Notices
Walt Disney World and Florida Trip Reports Trip Reports and Videos

Old 9 Apr 16, 04:50 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDaffodil
Imagineer

Daffodil's Disney Days ~ Travel Day

We woke at 6am, excited about our trip. We went down for breakfast at the Premier Inn. Georgia had a nutella pancake.

We had full English breakfast and I also had a hot cross bun because it was Good Friday.

We then drove across the road to the car park, T2 long stay. Quickly boarded the bus for the airport terminal. Check in was quick and efficient. We then waited with a very early, large glass of wine for our flight.
Thomson's dreamliner took off on time and we had prebooked our seats all together in row fifteen.

We found the flight went very quickly on the dreamliner. We played the games on the inbuilt entertainment and I watched two films, Mission: Impossible- Rogue Nation and If I Stay, which I really enjoyed. Rob watched Mission Impossible too and a few episodes of Gotham. Georgia didn't really use the inflight entertainment, instead watched Mulan and Inside Out on her tablet.
Then we had the usual 'plane food' lunch

And a snack before we landed (the scone was delicious)

The entertainment plus food, drink and snack made the flight enjoyable and not too long.
First glimpse of Florida!

We landed at Sanford Airport around 5pm. Went very quickly through customs and baggage reclaim and was on the Thomson's Disney coach to Art of Animation resort by 5:50pm. Look at the Mickey's on the coach seats

Checked into Art of Animation where we were given our magic bands (I had orange, Rob had red and Georgia had pink) and our first visit badges. Georgia got really excited by the animation on the walls of reception.

We walked through the wonderful themed areas of AoA.

To our room in the Little Mermaid area, Ursula block. Our room was on the bottom floor, overlooking the hourglass lake, which was in quite a quiet location. The room wasn't huge but perfectly big enough for the three of us and the little amount of time that we planned to spend in there. Everything was spotless clean and the theming was AMAZING!

We all thought we would have been tired after travelling for so long and planned to just eat at Landscape of Flavours and rest but we were not tired and full of excitement, so we quickly washed and changed (into much cooler clothes) and headed into Hollywood Studios on the Disney bus!

We wandered around, soaking in the atmosphere and feeling so amazed that we were actually here at last. Had a Photopass picture taken:

Looked around the shops but didn't do any rides. We did manage to watch the Star Wars Fireworks (Symphony in the Stars), which were absolutely amazing and were Rob's favourite fireworks of the whole holiday

We then went back to Landscape of Flavours and had a late meal at 10pm. We all had burgers but were too tired to take pictures and didn't really enjoy them either, as it was so late and we had been awake for 20 hours. Here's one of the light fixtures in Landscape of Flavours instead.

Went back to our room and into bed at 11. Asleep by 11:01 (3am UK time, which means we did a 21 hour day )
DisneyDaffodil is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Apr 16, 05:44 PM  
Link to this Post
SaratogaSp2015
Apprentice Imagineer

Great first day. I'm so envious of people who manage to stay awake in the first days. Also, love your Simba t-shirt!
SaratogaSp2015 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Apr 16, 07:09 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDaffodil
Imagineer

We were really surprised that we weren't tired when we got there too. It was lovely to just have a couple of hours wandering around taking in the atmosphere. I think we would have been too excited to sleep.

T-shirt is Primark, you will see lots of those throughout the trip
DisneyDaffodil is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Apr 16, 07:11 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDaffodil
Imagineer

We were really surprised that we weren't tired when we got there too. It was lovely to just have a couple of hours wandering around taking in the atmosphere. I think we would have been too excited to sleep.

T-shirt is from Primark, you will see lots of those throughout the trip
Old 9 Apr 16, 09:34 PM  
Link to this Post
Floridaagogo
Imagineer

Hoping they extend the fireworks.would love to see them
Floridaagogo is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Apr 16, 10:22 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDaffodil
Imagineer

The fireworks are excellent, everyone in the park seemed to enjoy them and they drew a big crowd each time we saw them. I would think Disney will keep them especially as they are developing Star Wars land.

I hope you get to see them on your trip
Old 10 Apr 16, 09:07 AM  
Link to this Post
Cinderella
Imagineer

Impressed you got to a park on your first evening 👍
Cinderella is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Apr 16, 09:17 AM  
Link to this Post
margyloveswdw
Deck 4, Disney Wonder

margyloveswdw's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Mobile

The only thing I want when we arrive is food and bed! Impressed you went to a park!

Look forward to reading more.
margyloveswdw is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Apr 16, 10:38 AM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDaffodil
Imagineer

We hadn’t flown long haul before so were worried about jetlag. We flew on the dreamliner which is supposed to help with jetlag. Dont know if this made a difference. Coming home we have found it a bit more tiring but not as bad as we expected.
Old 10 Apr 16, 11:05 AM  
Link to this Post
l33na
VIP Dibber

Amazing day one. Your holiday definitely started on your travel day unlike ours. Love the theming in the hotel rooms. Looking forward to the rest.
l33na is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List