Notices
Walt Disney World and Florida Trip Reports Trip Reports and Videos

Old 1 Feb 15, 05:21 PM  
Link to this Post
vanlou
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 40
Wow what an amazing evening you had (other than the Sheriff incident). Such a special memory of your Wedding trip x

DLP Aug 2004 SQL, Dec 2007 HNY, Dec 2008 DLH
WDW Aug 2011 POFQ/RPR, Aug 2014 - HRH/POFQ
August 2014 trip report - Er, where's the rain?
vanlou is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Feb 15, 03:48 PM  
Link to this Post
WileyCoyote
I am not a shopaholic

Originally Posted by vanlou View Post
Wow what an amazing evening you had (other than the Sheriff incident). Such a special memory of your Wedding trip x
It really was a special memory , even the journey - it was an evening from the ridiculous to the truly sublime. Im so pleased we did it. A very special start to our week of celebrations x
WileyCoyote is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Mar 15, 04:34 PM  
Link to this Post

I don't deny it is an oustanding gastronomic experience which I would like to try very much but my DH could not eat all that food. He had a stomach operation a while ago and 2 - 3 courses from that menu and he would be stuffed so sadly we will never get to do it.

We would much prefer that they could offer an a la carte menu but I guess that isn't going to happen.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Mar 15, 12:41 AM  
Link to this Post
JoJo88
VIP Dibber

Whit-whooo, don't you two scrub up nicely!

OMG, you weren't kidding about the taxi ride - wow, just wow! So glad you got there in the end though, as otherwise I wouldn't have been able to read all about your amazing meal. Let's face it, it's the closest I'm ever going to get, my eyes watered when I saw the receipt, and when I mentioned it to Simon I'm sure I saw his buttocks clench just a little!

What a wonderful evening x
JoJo88 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Mar 15, 12:44 PM  
Link to this Post
berniegroves
Apprentice Imagineer

Oh wow! What a crazy day.,

That taxi ride sounds terrifying! How awful for the sherrif to react in that way! I bet you were so relieved to get there in one piece!

And wow! That meal is crazy! What amazing food! But I have to admit the bill was a shock! Ouch! But it must have been the perfect way to celebrate your upcoming wedding :-)
berniegroves is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Mar 15, 11:37 AM  
Link to this Post
WileyCoyote
I am not a shopaholic

Originally Posted by geoffa View Post
I don't deny it is an oustanding gastronomic experience which I would like to try very much but my DH could not eat all that food. He had a stomach operation a while ago and 2 - 3 courses from that menu and he would be stuffed so sadly we will never get to do it.

We would much prefer that they could offer an a la carte menu but I guess that isn't going to happen.
Oh that's a shame, it is far more filling than the teeny portions suggest. It was a simply magical experience, Disney hospitality at it's finest and a memory to treasure.

Originally Posted by JoJo88 View Post
Whit-whooo, don't you two scrub up nicely!

OMG, you weren't kidding about the taxi ride - wow, just wow! So glad you got there in the end though, as otherwise I wouldn't have been able to read all about your amazing meal. Let's face it, it's the closest I'm ever going to get, my eyes watered when I saw the receipt, and when I mentioned it to Simon I'm sure I saw his buttocks clench just a little!

What a wonderful evening x
I still can't believe the taxi driver pulled up and got out. It was like you've been framed meets dukes of hazard versus police interceptors - all gone horribly wrong

Ah,the bill, should be framed I think. Reminds Andy not to complain when at local restaurants and moaning about leaving a tip , the one at V and A was almost as much as our wedding dinner l

Originally Posted by berniegroves View Post
Oh wow! What a crazy day.,

That taxi ride sounds terrifying! How awful for the sherrif to react in that way! I bet you were so relieved to get there in one piece!

And wow! That meal is crazy! What amazing food! But I have to admit the bill was a shock! Ouch! But it must have been the perfect way to celebrate your upcoming wedding :-)
It was crazy, for all sorts of reasons but truly memorable. So pleased we tried it and it was a lovely start to our wedding week x
WileyCoyote is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Apr 15, 12:50 PM  
Link to this Post
Redrach1903
Disney Dreaming :)

Redrach1903's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 2
Holy moly! That was one eventful taxi journey! Wow. I can’t believe that sheriff was so rude and horrible! Bad man!
You made it there alive though – phewf!

Wow, that meal looked amazing! I wish I was a foody, but literally the only things I could have eaten would have been the bread and the puddings! Haha! Fussy pants that I am!
$750….ouch! Defo a one off treat! Haha!

Love the wee treats you got to take away with you
Redrach1903 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Aug 15, 12:19 AM  
Link to this Post
Glee Fan
Imagineer

You two look absolutely gorgeous, all dressed up!

The less said about the cab journey the better, as for V&A, wow wow wow! Looks amazing. Definitely one to try when the kids no longer holiday with us

What wonderful, special memories for you both.
Glee Fan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Nov 15, 08:30 AM  
Link to this Post
WileyCoyote
I am not a shopaholic

Originally Posted by Redrach1903 View Post
Holy moly! That was one eventful taxi journey! Wow. I can’t believe that sheriff was so rude and horrible! Bad man!
You made it there alive though – phewf!

Wow, that meal looked amazing! I wish I was a foody, but literally the only things I could have eaten would have been the bread and the puddings! Haha! Fussy pants that I am!
$750….ouch! Defo a one off treat! Haha!

Love the wee treats you got to take away with you
Oh it was surreal, the language was shocking
Loved that meal. It was all simply delicious
But eye wateringly expensive ...

Originally Posted by Glee Fan View Post
You two look absolutely gorgeous, all dressed up!

The less said about the cab journey the better, as for V&A, wow wow wow! Looks amazing. Definitely one to try when the kids no longer holiday with us

What wonderful, special memories for you both.
It really is a special memory. We were treated like royalty, we felt very special. I'm pleased we did it.