boston.
2018: Orlando. Berlin.
2019: DLP. Orlando. Washington DC.
2020: DLP.
2021: Jamaica. Rome.
2022: Orlando.
2023: Orlando. Niagara and Toronto.

Edited at 05:56 PM.
Goldia is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Oct 18, 06:08 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyPCLI
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

So much food Lol x
Old 19 Oct 18, 06:39 PM  
Link to this Post
mrsdjh
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Goldia View Post
Hurrah you've begun!

Oh dear, the evening didn't quite go to plan. It all sounds a bit hectic at the food court and way too complicated for the evening. We found the same thing when we went to Blaze on day 1 as we just felt like we couldn't decide what to get and there were so many choices...and that was just 1 counter of options, if we'd been faced with all the options you had then there's no way we'd have avoided a meltdown. Even though we felt alright and didn't think we were jet lagged I think we were really.

Xx
We had a similar experience in the food court at POR on arrival evening on our first trip - there were people everywhere, different counters, didn't understand the QSDP and we all wanted different food! I found it so stressful we avoided it for the rest of the first week
mrsdjh is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Oct 18, 06:42 PM  
Link to this Post
Fuellady
VIP Dibber

The breakfast offerings at at The Wave look fantastic, very fresh.

4 portions of fries lol! Oh dear, why didn't everyone just wait for you to split the food. After all, you are the chief planner and nothing should be eaten without your say so. I do hope your companions learn the rules soon Seriously though, its a shame it ended up being so stressful for you and that no-one really enjoyed the food.

All of my trip reports are in this INDEX

My most recent reports are below:
*Complete* A Tale of Two Cities - Washington D.C. & Boston - March 2023
We Love Food! An Offsite Dining Report - May 2022
Fuellady is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Oct 18, 06:55 PM  
Link to this Post
Minnie Mum
Imagineer

Mobile

Oh poor you. Mountain of fries and no one eating!
Wave looks great- May consider that for a breakfast.

Love the idea of eating a meal in each of the deluxe resorts on the monorail.
Minnie Mum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Oct 18, 07:22 PM  
Link to this Post
Lizzim
Imagineer

Lizzim's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
I’m sorry you had a bad experience at AoA but can I say I’m glad someone else had a family tiff on their trip?!

Look for that coming in my trip report
Lizzim is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Oct 18, 07:41 PM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 1
I sooo want to have breakfast at The Wave now! I feel like we’ve been trying for 3 years so it’s definitely on the list next year. Maybe on a “rest” day.

I like Mama Melrose but Marie said it was just ok. Probably cos she got a boring plate of pasta in a tomato sauce and I got the steak. We were also served the trio of desserts as it was the Fantasmic! package and they weren’t great. Sounds like dessert is not something they do well.

Your evening at Landscape of Flavours sounds like something that would happen to us! Marie also doesn’t share food but more for Joey reasons.

Trip Report Index
sha9 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Oct 18, 05:39 PM  
Link to this Post
Cinderella
Imagineer

Great reviews👍
Cinderella is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Oct 18, 07:55 PM  
Link to this Post
IBEX23
VIP Dibber

Love following along! I have the DxDDP next year and I can’t wait for the breakfast at the Wave now!

Hoping you are doing lots of signatures

Edited at 11:22 PM.
IBEX23 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List