Notices
Walt Disney World and Florida Trip Reports Trip Reports and Videos

Old 21 Aug 16, 09:08 AM  
Link to this Post
WileyCoyote
I am not a shopaholic

Originally Posted by Jane71 View Post
So sorry to read about Andys mum. She certainly looked as though she was enjoying herself with Tigger, at least you've got some lovely memories of her.
The train station at Washington was lovely. Looking forward to the sight seeing!
Thank you. All the buildings in Washington were so grand. It's full of lovely sights.

Originally Posted by EJSakaAnna View Post
So sorry to hear about Andy's Mum x

Looking forward to hearing about what you got up to in Washington DC!
Thank you. We had such a short time but saw loads, loved it !

Originally Posted by Milner View Post
Sorry to hear about Andy's mum. Great day with great photos.
Thank you x it did turn out ok after all, even though no sightseeing

Originally Posted by Glee Fan View Post
How long did the train take to get there out of interest?

Probably a good day to have a bit of a rest and recharge your batteries. Cocktail looks lush!
Just over 3 hours. Which was ok. About my limit I think before I would consider flying, a lot less hassle than an airport though . I do wonder when/ if they will bring tighter security to train stations though like airports. These stations were massive !
Mmm, that cocktail, definitely in the top 5 of the trip

Originally Posted by sheluk View Post
So sorry to hear about your mother in law glad you got to share your stories with her.

Oh we loved DC- can't wait to read about it xx
Thank you x DC was a real hit. I must finish the next day today
WileyCoyote is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Aug 16, 02:47 PM  
Link to this Post
abiknox
Imagineer

abiknox's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 5
Not a bad day considering the travel. I honestly don't know how you deal with that daily commute

Washington looks lovely, such a great find for dinner too! I could so eat the corn bread & butter!
abiknox is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Aug 16, 10:59 PM  
Link to this Post
Fuellady
VIP Dibber

So sorry to hear about Andy's Mum, Amanda. Glad she managed to hang on until you came home and that you were able to share some of your holiday memories with her.

Washington looks lovely, it's a place I've always wanted to go so I'm really looking forward to reading on. From the pics you've posted so far it looks really clean and beautiful.

All of my trip reports are in this INDEX

My most recent reports are below:
*Complete* A Tale of Two Cities - Washington D.C. & Boston - March 2023
We Love Food! An Offsite Dining Report - May 2022
Fuellady is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Aug 16, 08:42 PM  
Link to this Post
WileyCoyote
I am not a shopaholic

Originally Posted by abiknox View Post
Not a bad day considering the travel. I honestly don't know how you deal with that daily commute

Washington looks lovely, such a great find for dinner too! I could so eat the corn bread & butter!
Lol, with the amount of strikes going on, I'm not doing that commute quite so daily. Good thing I am able to work from home !

Washington is totes fab as trendies would say and Fat Petes was a complete saviour on the food and footy front. The cornbread and butter were just droolicious

Originally Posted by Fuellady View Post
So sorry to hear about Andy's Mum, Amanda. Glad she managed to hang on until you came home and that you were able to share some of your holiday memories with her.

Washington looks lovely, it's a place I've always wanted to go so I'm really looking forward to reading on. From the pics you've posted so far it looks really clean and beautiful.
Thanks Lynda, it's the funeral next week, it's been a long wait in between. Will be nice to finally pay our respects . And to start to find our new " normality" . Life's been crazy.

Loved Washington, would go back in a flash.
WileyCoyote is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Aug 16, 09:50 PM  
Link to this Post
mrsdjh
Imagineer

How nice that you got to tell Andy's mum about your holiday, that is a lovely photo of her with Tigger. I hope the funeral goes as well as can be expected next week x

The train trip seemed rather uneventful for you! The station looks very impressive.

I often have the same problem with the bath/shower in hotels!
mrsdjh is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Aug 16, 01:55 PM  
Link to this Post
UncleLatch
Imagineer

UncleLatch's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2
I just dipped into your trippie because I'm interested in Washington. Now I'm going to have to read the lot because it's quite entertaining ( and a bit sad, sorry about your MiL.
Well, that's my evening sorted. How the hell did you make room for that giant cookie pud? Why didn't you have the Burnt Ends?
Other questions may follow.
UncleLatch is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Aug 16, 03:50 PM  
Link to this Post
collybird
Imagineer

So sorry about Andy's mum, I'm glad you were able to share all your trip stories with her, she'll have been so pleased she was able to hang on for that xxx
collybird is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Aug 16, 08:52 AM  
Link to this Post
WileyCoyote
I am not a shopaholic

Originally Posted by mrsdjh View Post
How nice that you got to tell Andy's mum about your holiday, that is a lovely photo of her with Tigger. I hope the funeral goes as well as can be expected next week x

The train trip seemed rather uneventful for you! The station looks very impressive.

I often have the same problem with the bath/shower in hotels!
Thank you x as train journeys go , no track fires, loose cows, cars crashing though level crossings or striking guards so yep, pretty darn good !

We have really high pressure power showers at home so everywhere else feels a bit feeble by comparison . Although the shower bit at the Hilton was really good. I just couldn't get the stopper bit to work to make it come out the tap

Originally Posted by UncleLatch View Post
I just dipped into your trippie because I'm interested in Washington. Now I'm going to have to read the lot because it's quite entertaining ( and a bit sad, sorry about your MiL.
Well, that's my evening sorted. How the hell did you make room for that giant cookie pud? Why didn't you have the Burnt Ends?
Other questions may follow.
Aha, welcome to my crazy family ( and the three dogs that get left behind ...) . I did feel sick after the pudding and the other two teens helped out.
I was saving burnt ends for the trip to 4 Rivers ... Error ... We never got to eat there

Originally Posted by collybird View Post
So sorry about Andy's mum, I'm glad you were able to share all your trip stories with her, she'll have been so pleased she was able to hang on for that xxx
Thank you . We had a laugh with her over our stories. She was more upset about not being able to mind the dogs for us , she used to regard that as her holiday x
Old 10 Sep 16, 09:44 PM  
Link to this Post
Hels80
VIP Dibber

So sorry to read about Andy's Mum. So sad. She sounded like a lovely lady xxx
Best Western I drive 1997, Regal Palms 2009, Wedding at Beuna Vista Palace 04/08/09, Coco Key 2010, Art of Animation, RPR Universal, Rosen Inn @ Pointe 2014, RPR & Disney's Swan 2017, Rosen Inn @ Pointe, Hard Rock Hotel, Port Orleans French 2018.

DLP: :
Best Western MLV 2007, Hotel Cheyenne 2008, Sequoia Lodge 2010, Dream Castle 2011, Kyriad MLV Torcy 2012, Hotel El'ysee 2012, Hotel Cheyenne 2013, Sequoia Lodge 2015.
Hels80 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Sep 16, 02:57 PM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
The train journey looked lovelya bit more relaxing than you had in New York

Joan