Notices
Walt Disney World and Florida Trip Reports Trip Reports and Videos

Old 13 Aug 16, 12:20 AM  
Link to this Post
Jesslydevie1
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by WileyCoyote View Post
We had walked all the way to 16th and after a bit of going round in circles to find the way down , we finally located the steps ( lack of signs people ! )

To make our way here

All that walking and its still only 0930 ….

Random Store photos

Now that is what you call a tub of Nutella

No, they are just plain wrong

It such a funky place

With a sense of humour too

Some drooling did occur

I resisted the Fat Witch ( I think that maybe what the kids call me in secret)

And the candy store

We sat for ages in the seat opposite this taking selfies and trying to work out what it was

And then back for more drooling

We stopped around here so I could get a coffee

Andy revived himself with an El Donkey Burrito – I know, don’t ask.

He said it was really good

It was certainly doing a brisk trade

We just sat and people watched and took it all in – it was really nice

Around 1000 we started back for the hotel – we walked a little way – passing this neat parking lot

Before deciding to just get a cab back – another $10 ride
And giving the boys 30 minutes notice to be ready for some sightseeing….

its 1100 when we set off - are we tired yet

And that is just HERE
Where they giant snails ? Could just about stomach an average size one lol !
Old 14 Aug 16, 05:45 PM  
Link to this Post
WileyCoyote
I am not a shopaholic

Originally Posted by Jesslydevie1 View Post
Where they giant snails ? Could just about stomach an average size one lol !
Yes they were enormous and with the green filling just looked bleurgh , especially first thing in the morning
WileyCoyote is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Aug 16, 02:24 PM  
Link to this Post
moosha
VIP Dibber

We love the High Line and Chelsea Market . Going up on the High Line that early was a good move as it's so much nicer up there when you're not tripping over the ankles of the people in front .

Amy's Bread at Chelsea Market sell amazing brownies (best I've ever had) and the cupcakes are really good too. Not tried the Fat Witch because we always head to Amy's Bread .

We were pretty freaked out by the man in pants statue too... we walked past him about four times on different days before we were sure he wasn't real. So realistic (and creepy!)

Thanks for sharing, loving the report as always .
moosha is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Aug 16, 05:45 PM  
Link to this Post
Glee Fan
Imagineer

Loved the Highline but the day we did it was super hot and super busy, we didn't last that long before we had had enough and came down in the search of food!

Chelsea Markets looks great - so many yummy things to eat!

Lol at Fat Witch, my kids would love to take me there I'm sure
Glee Fan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Aug 16, 08:46 AM  
Link to this Post
WileyCoyote
I am not a shopaholic

Originally Posted by moosha View Post
We love the High Line and Chelsea Market . Going up on the High Line that early was a good move as it's so much nicer up there when you're not tripping over the ankles of the people in front .

Amy's Bread at Chelsea Market sell amazing brownies (best I've ever had) and the cupcakes are really good too. Not tried the Fat Witch because we always head to Amy's Bread .

We were pretty freaked out by the man in pants statue too... we walked past him about four times on different days before we were sure he wasn't real. So realistic (and creepy!)

Thanks for sharing, loving the report as always .
It was so nice and quiet up there, shame a bit overcast but I guess that's what kept people away . We looked at Amy's. I'm disappointed I didn't try anything. There was too much choice and I just dithered. Feeding opportunity wasted

Hmmm, creepy pant man. Scarily realistic !

Originally Posted by Glee Fan View Post
Loved the Highline but the day we did it was super hot and super busy, we didn't last that long before we had had enough and came down in the search of food!

Chelsea Markets looks great - so many yummy things to eat!

Lol at Fat Witch, my kids would love to take me there I'm sure
It must get packed up there, it would have been nice to sit and chill out with a coffee, maybe next time. Chelsea was lovely, we do like the farmers market type places, it was great to just people watch and smell all the yummy food. Just too early for Bratwursts or giant snails
WileyCoyote is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Aug 16, 11:00 PM  
Link to this Post
Fuellady
VIP Dibber

What an amazing, cool place. I never knew it existed but now I must remember it for when I plan our (someday) trip to NYC.

Nice early start while it was still quiet, lovely photos.

All of my trip reports are in this INDEX

My most recent reports are below:
*Complete* A Tale of Two Cities - Washington D.C. & Boston - March 2023
We Love Food! An Offsite Dining Report - May 2022
Fuellady is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Aug 16, 08:27 PM  
Link to this Post
WileyCoyote
I am not a shopaholic

Originally Posted by Fuellady View Post
What an amazing, cool place. I never knew it existed but now I must remember it for when I plan our (someday) trip to NYC.

Nice early start while it was still quiet, lovely photos.
Hello Lynda, it really is a lovely space. It would be nice to just sit and chill out there with a drink. But I imagine it gets packed out on sunny days. We were really lucky it was so quiet. Some stretches were completely empty.
Old 25 Aug 16, 05:31 PM  
Link to this Post
mrsdjh
Imagineer

Nice early morning walk, the Highline looks an interesting thing to do - not sure about that bloke in his pants though!
mrsdjh is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Aug 16, 01:02 PM  
Link to this Post
collybird
Imagineer

I also will go the wrong way every time out of a choice of two, regardless of where in the world we are!

Those parking lots fascinate and terrify me in equal measures.

Chelsea Market looks great, I wouldn't have been able to resist all of those goodies.
collybird is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Aug 16, 08:32 AM  
Link to this Post
WileyCoyote
I am not a shopaholic

Originally Posted by mrsdjh View Post
Nice early morning walk, the Highline looks an interesting thing to do - not sure about that bloke in his pants though!
It was a lovely early morning walk , creepy man in pants... Definitely stops you in your tracks !

Originally Posted by collybird View Post
I also will go the wrong way every time out of a choice of two, regardless of where in the world we are!

Those parking lots fascinate and terrify me in equal measures.

Chelsea Market looks great, I wouldn't have been able to resist all of those goodies.
I can't believe how bad my internal compass is , I always choose the wrong way ! I think if we had gone later we might have eaten more but we only just had those bagels at the hotel.