Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 23 May 17, 02:46 PM  
Link to this Post
hotchill100
Getting Excited

Change to booking with only 11 days to go?...Do I have rights?

Hi all

Our travel company have been in touch to say that we can no longer stay in the villa we booked as it has been sold they have offered us 3 'like for like' alternatives which quite frankly aren't near the standard of the one we originally chose. Do I have to choose one of these? As the title says we only have 11 days till we fly and it's really taken the shine off..we've been saving hard for 2 years and the villa is a big part of it for me..any advice appreciated!
Old 23 May 17, 02:48 PM  
Link to this Post
Dinglebert
Imagineer

Dinglebert's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
No you don't but you may find the alternative is for them to cancel down the whole holiday and refund your money.
Dinglebert is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 May 17, 02:49 PM  
Link to this Post
papamouse
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by hotchill100 View Post
Hi all

Our travel company have been in touch to say that we can no longer stay in the villa we booked as it has been sold they have offered us 3 'like for like' alternatives which quite frankly aren't near the standard of the one we originally chose. Do I have to choose one of these? As the title says we only have 11 days till we fly and it's really taken the shine off..we've been saving hard for 2 years and the villa is a big part of it for me..any advice appreciated!
suppose this falls under the same rules as the recent refurbs

there you can ask for a full refund without penalty or move to another accommodation (extra costs at your expense tho)

all info on the ABTA website.

2024 Early Booker Discounts Calculator Spreadsheet here:
https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho...php?p=15848077
papamouse is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 May 17, 02:50 PM  
Link to this Post
dismadbrit
Imagineer

dismadbrit's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 7
Restaurant Reviews: 13
Same happened to me last year.
It had taken me ages to choose the "right" villa I wasn't happy with their second choices on offer but was explicitly told they were like for like and that is all that was on offer or cancel.
Leaving no choice really...
Old 23 May 17, 02:56 PM  
Link to this Post
hotchill100
Getting Excited

Thanks for the replies...slightly disappointing but hey ho, it would appear we have no choice!
Old 23 May 17, 07:28 PM  
Link to this Post
Picklepuppy
Being a bit Goofy

Mobile

If you don't like what is being offered and pick another that is more expensive they can ask you to pay the difference. Or you should be given the option to cancel, but you would need to check your t&c's as if they are offering like for like in grade, price and facilities, you may be liable for a cancellation fee.
Picklepuppy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 May 17, 09:06 PM  
Link to this Post
bubster20
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

On the flip side, this happened to us on our trip 4yrs ago. Had spent weeks looking at hundreds of villas before narrowing down and down and finally deciding on our "perfect pick". We've been going since 1996 so not new to it and we know exactly what we want/like.

The company we booked the villa through called 10days prior to departure to advise they had double booked the villa and we had to pick a new one from the 2 they offered that were available for our 24 nights. Both were more expensive than what we had booked but they were waiving the difference. Neither looked much tbh in the pics but with such a short time til we left what could we do? Well, the alternate villa we picked turned out to be brilliant and we have since returned twice to that same one! You just never know.

I've also picked villas over the years that looked fab and turned out awful on arrival so like I say, you never know.

I'd definitely try to push for them to cover any difference in cost if you have the option of a more expensive property, possibly pitch it to them as a goodwill gesture since alternate still available at this late stage and so most likely would remain empty otherwise? Try the uber polite softly softly approach, often gets you further than losing the rag lol. Good luck xx
Old 24 May 17, 08:14 AM  
Link to this Post
Worgie
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

Make sure if you do accept an alternative you are completely happy with it. The same thing happened to us a few years back and as it was Easter we couldn't find an alternative ourselves so had to take their villa. We ended up backing on to the US27 on hampton Lakes and the road noise was so bad we couldn't sit by the pool or sleep in the master bedroom at the back of the villa.
Make sure you ask for an address & look on google earth to check you are happy with the location etc.
It didn't ruin our holiday but it certainly didn't enhance it in any way.
Old 24 May 17, 08:26 AM  
Link to this Post
RM2016
Imagineer

RM2016's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Have a look through all options of accomadation that the travel company offer and tell them what ones you would be happy with. It's in their best interests to find something that works for everyone.
RM2016 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List