Notices
Walt Disney World and Florida Trip Reports Trip Reports and Videos

Old 2 Jan 15, 11:04 AM  
Link to this Post

Great that you and Rebecca hit it off in person, I can imagine that must've been a little daunting. How cool to meet one of the Disney ride engineers too, I bet that was really interesting.

We've never managed to get on the Peter Pan ride as it had horrendous queues on our first visit (bit of a cult classic I guess?) and was closed last time around if memory serves me correctly. Sounds like you enjoyed it and I'm glad we have a FP+ for this next month.

Had a good chuckle at your first fireworks picture! The ones that followed look fab though.

The parade looks great, shame you were both freezing.

Thanks for sharing.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Jan 15, 07:26 PM  
Link to this Post
Lisa29
VIP Dibber

Lisa29's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 7
Restaurant Reviews: 13

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
Guidebook Photos: 344
Guidebook Reviews: 8
More really good photos of the evening.

What a shame it was so cold. Extreme temperatures really can change your view on things if it has made you really uncomfortable.

Looking forward to more. x

MY TRIP AND DINING REPORTS - July 2023 Ten (Not So) Little Ones Take the Adults ~~ Onsite/Offsite Dining Report - July 2023 - 4 people - £168 budget per day plus tips ~~ Another Birthday Trip, October 2019 ~~ The Land, Sea and Wedding Trip Report, October 2015 ~~. Sept / Oct 2013 Five Little Ones Take the Adults
IG - Lisas29 and familyanddisney

00 / 01 / 04 / 07 /Xmas 08 / 10 / 13 / 15 / 17 / 19 / 23
Lisa29 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Jan 15, 08:24 PM  
Link to this Post
WileyCoyote
I am not a shopaholic

Originally Posted by disneymadhouse View Post
Really enjoying your report Amanda, thanks for sharing

I know what you mean about the cold. When we were there in 2012 we had an absolutely freezing day at SW. We would have left earlier but had booked dine with Shamu. I think by the time we got to eat dinner with Shamu I was totally fed up and that changed my opinion of the experience!
We were just discussing MVMCP today and was telling DD there will no falling asleep in the stroller this year - as we won't have it with us! She will see the parade live lol! Nice to see the Frozen additions, didn't realise they were in there! ( not talking about you and Andy lol!)
Hello, Happy New Year and thanks for reading along x
Its a shame it was so cold and that we just hadnt expected it to be THAT cold - I mean , they said it was cold when we arrived but we found it warm so we thought they were exaggerating. I am sure if we had dressed more warmly we would have enjoyed it more . There did feel like alot of standing around though and its something we are just not good at
Yes, Frozen seemed to be everywhere - bit lost on us , LOL, we havent seen anything since UP !

Originally Posted by meandmyboy View Post
Nice to read your experience of MVMCP. We did this last year but didn't bother this year. Your pics have reminded me of how nice the parade was though so might be tempted to try it again on another trip. Just hopefully it won't be as cold as you experienced!
hello, Happy New Year x The parade was fun - I love the music, the dancers and the floats , it is good fun , over too soon though !

Originally Posted by Cutiepie View Post
Lovely pics Amanda, sounds like an enjoyable day even though it was baltic and it put a dampner on it.
Happy new Year xx It was a good day really, just a shame we had to defrost ourselves on the way home !

Originally Posted by KittyBlackDog View Post
Another lovely day. Ho great to meet up wit Rebecca and her friend. Shame about being so cold. It does makes difference on how you view everything. I know we feel like that whenever we visit DLP unfortunately as we always feel so cold no matter what time of year we've been.

Hopefully tomorrow more than makes up for it, along with Andys smiling face at his shopping haul
Hello, Happy new year - and you go away THIS year, yay
It was so nice to meet Rebecca, we have been following each others trippies for years .
My best friend was at DLP just before Xmas and she said it was bitterly cold - Im no good in the cold .. hence I never found the attraction in skiing holidays
Andy was well pleased with his purchases and I nabbed some right bargains too - and tomorrow , the sun comes out all
WileyCoyote is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Jan 15, 08:37 PM  
Link to this Post
WileyCoyote
I am not a shopaholic

Originally Posted by gtyrel10 View Post
Hi Amanda,

That was a mammoth day for you both and i can't believe how cold it got. I wonder if this was near the end of my holiday as i remember just how cold it was before we left. Funnily enough our MVMCP night was one of the hottest evenings of our entire trip!

That was fab finally meeting up with your friend, i had some awful planning and never found kayleigh the night we were due to meet but you just get so lost in the crowds of faces.

I love that picture of you and Andy infant of the castle it is a great shot actually you got some fab photos. Being 5 foot 2.5 myself its nice to see what tall people see i feel a bit jealous now seeing those lovely clear shots they get of things.

Loving Andy's wee happy face with all his shopping although i am confused by the giant Cath Kidston carrier bag where on earth is there a CK shop? xxx
Hello and Happy New Year xx

It was a busy day but we didnt feel rushed and thats where FP + paid off for us really as we had some guaranteed rides and anything else was a bonus . Yes I think this was at the end of your hols - it was warm enough in the day but the temperature dropped rapidly at night.
I am pleased I saw Rebecca - it was weird and I was nervous but I am pleased we did it , she was so lovely.
Our photopass pics are pretty good - we only had a couple and I am not sure if we are smiling or teeth chattering there on that one

Ah, the Cath Kidston bag - crafty spot. There was in fact a temporary CK outlet - I pointed it out to Andy, as it looked like a jumble sale, there were just rows of tables with CK bags and stuff piled on them in what must have been an empty shop. ( and its not listed on the store maps) BUT that bag had actually come from the store in Milton Keynes as I had bought Rebecca something from there for her birthday and I think we then re used the big bag to stuff our Walmart purchases in when carrying from the car to the room

Originally Posted by juliab View Post
It's just never occurred to me that it can get so cold in Orlando, I just associate it with warmth. You've got some great photo's of the parade, another one that we would love to see one day, it all looks so lovely.

Really enjoying your trippie Amanda
Happy New Year Julia x

It didnt occur to us it would be that cold either ! Still, we avoided the rain ( mostly) and we did buy jeans and jumpers so the cold days later on were more manageable. Andy even got a coat as he only had thin shirts and polo tops with him, at least I got some cardigans and could wear multiple layers

Originally Posted by mossyflossy View Post
great photos and shopping trip and lovely that you got to meet your friend but a shame it was so cold that you couldnt properly enjoy it. The picture of Andy and his shopping at the end did make me smile.
Lol, he is so funny isnt he ! He is such a determined shopper - he has been amazing in the recent sales, he found loads of stuff for me bless him. It is a shame about the cold but I am pleased we did it, another special memory , even if we look back and laugh on how cold we were

Originally Posted by Twentyyears View Post
Feel your cold- fab pics, lol at Tinker bell - that's the same sort of shot I always get too! We need DSLR cameras, or whatever they are called...
Great reading Amanda and nice for you to meet up with your network friend.
Lol, I think we need a new camera too as being disappointed with the pics seems to be a theme in this trip - you take what you think is a great shot and then realise its rubbish and by the time you looked at it, the moment to snap again has passed.
WileyCoyote is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Jan 15, 08:46 PM  
Link to this Post
WileyCoyote
I am not a shopaholic

Originally Posted by Rollercolster View Post
Thanks for sharing Amanda, it's a real shame MVMCP wasn't everything it could be, the parks can be pretty miserable when you're feeling really cold, a lot pf people seem to be quite underwhelmed by the event which is a real shame it's not a million miles away from what is offered at MNSSHP so I'm not really sure what they could offer for value for money - it's an event we've always fancied visiting (and if the dates would have worked for us on our honeymoon we were really eager to experience it).
Hello, yes it has had a mixed press hasnt it - I guess as we didnt do any character meets , it was just the parade and fireworks that we went for and that makes it relatively expensive . I think they could be a little more inventive with the free snack offering - Andy doesnt like hot chocolate or cookies ( or apple slices) so something savoury would have suited him. I can see it would appeal to the kids more with the different characters and the dance parties. I didnt feel it was bad value , I just wasnt as " blown away" as I had expected to be if that makes sense ?

Originally Posted by TheBeast View Post
Great that you and Rebecca hit it off in person, I can imagine that must've been a little daunting. How cool to meet one of the Disney ride engineers too, I bet that was really interesting.

We've never managed to get on the Peter Pan ride as it had horrendous queues on our first visit (bit of a cult classic I guess?) and was closed last time around if memory serves me correctly. Sounds like you enjoyed it and I'm glad we have a FP+ for this next month.

Had a good chuckle at your first fireworks picture! The ones that followed look fab though.

The parade looks great, shame you were both freezing.

Thanks for sharing.
It was so nice to meet her and Chris was fascinating - Andy still couldnt quite get his head around someone working on the rides for a living and really enjoying going into Magic Kingdom every day - he needs some serious pixie dust
Peter Pan was fun - not something I would queue a long time for, 20 minutes felt about right and as we did a few rides that we had previously missed , it was nice to tick this one of my list .
We were so cold i found it hard to walk back as my toes were curling over in my thin shoes

Originally Posted by Lisa29 View Post
More really good photos of the evening.

What a shame it was so cold. Extreme temperatures really can change your view on things if it has made you really uncomfortable.

Looking forward to more. x
We really should have taken more layers with us and gone back to the car ( or bitten the bullet and bought a hoody in the park, too tight ! ) - it was ok when we were walking around, it was the last hour waiting for the parade that nailed us
Old 3 Jan 15, 05:16 PM  
Link to this Post
summersun
Imagineer

summersun's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
great day
http://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/show...=gonna+get+wed
our dreams can come true pre trip report nov 14 cbbr nov 14
summersun is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Jan 15, 05:00 PM  
Link to this Post
purple myra
Imagineer

purple myra's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Lovely report and fab photos...such a shame it was too cold to enjoy MVMCP... we were there on the 10th and it was pleasant x
purple myra is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Jan 15, 06:53 PM  
Link to this Post
WileyCoyote
I am not a shopaholic

Originally Posted by summersun View Post
great day
Ah, thank you, yes , apart from the cold, we had a great day overall.

Originally Posted by purple myra View Post
Lovely report and fab photos...such a shame it was too cold to enjoy MVMCP... we were there on the 10th and it was pleasant x
Hello, happy new year . We managed to pick a cold one ( still at least it wasn't raining! ). It was great to see the parade and fireworks though.
Old 4 Jan 15, 07:39 PM  
Link to this Post
Fuellady
VIP Dibber

Aaw, I feel your pain Amanda, I also suffer with a sore back when standing too long and I hate being cold Saying that, the parade photos are lovely, it's a shame it wasn't a great experience for you.

How nice to meet up with Rebecca too

All of my trip reports are in this INDEX

My most recent reports are below:
*Complete* A Tale of Two Cities - Washington D.C. & Boston - March 2023
We Love Food! An Offsite Dining Report - May 2022
Fuellady is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Jan 15, 09:28 PM  
Link to this Post
WileyCoyote
I am not a shopaholic

Originally Posted by Fuellady View Post
Aaw, I feel your pain Amanda, I also suffer with a sore back when standing too long and I hate being cold Saying that, the parade photos are lovely, it's a shame it wasn't a great experience for you.

How nice to meet up with Rebecca too
Aargh, that back pain has started to creep up on me, I notice it even at work now if I am standing in the same spot for any length of time so in the freezing cold it was just unbearable. I put it down to a car accident I had when I was pregnant , I couldn't do much physio at the time to help put it right. Or maybe I'm just ageing badly

I am so pleased I met Rebecca , she was lovely .